Sidebar blocks added

Real Deal

• Owner

Sorry for the delay, guys. It's been a mess having to edit skin templates and make sure everything is secure on the forums. I think I'm almost to that comfortable level now.

So, I've added the box scores, a list of useful basketball links (which I know we all use, haha), and a list of our current affiliates which, as far as they go, I'm not really sure which others we need to put up at the moment. If you see OTR affiliated with anyone else not on the list, please tell me in here.

Aaron plans on providing us with the standings once again, but we're going to find an easier way to go about it. If not, he'll be working nightly again, and it's inconvenient, to say the least. :wacko:

If you have any other suggestions for the board itself, post them in here. The season is getting closer. We gotta make sure we're good to go before November.

• Owner

for the nba score board can u add like a minimize to it?

it helps me out alot if i dont wanna see the scores

Not sure if I can do that, because it's an iframe.

If you really want it blocked, I can help you block that particular iframe content, but you'll have to do some editing in your Windows files (don't worry, I won't ruin your computer, haha).

Assuming you have XP, go to My Computer, your hard drive, then browse to:

WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

See a file called "hosts" in there? Right click and open it with WordPad (or NotePad, whatever).

Add these lines:

127.0.0.1 cbssports.com
127.0.0.1 www.cbssports.com

Save it, close all browsers, then come back to OTR and see if it works. :)

Only problem is, you won't be able to visit CBSSports anymore.

• Owner

Well, if you know what CBS is, it's their sports site. So many other options, though...so if you've never been there for anything other than what others have posted (links), then I'm sure it won't bother you, haha.

• 2 weeks later...