Changes, Please Read

Real Deal

• Owner

OTR is making some changes, and so will the community of posters. I ask that you please take the time to read this, because it's extremely important to the site.

1) It's time we start respecting everyone's opinions, dropping the personal attacks, and growing into mature posters once again. I've been letting things go lately, but as you can see, there are a few members who are successfully running off our solid contributors, and this will no longer happen. I've lost two posters in two days, with another having a foot out the door, and those three have given me names. Same group of people. Lengthy suspensions will be handed out if this continues, no exceptions.

2) andreusito has stepped down as a moderator and will resume his duties with the Youtube account. Due to work and school, Jammin has also stepped down. Therefore, Waldo is our new moderator, and he will patrol the forums with Smitty and Force. When activity picks up this season, I'll be looking for one more moderator, and you'll need to show that you're active as a poster, that you're mature, and you cannot have no prior suspensions.

3) I'm looking for someone to run our MySpace and possibly our Twitter accounts. You'll be asked to log in at least once every day or two and post a couple of bulletins or statuses concerning league news, linking back to OTR (possibly linking to a topic). You'll also need to recruit for each friends list, which isn't as difficult as it seems. You won't be responsible for any MySpace designs, as that is already covered. These positions will make you part of the staff, so your attitude and conduct on the forums will need to be exceptional.

4) Team Captain positions will not be available until our activity picks back up. All members should be focused on recruiting and posting in the first place. There shouldn't be a need for staff positions to do that.

5) Writers need to write, and members need to comment on those articles. For those that do write, our community has to realize that they put a lot of effort into what they contribute here, and it doesn't take much for a single comment, which could possibly lead into a debate, which we want.

----------

Almost every basketball-related message board I've been to is struggling with their basketball discussion. We need to change it. In my opinion, we have some of the most intelligent basketball minds. I don't understand why it's becoming a trend to see who can cause problems the quickest without getting banned, or who can run off others because of their difference of opinions. In the last 2-3 months, we have members who can dish it out, but don't like the taste of their own medicine. We have members who act hard and want to rebel, but don't realize that their OTR account is now on the line. We have those who want to discuss basketball, but feel like their efforts in doing so are demolished by members who would rather joke around and steer off-topic just to make the site fun for them. It's time we start thinking about us as a whole, and re-create what we had back in 2007 or 2008.

If we don't do that together, I'm not so confident that Aaron and Kyle will want their hand in anything done here, and if that day ever comes, that's the day I change my mind about this site, for good, as I have health issues that need tending to more than anything else, and financially, I'm putting out just enough to be able to set aside the cash for our hosting and our board updates. This is basically me saying it's gotta change, and it's not one of those typical announcements I put out in hopes to pick up activity.

The season is less than a week away. I hope people understand where I'm coming from.

We can do this guys. I've been trying to stay out of all that nonsense since it's pointless and doesn't help the site in any way. I'm surprised it's even going on since the majority of the people on the forum are 17 or older.

2) andreusito has stepped down as a moderator and will resume his duties with the Youtube account. Due to work and school, Jammin has also stepped down. Therefore, Waldo is our new moderator, and he will patrol the forums with Smitty and Force. When activity picks up this season, I'll be looking for one more moderator, and you'll need to show that you're active as a poster, that you're mature, and you cannot have no prior suspensions.

Am I eligible?