Heroes

Dash

UPDATE: I toldja there were 3 ways NBC was going to go, and we'd know as soon as today if series cancellation was the option chosen, and it's now official. But NBC sources now tell me that the network is "working on a way to wrap up the show. That will be determined after the upfront." Other insiders explain to me that NBC will soon commit to that 2-hour or 4-hour special event in midseason to reward Heroes fans.

A mini series or movie is fine with me.

Edited by Dash

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've had this false hope that the show will get better too but each time I'm disappointed. The thing with a mini series or movie is that Kring (hopefully) can't troll us enough and will speed things along faster.

Heroes was REALLY good in season one, but every single season afterward has been increasingly disappointing. It's sad too because the show had so much potential after the first season, but it's been wasted on poor writing.

Heroes was REALLY good in season one, but every single season afterward has been increasingly disappointing. It's sad too because the show had so much potential after the first season, but it's been wasted on poor writing.

That writer's strike really screwed them over.

• 5 months later...

I just finished watching the entire series online and I must say that I am shocked at how quickly this show went from being completely amazing to complete garbage. The entire 4th season was just retarded and nothing interested me about it at all. It was such a huge disapointment.

Turning Sylar into Nathan? Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

The whole carnival thing was just stupid. Robert Knepper is a great actor, but even he couldn't get me interested in that storyline.

Claire's lesbian romance? How original. :rolleyes:

The last episode was quite possibly the biggest let down ever. Samuel goes from being a god when he has about 20-30 "special" people around him to being literally powerless when they leave, even though he still has Sylar, Peter, Emma, Doyle and I think Claire, Hiro and Ando around him? He didn't seem to have any troubles killing Mohinder without anybody around him earlier in the season.

I think I'd take a full season of nothing but Maya and Alejandro over the 4th season.

The show was just a complete mess after season 2, which wasn't even that great in the 1st place although I think the writers strike had a lot to do with that as it had potential. It was nothing but plot holes and horrible storylines from then on out.

I didn't read anything about it before I started watching it, but if I'd known that the show would go into a complete tailspin like it did, I probably would've just stopped watching it after season 1. Season 1 was one of my favourite seasons of any show and then it just went to complete [expletive].

Just curious, does anybody know of any similar shows that are worth watching? Doesn't have to be a current show as I'll most likely be watching it on the computer. Ever since Lost ended I've been trying to find a suitable replacement for it, and I thought I found it after the first season of Heroes, but so far I've had no luck.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Idk about a show like Heroes but I am with everything you said

my favorite shows in order currently are

House (season 7?)

Dexter (season 5)

Weeds (season 6)

Modern Family (season 2)

Burn Notice (season 4)

The Office (season 7)

30 Rock (season 4)

Glee :unsure: (season 2)

lol I wrote this all then I saw IllWill and your post

Flashfoward was like Heroes, but it got axed after 1 season...

They got a new show called Extraordinary family, maybe that's worth checking out?

BTW question about Heroes - Does it bug you that you never got to see why Ando kills Hiro in the future?

Idk about a show like Heroes but I am with everything you said

my favorite shows in order currently are

House (season 7?)

Dexter (season 5)

Weeds (season 6)

Modern Family (season 2)

Burn Notice (season 4)

The Office (season 7)

30 Rock (season 4)

Glee :unsure: (season 2)

lol I wrote this all then I saw IllWill and your post

Flashfoward was like Heroes, but it got axed after 1 season...

They got a new show called Extraordinary family, maybe that's worth checking out?

BTW question about Heroes - Does it bug you that you never got to see why Ando kills Hiro in the future?

Don't worry i watch Glee too :lol:

Btw, the new show is called No Ordinary Family. I'm keeping up with it and it's actually been pretty good so far.

Sorry, let me clarify.

I meant a show of the same genre as Heroes/Lost was. I already watch Dexter (my favourite show on TV) but was just wondering if there was any other good shows that follow a similar style as Lost and the 1st season of Heroes.

Heroes is gay, can't suggest anything in that realm.

:)

Just watch The Event.

Sorry, let me clarify.

I meant a show of the same genre as Heroes/Lost was. I already watch Dexter (my favourite show on TV) but was just wondering if there was any other good shows that follow a similar style as Lost and the 1st season of Heroes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_X_%28TV_series%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallville_%28TV_series%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_%28TV_series%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cape_%282010_TV_series%29

All I could find.

Also watch 24, 8 seasons of win. Personally my favorite series of all time.

• 2 weeks later...

@BFT - I just began watching season 2, would you say its worth checking out? Some people told me its boring but okay.

Season 2 of Heroes?

It was alright. If you erase all expectations of it rivaling the first season (and skip all of the Maya and Alejandro scenes :lol: ), it isn't bad. I liked Hiro's storyline and it had potential, but the writers strike really killed all momentum that the show had.

I didn't mind the 2nd season. It wasn't nearly as good as the 1st, but it wasn't "what the [expletive] is going on" awful like the 3rd and 4th seasons.

Season 2 of Heroes?

It was alright. If you erase all expectations of it rivaling the first season (and skip all of the Maya and Alejandro scenes :lol: ), it isn't bad. I liked Hiro's storyline and it had potential, but the writers strike really killed all momentum that the show had.

I didn't mind the 2nd season. It wasn't nearly as good as the 1st, but it wasn't "what the [expletive] is going on" awful like the 3rd and 4th seasons.

Yeah it didn't take me long to hate both Maya/Alejandro. As long as the rest of the season is somewhat decent I guess I'll watch it.

What was better season 3 or 4? I've already watched 4 and 1 and once I finish 2, I'm thinking I might as well watch that right? I watched some of 3 before but not all of it.

Yeah it didn't take me long to hate both Maya/Alejandro. As long as the rest of the season is somewhat decent I guess I'll watch it.

What was better season 3 or 4? I've already watched 4 and 1 and once I finish 2, I'm thinking I might as well watch that right? I watched some of 3 before but not all of it.

Season 3 has a lot more action, but the storylines are completey ridiculous and there are plot holes after plot holes.

I liked season 3 better because I absolutely loathed season 4, but neither one is anything special. Season 3 was basically the beginning of the end of this series and season 4 was the nail in the coffin. That is how I look at it.