Some Sixer Predictions by Diesel

Diesel

-Andre Iguodala has another slow start. I am anticipating a low shooting percentage, low PPG, and high TPG. He has looked really sloppy in the preseason from the games that I've seen and I still don't think he can play the two-guard.

-Elton Brand returns and has averages of around 18/11 and is back in form. He has looked good IMO.

-Speights ends up taking the starter spot from Dalembert sometime during the season.

-Speights ends up taking the starter spot from Dalembert sometime during the season.

That would be awesome but will the Sixers really be willing to put his contract on the bench? I think if any of us were in the organization, his [expletive] would have been benched sometime last season. I honestly don't know how the Sixers are with these types of things.

• Owner

Is Speights really able to play the five, though? I guess it's no different than having Emeka play center in New Orleans. Both are undersized at the position, but both have the strength to hold their man.

Dalembert just needs tossed aside. His IQ seems to have hit rock bottom, and he doesn't even defend the paint as much as he used to (and even then, I've always seen him as overrated).

Dalembert can be a good player when he wants to be. Not last year, but two years ago he was a very good player for the Sixers and his impact was huge on the defensive end. If he can get back to that level he will keep his starting role, but I just don't think he can. I also don't think he would respond well to being benched for Speights and that would just hurt his morale even more. Speights is probably more useful off the bench than Dalembert. I think the move is bound to happen though mid season.

And during last year Dalembert was technically still the starter , but he was down to playing about 20 MPG in the playoffs and the end of the year. Theo Ratliff was playing almost the same amount of minutes at the end of the year As Dalembert. I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar happen if he doesn't play like he did in 07-08.

Is Speights really able to play the five, though? I guess it's no different than having Emeka play center in New Orleans. Both are undersized at the position, but both have the strength to hold their man

Yeah, he's capable. Just wouldn't trust him in defending opposing fives(kind of like Amare to an extent, obviously not as good though lol.)

Brand has looked horrible in my opinion...he has absolutely no explosiveness.

Iguodala has looked pretty good to me, his jumper is getting there and I also like his passing. He said a lot of the turnovers in the preseason games were something that Jason Kidd taught him to do, pass it even when a teammate is not there to show them where they should be.