Chad Ochocinco and Motorola prevent blackout

Lkr

CINCINNATI -- The Bengals avoided a local television blackout for their game against the Houston Texans -- with an assist from Motorola and receiver Chad Ochocinco.

The club announced on Friday that it had sold enough tickets for Sunday's game to keep its streak intact. The past 46 Bengals games have been shown on local television.

More than 3,000 tickets remained on Thursday, when the club got a one-day extension from the NFL for avoiding a blackout.

Motorola, which is a longtime Bengals sponsor and has a partnership with Ochocinco, bought 1,200 tickets and will give them away Saturday -- with the receiver's help -- at Paul Brown Stadium.

The Bengals (4-1) have won four in a row and are in sole possession of first place in the AFC North.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4565841

Chad Ochocinco is a class act. He receives too much crap for enjoying the game

I love Chad. The NFL needs more players like him to be honest. He clearly likes playing the game and isn't afraid to show it. Really glad to see him step up like this, not only for the 1,000 fans receiving tickets but also the thousands that can now watch the game on TV.

P.S. I actually enjoyed his Lambeau Leap (if I'm allowed to say that). :unsure:

I love Chad. The NFL needs more players like him to be honest. He clearly likes playing the game and isn't afraid to show it. Really glad to see him step up like this, not only for the 1,000 fans receiving tickets but also the thousands that can now watch the game on TV.

P.S. I actually enjoyed his Lambeau Leap (if I'm allowed to say that). :unsure:

I enjoyed it too. I also thought it was cool how he bought those fans those great seats just for it.