Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Dash

For full article click here

OSLO – President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday in a stunning decision designed to build momentum behind his initiatives to reduce nuclear arms, ease tensions with the Muslim world and stress diplomacy and cooperation rather than unilateralism.

Obama said he was surprised and deeply humbled by the honor, and planned to travel to Oslo to accept the prize, which he said he does not see "as a recognition of my own accomplishments," but rather as a recognition of goals he has set for the United States and the world.

"I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many transformative figures that have been honored by this prize," Obama said.

Many observers were shocked by the unexpected choice so early in the Obama presidency, which began less than two weeks before the Feb. 1 nomination deadline and has yet to yield concrete achievements in peacemaking.

Some around the world objected to the choice of Obama, who still oversees wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and has launched deadly counter-terror strikes in Pakistan and Somalia.

Members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee said their choice could be seen as an early vote of confidence in Obama intended to build global support for his policies. They lauded the change in global mood wrought by Obama's calls for peace and cooperation, and praised his pledges to reduce the world stock of nuclear arms, ease American conflicts with Muslim nations and strengthen the U.S. role in combating climate change.

This is a tremendous honor, congrats Obama.

• Owner

He hasn't done anything to get the award yet. If he were to actually succeed in forcing Iran to drop their program, then yes...

But as far as the Fox News thing goes, I'm assuming you didn't watch it on TV this morning, Paul. It was pretty bad. They had some guy on there (never seen him in my life) as a guest, and he was all over it, and I didn't hear one positive thing about the story.

Probably warranted, but that's not the point.

He hasn't done anything to get the award yet. If he were to actually succeed in forcing Iran to drop their program, then yes...

But as far as the Fox News thing goes, I'm assuming you didn't watch it on TV this morning, Paul. It was pretty bad. They had some guy on there (never seen him in my life) as a guest, and he was all over it, and I didn't hear one positive thing about the story.

Probably warranted, but that's not the point.

Well, you won't hear a negative response anywhere else on t.v.

He hasn't done jack?

Since Obama took over, there has been a sudden shift for more peace in the world. In Pakistan, the government has moved to fight the Taliban, something the Bush administration wasn't even close to accomplishing.

Someone brought up that the US went from being one of the most hated countries to being admired. Other nations don't see us as a bully anymore, more like an ally. Obama wouldn't have said "You're either with us or against us".

I can understand that there are more qualifying people but to say he hasn't jack is being naive.

He hasn't done jack?

Since Obama took over, there has been a sudden shift for more peace in the world. In Pakistan, the government has moved to fight the Taliban, something the Bush administration wasn't even close to accomplishing.

Someone brought up that the US went from being one of the most hated countries to being admired. Other nations don't see us as a bully anymore, more like an ally. Obama wouldn't have said "You're either with us or against us".

I can understand that there are more qualifying people but to say he hasn't jack is being naive.

Are you really that dumb?

Towards the end of George W. Bush's second term, Iraq was doing extremely well, and ever since Barack Obama took office, all hell has broken loose again.

During the recent G-20 meetings, do you know how many minutes he actually gave on of the generals to speak to him?

It was twenty-minutes because Barack Obama is a [expletive]ing moron, and everything he touches he fails, which is pretty amusing to watch.

Even Democrats are getting sick and tired of his bull-[expletive] ways.

Edited by EastCoastNiner

He hasn't done jack?

He says this on a day that a car bomb goes off in Pakistan killing 49 people. lol

Edited by N4S

• Owner

LOL, Iraq was fine? When? :lol:

And before Obama, I distinctly remember gas prices being the highest I've ever seen them, and before Obama, I distinctly remember the stock market on the verge of crashing, and Dow tickers all over the news, showing the quick decreases right before our eyes.

But I guess nobody else remembers that.

This [expletive] is getting old already. Everyone THINKS they have a solution, but they don't say anything because, truthfully, they don't. Nobody on this site is qualified to run this country, and nobody on this site will ever be qualified to run it, so all the rambling everyone does about a President that has been in office for less than a year is irrelevant, especially seeing the devastation we were in when he took office.

Boo hoo. Get over it, or move to Mexico and cry about your wages and freedom.

• Like 2

If you can handle members debating and not agreeing with every little thing Obama is doing with this country (cause obviously the majity of OTR does, but then reports show 31% of the American population disapproves with the decisions he is making) then ban politics from the board.

Simple as that.

Politics is really something that people should keep to themselves. It has been known to destroy friendships, families, and relationships.

I can honestly say that I look at some differently since getting into politics and discussing them here.

Edited by N4S

If you can handle members debating and not agreeing with every little thing Obama is doing with this country (cause obviously the majity of OTR does, but then reports show 31% of the American population disapproves with the decisions he is making) then ban politics from the board.

Simple as that.

Politics is really something that people should keep to themselves. It has been known to destroy friendships, families, and relationships.

I can honestly say that I look at some differently since getting into politics and discussing them here.

Same with religion, it has been known to kill and brainwash millions upon millions, up to billions.

• Like 1

Are you really that dumb?

Towards the end of George W. Bush's second term, Iraq was doing extremely well, and ever since Barack Obama took office, all hell has broken loose again.

During the recent G-20 meetings, do you know how many minutes he actually gave on of the generals to speak to him?

It was twenty-minutes because Barack Obama is a [expletive]ing moron, and everything he touches he fails, which is pretty amusing to watch.

Even Democrats are getting sick and tired of his bull-[expletive] ways.

Ann Coulter? Is that you?

• Owner

The problem is that the people that blast Obama have NEVER said anything positive about him, ever...while I can say that I like him, like what he is doing for the most part, but come in here and say that he doesn't deserve this Nobel Peace Prize.

Things like that show the difference between two people.

The problem is that the people that blast Obama have NEVER said anything positive about him, ever...while I can say that I like him, like what he is doing for the most part, but come in here and say that he doesn't deserve this Nobel Peace Prize.

Things like that show the difference between two people.

That's the problem with our country right now. You either never say anything bad about Obama, or never say anything good about him.

No one listens to each other. They just tune into their own propaganda (both sides Democrat/liberals and Republican/conservatives.)

• Like 1