Warriors Suspend Jackson Two Games

The Warriors have suspended guard/forward Stephen Jackson for two games due to conduct detrimental to the team during last night’s game against the Lakers, the team announced today.

Jackson will serve the suspension for the team’s next two games – tonight against the Suns at Indian Wells and Monday, October 12, against the Clippers at Staples Center.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/62050/20091011/warriors_suspend_jackson_two_games/

wha he do???

Just heard on ESPN that Jackson dropped his team captain role. Not good.

Yeah, he talked to Nellie and them and said he don't want to be a captain anymore. I'm sick of his act, ship him and Maggette out for a player that plays with heart and actually runs back on defense and doesn't argue with the refs after every "no call".

• Owner

Yeah, his production (on and off the ball) doesn't make up for his attitude. I'm not sure what his problem really is, but it seems like he's forcing his way out of Golden State, and that should be all the more reason to help him pack his bags.

If those Bosh/Biedrins rumors are true, which I've never believed them to begin with...what if they do come true with Jackson involved?

The Raptors would truly be a European team. :lol:

The problem with Bosh is that what if he doesn't re-sign? We already have Randolph as PF, I don't know if him or Bosh could play center. Personally, I really don't like the idea of giving up Biedrins, Randolph, Ellis, or Morrow. I don't really care as much if anyone else gets traded right now.

You guys see what Jackson said about not being a captain?

"I don't want these young guys to try to follow me," Jackson said. "I can't be a role model to guys who make the same amount of money as me. We're all in the NBA. I don't want to be a role model.

"Control your own game and what you do. Anytime I say something or get suspended, I don't blame it on coaches or teammates. I man up, take it and am responsible. I think everybody should be responsible for their own game, how they prepare and how they play. Don't look at me to get you going. Don't look at me to get the team going. I think everybody is responsible for themselves, and that's how it should be."

Jackson is a scumbag. I read his comments about giving up the team captain role yesterday, saying how he doesn't care and its overrated anyways.

Jackson is terribly overvalued considering his minutes and possessions. I've said it somewhere else that he's a guy that would/should be coming off the bench on most other teams.