Trevor Ariza struggles in preseason

Dash

vs Kings - 9 points (3-8), 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 3 turnovers in 22 minutes.

vs Celtics - 3 points (1-11 yikes!), 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, 1 turnover in 25 minutes.

vs Magic - 12 points (4-12), 5 rebounds, 1 turnover in 28 minutes.

vs Bucks - 10 points (3-8), 2 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 0 turnovers in 29 minutes.

Looked better out there last night but he seems to trying to do too much instead of playing within the offense.

he'll do better once tmac comes in. And of course, when he becomes more comfortable.

Repped.

He seems to be jacking up shots, maybe Artest and Ariza traded ghosts or something. Hopefully one T-Mac comes back he can play like he did for the Lakers.

Well if we use the logic people used on the Grizzlies this means he is going to suck all season since the preseason means everything and everything that happens in preseason translates to what will happen in the regular season.

• Owner

As said many times before, Ariza's play depended on Bryant and Gasol. Stick him on a team with lesser talent and superstardom (ex. the Knicks when he was in New York), and you'll find that he becomes less relevant because he's a better spot-up shooter than he is a primary or secondary scoring option.

Like others said before me, Ariza will be looking a lot better with Tracy on the floor IF he brings some of his passing ability from the 07-08 season. I still think he can be a top scoring option...going from a role player to the 'featured' player is huge change. Its going to be a while before he starts feeling comfortable though.

I'll say it straight up: Trevor Ariza's agent f***ed him. To ignore the Lakers and then watch as they bring in Ron Ron for about the same amount of money as your client...not right at all.

Ariza was the perfect fit for the Lakers, very versatile, no pressure, in a roleplayer positon. Now he's playing for an injury trodden Rockets' team that is looking at him to provide size and too much offense. You can argue that he will be better once McGrady is on the floor...but how much is McGrady is on the floor during a season?

^Ariza already has a ring, he came to Houston because he wanted to see how a good a player he can be as a primary option.

18 points (7-12), 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals.

Great game from him tonight.

I'll say it straight up: Trevor Ariza's agent f***ed him. To ignore the Lakers and then watch as they bring in Ron Ron for about the same amount of money as your client...not right at all.

Ariza was the perfect fit for the Lakers, very versatile, no pressure, in a roleplayer positon. Now he's playing for an injury trodden Rockets' team that is looking at him to provide size and too much offense. You can argue that he will be better once McGrady is on the floor...but how much is McGrady is on the floor during a season?

You might not know this but Artest has a horrible shot selection, the Lakers would have been better off with Ariza.

• 3 weeks later...

As said many times before, Ariza's play depended on Bryant and Gasol. Stick him on a team with lesser talent and superstardom (ex. the Knicks when he was in New York), and you'll find that he becomes less relevant because he's a better spot-up shooter than he is a primary or secondary scoring option.

Realstradamus.

• Owner

Ill be sure to quote this too when the Heat lose their first game :lol:

You need to stop taking stuff so seriously, lighten up brah.

This is you. This is all you ever do. Here's your description...you either:

1) Post something anti-religion, in a topic about it or about anything.

2) Post something anti-Lakers, especially after the Ron Artest signing.

3) Make racist comments to Mike (MainEv3nt).

4) Bait people and call them bandwagoners for not supporting the closest team to their hometown, which is the absolute dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

5) Say, "My tv out..."

Truth is, OTR sucks because I've let this trash go on for too long, and as much as I have been trying to pull this place out of the gutter since before the hack, it's looking less and less possible as we hit under 500 posts every single day, reaching under 400 here and there, under 200 in the offseason, and there's no way in hell I'll go down with this site.

This is you. This is all you ever do. Here's your description...you either:

1) Post something anti-religion, in a topic about it or about anything.

2) Post something anti-Lakers, especially after the Ron Artest signing.

3) Make racist comments to Mike (MainEv3nt).

4) Bait people and call them bandwagoners for not supporting the closest team to their hometown, which is the absolute dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

5) Say, "My tv out..."

Truth is, OTR sucks because I've let this trash go on for too long, and as much as I have been trying to pull this place out of the gutter since before the hack, it's looking less and less possible as we hit under 500 posts every single day, reaching under 400 here and there, under 200 in the offseason, and there's no way in hell I'll go down with this site.

.....You honestly had to bring that up.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with Yugo's posts. Maybe it's just me, but having opinions against religion, a certain team, or a fanbase, and making jokes ("tv out..")... I mean, what has he really done wrong? Maybe the occasional insult, like telling someone he thinks they are stupid, or the racist thing... (though I've never seen it). I don't see anything wrong with that even, though most people would disagree.

I have a hard time understanding why people shouldn't be allowed to say something just because somebody else doesn't like it. Really, it should be the other way around. If you don't like to hear something, don't listen or walk away if you have to, or don't read since we are on a message board. It's that simple. People take words and communication way too seriously..

I think I've said the same thing about kingfish's posts last summer.

Edited by Poe

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with Yugo's posts. Maybe it's just me, but having opinions against religion, a certain team, or a fanbase, and making jokes ("tv out..")... I mean, what has he really done wrong? Maybe the occasional insult, like telling someone he thinks they are stupid, or the racist thing... (though I've never seen it). I don't see anything wrong with that even, though most people would disagree.

I have a hard time understanding why people shouldn't be allowed to say something just because somebody else doesn't like it. Really, it should be the other way around. If you don't like to hear something, don't listen or walk away if you have to, or don't read since we are on a message board. It's that simple. People take words and communication way too seriously..

I think I've said the same thing about kingfish's posts last summer.

Im sure a majority of the board doesnt have a problem with my posting.

• Owner

I'll refrain from quoting you all over this board in hopes that people will actually stop being so blind to it. Otherwise, I'd go ahead and make a scene like I did with Alex's posts about the referees, only much worse.

In fact, hell, I don't care anymore. Do what you want. I'll have someone move those Gameday threads soon, and you guys can run your own ship here and see how long our members stick around with you saying what you want to them, since it's not a problem at all (as you obviously oversee everything on this board).

I'll refrain from quoting you all over this board in hopes that people will actually stop being so blind to it. Otherwise, I'd go ahead and make a scene like I did with Alex's posts about the referees, only much worse.

In fact, hell, I don't care anymore. Do what you want. I'll have someone move those Gameday threads soon, and you guys can run your own ship here and see how long our members stick around with you saying what you want to them, since it's not a problem at all (as you obviously oversee everything on this board).

No need for a knee-jerk reaction. People have never cared about how I post, most people actually like my posting, which is why I have the most rep on this site. Sure I make a joke here and there, but people find it more humorous than annoying. Plus I always spark debates anyway, and debates = more posts, you should be happy. We have no problem with how you run the site, you just need to easen up a bit, most people like this forum and dont want it to go in the trash.

• Owner

No need for a knee-jerk reaction. People have never cared about how I post, most people actually like my posting, which is why I have the most rep on this site. Sure I make a joke here and there, but people find it more humorous than annoying. Plus I always spark debates anyway, and debates = more posts, you should be happy. We have no problem with how you run the site, you just need to easen up a bit, most people like this forum and dont want it to go in the trash.

Out of everyone with 5 or more rep points, you have the least amount of members repping you. All of your reps come from the same 3-4 people, according to the database. Congrats.

If most people like this message board, they sure aren't showing it. Activity is down, morale is down, people are leaving, and you're boasting about your rep.

Out of everyone with 5 or more rep points, you have the least amount of members repping you. All of your reps come from the same 3-4 people, according to the database. Congrats.

If most people like this message board, they sure aren't showing it. Activity is down, morale is down, people are leaving, and you're boasting about your rep.

lol, 3-4 people? I doubt those people would rep me 20+ times. People do like this message board, you have to be kidding. You have 100 members log on a day and im sure since the season has started we have had to at least have had 400 posts a day.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan