Changes, Please Read

Real Deal

• Owner

The members that consistently mouth off to everyone on this site, that bait a fanbase almost every chance they get, they are going to get suspended or banned. Do some of you completely ignore the announcements? Do you not read anything?

If it doesn't slow down, I'm going to start tossing people left and right, and I will drop anyone and everyone from this site that wants to see how far they can get with their ridiculous posts and inappropriate comments. If OTR's activity drops significantly because of it, good. I'm paying the hosting, I'm working diligently to put out a product that promotes mature basketball discussion, and if there is anyone attempting to stand in my way of that, you will be pushed off to the side quicker than you ever imagined.

• Owner

I'm able to run the myspace and twitter one if needed. I know I'm new, but it's not like I wouldn't know how to work a myspace account, same with twitter.

The Twitter account already has someone on it (the other owner). The MySpace doesn't though, but I'll have to treat you like I do everyone else, give it some time and make sure you're active with us and willing to be dedicated to the site. I'm sure you are, but I have to play it fair for everyone else. :)

Thanks for raising your hand for the MySpace account. We need it. I'll get in touch with you sometime this month, possibly near the end.

• Owner

Mike (Epidemik) will be moving our Gameday topics from now on. If you aren't aware, all topics will be moved into the home team's forum, and we would like it if the topics had activity in them before they were moved, even one post, because otherwise, it falls to the back of the team forum and becomes invisible on the first page of topics.

Thanks for the help, Mike.

• Owner

11/2 - 439 posts

11/3 - 386 posts

11/4 - 345 posts

11/5 - 288 posts

11/6 - 322 posts

All-time lows, I'm sure. We've been through four full NBA seasons, half of the 2004-05 season...and this is terrible for us.

I don't know if it's going to take me having to go out and find multiple board affiliations and/or possible merges or what, but it's looking more and more like we need new members.

• 2 months later...
  • Owner

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/8772-carlos-boozer-vs-david-west/page__view__findpost__p__88825

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/8627-gilbert-arenas-vs-brandon-jennings/page__view__findpost__p__88830

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/8764-mo-williams-vs-russell-westbrook/page__view__findpost__p__88827

If people are having a difference of opinions, they are legit topics. You can read each of my replies on the subjects in the links above.

Now, if I need to go quote every single post from him, and then every single post from others starting [expletive] with him, I will. No non-staff member on this site has any say in whether a topic is legit or not. No one. I pick staff members to do that, not everyone else.

My registration page doesn't question your IQ when you sign up. Additionally, new members don't need the approval of anyone else when they register, unless I've turned admin approval on for all accounts. I've banned a few guys who I can say were definitely on the weaker side of many, many debates...but, for some reason, were favorites here because of the way they post, so let's not start giving lame excuses as to why you'd want a member banned.

My dedicated members will stay. Five years of this, and it's well-known that dedicated members endure. This isn't even an individual problem, though. This is a problem with acceptance, and there is nobody here that makes that decision other than me. You run this board, you pay for it, then you do it. If that's not the case, you're SOL.

If you want someone banned, and you're not on this staff, you better quote the guideline(s) being broken, provide examples of this (along with links), and prove that nobody is baiting that member into it. If the moderators have to do that, so do all of you.

I'm going to assume this won't be a problem anymore. In fact, I suggest that it isn't. Everyone involved needs to man up and get over it, stop throwing hissy fits, stop taking indirect shots at each other, stop posting ignorant and irrelevant posts, and stop causing trouble here. I don't have time for it, and I won't make time for it much longer.

He wasn't that bad this time. He just had too many haters, or just one that wouldn't stop.

Yeah I'll admit I pushed it a bit. I just couldn't stand the majority of his posts, but I'm done starting [expletive] with anyone for good now. Back to neutral posting for me. Sorry everyone.

• Owner

I'm done trying to add to the trouble, and I apologize for antagonizing a certain unnamed member. Won't happen again and I hope we can just move passed this.

You're suspended for five days, for a personal attack on his profile page that I had to delete, plus 2-3 other personal attacks across the forums.

• Owner

Odd timing on the suspension.

Nah, I just saw the profile comment. Clutch was banned for more than what was going on in that Mo/Westbrook topic...after I made my post in here, he was posting on Matt's profile.

I just did a simple search of all the posts and noticed that there were a few in profiles that were unnecessary, plus more on the forums (mainly from Matt). Both were suspended, but since Clutch was already banned before, that suspension was it for him.

Both were suspended, but since Clutch was already banned before, that suspension was it for him.

Not hard to see coming. The only reason PFG/Clutch/whatever came here and did that hastily-made apology topic was because he was recently banned from BTA, the site he had gone to after being banned from here...

Looks like he'll just have to find something else to occupy his time.