Emeka or Chandler?

The Bobcats probably should of kept Emeka but they didn't unfortunately, yes it's a loss but i think there are some positives to come out of the swap of starting centers. I really think a lot of people are going to underestimate Chandlers impact on this Bobcats team! Yes he's now known to been injury prone but when he's healthy and focused in he can be quite affective, plus i think he's a fine fit on this team, he will add to this teams defensive capabilities and hopefully knowing that that they can be a running team, were assuming chandlers will like that. My only worry is that if Chandler offers less offense than Emeka did then that could be a worry since the Bobcats seriously lack some scoring power but hey you never know.

^ A running team under Larry Brown?

Yeah true, though they're capable of it. Guess i forgot about their change of coaches over last offseason!

I think this Charlotte team may be ready to be a bottom seed playoff team with the right attitude and commitment from the players this year, i have a feeling it's all about meshing well (now that the new players have had training camp together) and getting off to a good and steady start this season, thing's arn't looking to bad for them, Emeka isn't such a massive loss.

They have what it takes on the defensive end, yet they are still missing real go-to 20+ppg caliber scoring option, like what they could have acquired with Iverson. Gerald is pretty productive offensively, but realistically for a team that has any sort of hopes of contending in the future, he is a second option at best.

It's no use stopping your opponent from scoring when you can't score yourself. They say "offense wins games and defense wins championships". Well, you ain't gettin to no championship if you can't win those regular season games to get in the playoffs in the first place. It takes good production on both ends of the court, the Bobcats have half the deal, and they still need offensive options other than Gerald, Diaw, and potentially Chandler in the post.

Edited by Poe

The Hornets made out on this deal as they not only saved $2M for this season but they upgrade at the position. Both players have had their injury woes but Okafor is the better post scorer and slightly better shot blocker and rebounder. Chandler is the superior defender but his offensive game is really weak. Other than that lob dunk, Chandler features nagging ankle and toe injuries that make him a lock to sit at least 20 games a season.