Official NBA 2k10 Thread

Legacy

Wow, what the heck? How many NBA games have you played?

I'm still on 49 overall :lol:

Haha quite a few man. Not sure on the exact amount...me and a few of my buddies played this [expletive] non-stop when it first came out last week, haha.

Well, I got pretty far into the game, now. I got all-rookie first team and my clone got second team (I guess I'm just that good :P). I also got the ROY award, even though I only averaged 10 points, 7 assists, and 1.5 steals per game (my clone messed up my averages, though... It says I played like 120 games, so its been combining me and my clone games together).

I lead my Heat to the 6th seed against the Nets (no idea how they made it to 3rd seed, haha). They were pretty easy to beat. Won 4-2. I then played the Hawks in the second round. Beat them in a grueling 7 game series.

I did this all last night. Once I started a series, I just felt the need to finish it and win, haha. Now I'm about to play the Celtics.... :wacko:

• Owner

Man, some of you guys play this game a LOT. I've played a total of 25 games, I think...D-League and NBA games combined. I believe I'm in the month of February, on the Spurs, averaging about 11/3/5 on 46% shooting, playing behind Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, 60 overall rating. :(

Argh. Lost my first game against the Celtics. :(

The Celtics started off hot and ended the first quarter 19-9. By the end of the 2nd qtr I got my team back a little closer at 30-23. The 2nd half my team was slowly catching up. Towards the end of the game, it was 56-50. I give the ball up to Wade and he hits a 3 pointer. 56-53, 26 seconds left. Rondo dribble it up, I deflect his pass to Peirce and get the steal, dribble it up and score the fastbreak bucket. 56-55. I foul Rondo to get him to the FT line, he hits both free throws, the Heat call time out with about 10 seconds left in the game. 58-55. They inbound to me, Wade is closely covered by Pierce with Allen close by. I give the ball up to Chalmers, he shoots the 3 and..... bricks. ARGH

I finished the game with 11 points (5-7 FG, 1-1 FT), 11 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, and 1 TO.

Well I got my guy to the NBA right after training camp, then decided to go and make 12min quarters to make it more real, ended up replaying it all and got right onto the Timberwolves out of training camp. I have only played the first game so far but I played a good amount and we won the game. I scored like 25 points, 4 assists, 4 rebounds. I noticed if you want to do well you need to make sure you are outplaying your matchup every time you are out there.

Well I got my guy to the NBA right after training camp, then decided to go and make 12min quarters to make it more real, ended up replaying it all and got right onto the Timberwolves out of training camp. I have only played the first game so far but I played a good amount and we won the game. I scored like 25 points, 4 assists, 4 rebounds. I noticed if you want to do well you need to make sure you are outplaying your matchup every time you are out there.

I actually wouldn't like that, I like the fact you start out slow and it's more realistic to go to the Dleague.

I actually wouldn't like that, I like the fact you start out slow and it's more realistic to go to the Dleague.

Problem is teams are shooting too high %, even if I am barely playing in the game the final score ends up being like 150-160ish for each team, sometimes more, its annoying lol. I can't change the minutes though, otherwise I would drop to like 8min.

Well I did start out slow, I don't play much of the game still. I made it on the team and am like the 4th-5th PG but they also are playing me at SG so I get minutes there.

I agree.

Our ratings should be at least 60 before we get up to the NBA. I got to the NBA when my rating was only 45.

Well, it turns out I beat the Celtics the next four games, making it a 4-1 series. It seems like I'll be facing Billups and Melo in the Finals (yea, they beat the Lakers..). If I was able to beat the Celtics, I guess the Nuggets shouldn't be too much of an issue. Looks like I could be leading the Heat to their 2nd Championship :D ..well, maybe with a little help from Wade.. :whistling:

i think this is a glitch but im not to sure. i was on 31 mins a game and then the next game im back down to 4?

and i gotta work my way back up again... but the last time i played (the 4 min game) the commentator said i was injured or he could tell i was injured. is game stuffing or is it because i was injured.. oh and i didnt miss any games

i think this is a glitch but im not to sure. i was on 31 mins a game and then the next game im back down to 4?

and i gotta work my way back up again... but the last time i played (the 4 min game) the commentator said i was injured or he could tell i was injured. is game stuffing or is it because i was injured.. oh and i didnt miss any games

Maybe you just got hurt, but healthy enough to still be able to play in limited minutes.

how do you go about setting it to 12 minutes? I wanna do that but dont know how -_-

how do you go about setting it to 12 minutes? I wanna do that but dont know how -_-

You can't change it.. yet. Hopefully you can after the patch. For now, you can only adjust it before you even start. In the main game you adjust and save the minutes in your settings to 12 minutes, and AFTER you begin your my player mode from the start, and it will be stuck on 12 minute quarters. Its weird, I wish I had known this before starting with my PG.

You can't change it.. yet. Hopefully you can after the patch. For now, you can only adjust it before you even start. In the main game you adjust and save the minutes in your settings to 12 minutes, and AFTER you begin your my player mode from the start, and it will be stuck on 12 minute quarters. Its weird, I wish I had known this before starting with my PG.

ic, i might just restart, im 16 games into d-league(STILL SMH), pretty dee in, but not like im in the NBA so.....

ic, i might just restart, im 16 games into d-league(STILL SMH), pretty dee in, but not like im in the NBA so.....

For me, I'm not going to restart until the patch comes out. I still have a defensive SF I made in the draft combine that I haven't used yet. I'll restart on that when I know all the problems are fixed.

Well.. I beat the Nuggets 4-0 and brought the Heat a championship. I'm not happy, though. The ending was freaking pathetic. Nothing happened. After the game was over, it just went back to the same screen as always with the insider telling you how you played as always, and nothing happened. I pressed "play next game" to see what would happen. It said "simulating..." for a good 30 seconds, then asked me which team I would like to play for. It gave me an option to join 4 different teams, including "stay on bobcats" (wtf?). I pressed bobcats since that was my preferred team out of the 4 choices, and then I see my dudes face.... WTF. My dude looks like he went and got plastic surgery over the off season. I mean, WOW. He turned from a normal white kid into a big nosed asian with distorted eye brows... wow, wtf.. The game already autosaved, so there is no fixing it.

Is there anything I can do about this?