Nuggets signed Joey Graham

I'm puzzled really. It's not like he can shoot.

We traded for Sonny Weems at the draft and the FO gushed he was the player they targeted all along and when we got him, we never played him and traded him.

What's the difference between these three players (Weems, White, Graham)? Athletic wings who can fly and wow in dunk contest but cannot shoot...

Can Doc or Raptors fans tell me what's good about Graham? I don't like this move at all...

Guess the FO is trying to fill up the SF backups with minimum contract players.

Joey was good in his rookie and last season with the raptors. Not going to lie, he has a very low bball IQ. But he is finally realizing what his srenghts are. He now does not settle for the jump shot. He waits for his shot, doesn't usually force. Cuts to the basket, rebounds, and takes it down the lane. He can play the 2, 3, and 4 spot and has played the 5 spot against Dwight Howard. Before last year all raptor fans hated him and wanted him out. He changed everyone's mind and became a fan fav with last season. In all, a solid 10-12 man.

Edited by Doc

Joey was good in his rookie and last season with the raptors. Not going to lie, he has a very low bball IQ. But he is finally realizing what his srenghts are. He now does not settle for the jump shot. He waits for his shot, doesn't usually force. Cuts to the basket, rebounds, and takes it down the lane. He can play the 2, 3, and 4 spot and has played the 5 spot against Dwight Howard. Before last year all raptor fans hated him and wanted him out. He changed everyone's mind and became a fan fav with last season. In all, a solid 10-12 man.

lol guarding Dwight??

Thanks I feel better now towards this signing. I hope he makes the most out of this situation. Although I think we still need 1-2 more shooters, as long as he can be a scorer, I guess he'd be good to back up Melo and J.R. at times.

• Owner

Joey hasn't really been a professional basketball player since he was drafted, and I knew that as he was coming out of OSU. He's a professional athlete, yes, but so are many bench players.

It's Joey Graham, guys. You can't make sense of this, not with George Karl coaching. If Graham is going to turn things around and become a potential starter in the league, it won't happen under Karl or with the Nuggets. For one, there's no room on this team for him to play significant minutes. Two, George Karl doesn't have time to fit him into this offense (if he was smart, he'd look into developing Ty Lawson more).

Joey's best bet is to be with guys like Popovich or Larry Brown, guys that will fit him in defensively, and let his offense come only when he's given the shots.