Bosh Adds About 20 Pounds

Doc

Chris Bosh has added 15- or 20-pounds of muscle. His formerly slender frame now tips the scales, by his count, at a career-high 250 pounds.

Head coach Jay Triano also has noticed a change in his presence mentally.

"He's more engaged now," Triano said. "I get a text from him now once a week, `Watching tape. I really clogged things up last year. How are we going to eliminate that this year?' Or, `Coach, we need to move the ball a little bit better.' He's wanting to get better, (asking) `What can I do not to clog things up? What can I do defensively?'

"I gave him three (things to improve) and he texts back, `Anything else?' I said, `If the door's open.' And I gave him seven more. So now you have 10 things. And he was, like, `Thanks. Love constructive criticism.'"

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61896/20091002/bosh_stronger_more_engaged/

I highly doubt that it is all muscle because that is a lot of muscle to add in such a little amount of time (at least as far as I am concerned) but it is definitely good to hear that he has bulked up and becomre stronger. This will enable

Adding bulk and strength will mean that opposing big men won't be able to push him around as easily defensively and just buly their way to the hoop. Obviously there is so much more to defense then being a strong player but being strong, being able to stand your ground better, being stronger when fighting for position etc... will obviously help out on the defensive end of the floor.

Offensively it will come in handy as well because he will be able to establish position down low easier, battle for offensive boards and won't get pushed around/bodied up on as much either.

The key is that this added weight won't take away from his expolosiveness and quickness because those are two of the most important part of Bosh's game and, for the most part, his biggest advantages over opposing big men.

• Owner

Let's add him in the long list of players who have added weight now. :rolleyes:

He's still a puss.

At least he has put on just enough weight not to fracture his foot multiple times, and be a true "puss" by not being able to play for an entire season.

And obviously, that's not what I truly feel about Yao Ming, but your comments are a great way to spark that debate pretty quickly, and make people hate you even more.

I'm not a Yao fan and I'm far from a Rockets fan but I don't call out the team without backing up my claim. But back on the topic. I think Bosh could benefit from this. The past couple of seasons he's been settling for the outside jumper more than he should, even when a slower defender is on him. I see him getting to the line more this season.

I'm not a Yao fan and I'm far from a Rockets fan but I don't call out the team without backing up my claim. But back on the topic. I think Bosh could benefit from this. The past couple of seasons he's been settling for the outside jumper more than he should, even when a slower defender is on him. I see him getting to the line more this season.

Bosh is usually near the top in FT attempts in the league if I'm not mistaken.

I highly doubt that it is all muscle because that is a lot of muscle to add in such a little amount of time (at least as far as I am concerned) but it is definitely good to hear that he has bulked up and becomre stronger. This will enable

Adding bulk and strength will mean that opposing big men won't be able to push him around as easily defensively and just buly their way to the hoop. Obviously there is so much more to defense then being a strong player but being strong, being able to stand your ground better, being stronger when fighting for position etc... will obviously help out on the defensive end of the floor.

Offensively it will come in handy as well because he will be able to establish position down low easier, battle for offensive boards and won't get pushed around/bodied up on as much either.

The key is that this added weight won't take away from his expolosiveness and quickness because those are two of the most important part of Bosh's game and, for the most part, his biggest advantages over opposing big men.

Rudy Gay added 15 to 25 pounds of muscle over the offseason, too.

Speaking of quickness in an interview a saw a few days ago Bosh talked about not putting on weight but he wanted to get quicker so he worked on putting on weight as we’ve talked about and made sure he spent just the same amount of time working on his quickness.