Why are people for taxing the rich?

reno

The difference of salary between a secretary and a teacher has absolutely nothing to do with a chain of command, as neither are related to each other in any fashion.

Sure, it makes sense that a Principal would earn more than a teacher, and a teacher would earn more than a substitute, but that's not what the discussion is about.

Different types of jobs earn different types of money, and when you dig into it, it's to benefit the rich man. There's no way around it. The rich continue to get richer, which just forces everything and everyone else to fall into place...and that place is lower middle class, and lower class.

Who cares? This is how the system is, businesses are where the money is at. There is a reason that I am going to major in it.

People who own business might not be working at all right now but they have had to do a lot of thinking, planning, working and start off with quite a lot of money to get where they are today. I used to work for 2 bosses, they started off with 1 store at a mall and had to work tons and tons of hours and have opened at least 30 stores by now, they basically just relax now and drive their Porsche everywhere they want and go on vacation every 3 months. I will try and start my own business, whether I fail or not, the chance of being successful makes me feel good.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

• Owner

It makes no sense that you think that an owner or CEO shouldn't be making a lot more than their employees.

If everyone at McDonald's was making more money than a CEO, there would be something seriously wrong with this world.

You obviously don't understand what I'm saying. Re-read what I typed.

I understand a Principal making more than a teacher. I understand a CEO making more than a staff manager.

What I don't understand is some secretary from Amazon.com making more than a grade school teacher.

What I don't understand is an athlete making $30 million a year.

What I don't understand is a CEO stealing money WHILE raking in more than he is supposed to in the first place, while underpaying everyone below him.

It's been going on for years.

I agree 100% with Brandon. I also don't think athletes should be making anywhere NEAR the type of cash they are raking in, it's just ridiculous when basketball or football players earn 10 times as much as a doctor. Which is more important? Who does more for the community, for the world?

Yet we can complain all we want about these things, but nothing will ever change.

I agree 100% with Brandon. I also don't think athletes should be making anywhere NEAR the type of cash they are raking in, it's just ridiculous when basketball or football players earn 10 times as much as a doctor. Which is more important? Who does more for the community, for the world?

Yet we can complain all we want about these things, but nothing will ever change.

If doctors had to be payed much more, the cost of going to a doctor would be WAY more, and people cant even afford healthcare.

Yeah, I'm not saying doctors should be given drastically higher salary. But somebody who plays a game for a living, versus somebody who operates on human beings to save and improve lives, should not be earning 10 times more the amount of salary. The amount of money athletes and entertainers get paid these days are ridiculous, especially when you think about the NBA, or MLB, when some of these multi million dollar contracts are guaranteed.

Doctors go through years of schooling, and study their asses off to be nearly perfect in their profession (what happens when a doctor makes a wrong diagnosis, makes a mistake on the operating table?) and save lives every day. Whereas some people can be born with long arms, legs, a natural gift for athleticism, half [expletive] their way through "games" and end up getting paid over 100 million dollars in their career, on guaranteed money. Lamar Odom has done that.

Yeah, I'm not saying doctors should be given drastically higher salary. But somebody who plays a game for a living, versus somebody who operates on human beings to save and improve lives, should not be earning 10 times more the amount of salary. The amount of money athletes and entertainers get paid these days are ridiculous, especially when you think about the NBA, or MLB, when some of these multi million dollar contracts are guaranteed.

Doctors go through years of schooling, and study their asses off to be nearly perfect in their profession (what happens when a doctor makes a wrong diagnosis, makes a mistake on the operating table?) and save lives every day. Whereas some people can be born with long arms, legs, a natural gift for athleticism, half [expletive] their way through "games" and end up getting paid over 100 million dollars in their career, on guaranteed money. Lamar Odom has done that.

Sports are a multi-billion dollar industry that billions of people follow, of course athletes will make the money because they are super talented and people spend tons of money to follow their team, going to games, buying merchandise etc. Players dont deserve millions upon millions of dollars but they have tons of responsibility and things to do and they have to constantly deal with fans and cant even go outside without being surrounded by crazy fans. You think a guy like Yao Ming could go out there like a normal person in China? Or Kobe Bryant just go take a walk in LA? Hell no.

But honestly, what point am I trying to make, things are the way they are, businesses own the USA, everything is a business and depending on what industry you are in, you will be payed higher or lower, its a complete gamble.

• Owner

That had nothing to do with what I said considering people that watch sporting events support the athletes making lots of money.

We support the players we watch, and they are paid...and you support the paychecks you get, and those are taxed. Same concept.