Overrated Players

MiamiSolja7

LT

Tony Romo

Terrell Owens

Braylon Edwards

Ben Roethlisberger

Ben, if overrated, is nowhere near as bad as these guys. Ben does lead the league in passing and has 2 titles.

I dont get why some of the guys listed are even listed, should give some reasons.

Here are the ones i'm questioning.

LT-LT was never overrated, alot of people saw his demise coming, RB's decline in their 30's, and LT is no different, it doesnt take away from the fact that 2 years ago he was the best in football. Injuries also account for slowing him down. Where has he been overrated this season?

TO-Same as LT, dude is 35. and playing in an offense with a trash QB doesnt help. You can't expect him to produce in that situation. IE-Steve Smith+Jake Delhomo=Fail.

Randy Moss-Uhhhhhh, wut? Is he not still producing at an All Pro level? Does he not still put up stats a HOF WR would put up? Did he not get 1k yards and 11 TD's even without Brady last year? Please enlighten me.

Steve Smith(Car)-See TO

Westbrook-Umm wut? Dude gets you 1k yards, 6-7 TD's, 60 receptions, 500-600 yards receiving consistently over the course of his career along with 4-5 TD's, and a total of 10-12 TD's total EACH year and he's overrated. He's been injured this year, gimme a break.

Edited by Celtics3420
  • Like 1

Please 1 person explain how Tony Romo is over rated rather than just typing Romo and [expletive]ing out. No analyst rates him as a top 5 QB yet he has the 2nd highest career passing rating out of any active QB and 2nd highest career winning %. Pathetic, all of you.

Edited by Fish7718

tony romo = overrated :P

I dont get why some of the guys listed are even listed, should give some reasons.

LT-LT was never overrated, alot of people saw his demise coming, RB's decline in their 30's, and LT is no different, it doesnt take away from the fact that 2 years ago he was the best in football. Injuries also account for slowing him down. Where has he been overrated this season?

TO-Same as LT, dude is 35. and playing in an offense with a trash QB doesnt help. You can't expect him to produce in that situation. IE-Steve Smith+Jake Delhomo=Fail.

Randy Moss-Uhhhhhh, wut? Is he not still producing at an All Pro level? Does he not still put up stats a HOF WR would put up? Did he not get 1k yards and 11 TD's even without Brady last year? Please enlighten me.

Steve Smith(Car)-See TO

Westbrook-Umm wut? Dude gets you 1k yards, 6-7 TD's, 60 receptions, 500-600 yards receiving consistently over the course of his career along with 4-5 TD's, and a total of 10-12 TD's total EACH year and he's overrated. He's been injured this year, gimme a break.

i totally agree with all of these

except i dont think braylon is overrated. no one ever plays well on the browns. ill give him more time on the jets, and if he still doesnt do well and drops passes then ill consider him overrated

and eli manning is also overrated

Edited by fly3rs18

Please 1 person explain how Tony Romo is over rated rather than just typing Romo and [expletive]ing out. No analyst rates him as a top 5 QB yet he has the 2nd highest career passing rating out of any active QB and 2nd highest career winning %. Pathetic, all of you.

too bad he chokes in every big game he plays in. he not a top 5 qb you say. then you put those useless stats out there like that. what an oxymoron.

Ok let's look at his first 23 games, starting from when he took over for Bledsoe in the Giants game on MNF:

287 comp, 426 att, 67.4%, 3,654 yards, 8.57 ypa, 35 TDs, 14 INTs, 102.1 rating, 19-4 record as starter

Now let's look at his last 21 games, starting from the Philly game after they were 12-1 in 2007:

420 comp, 709 att, 59.2%, 5346 yards, 7.54 ypa, 33 TDs, 23 INTs, 84.9 rating, 12-9 record as starter

Hmmmm... his numbers aren't bad, but they're nowhere near the top of the league at this point, especially at this point in the season. I wouldn't say he's a bad QB, but from what some people are calling him, yes, he definitely is overrated.

As of now, he's on the borderline of top 10 qbs.

Steve Smith(Car)-See TO

Great post. LT is a top running back of all time, and just like all the other greats before him has declined.

Ok let's look at his first 23 games, starting from when he took over for Bledsoe in the Giants game on MNF:

287 comp, 426 att, 67.4%, 3,654 yards, 8.57 ypa, 35 TDs, 14 INTs, 102.1 rating, 19-4 record as starter

Now let's look at his last 21 games, starting from the Philly game after they were 12-1 in 2007:

420 comp, 709 att, 59.2%, 5346 yards, 7.54 ypa, 33 TDs, 23 INTs, 84.9 rating, 12-9 record as starter

Hmmmm... his numbers aren't bad, but they're nowhere near the top of the league at this point, especially at this point in the season. I wouldn't say he's a bad QB, but from what some people are calling him, yes, he definitely is overrated.

As of now, he's on the borderline of top 10 qbs.

and dont forget that he has had an amazing supporting cast. he has had guys like TO, witten, barber and a bunch of other very good weapons

Great post. LT is a top running back of all time, and just like all the other greats before him has declined.

lol lt a top running back of all time??

LT had a some great years, but hit the running back wall pretty hard. Its an insult to the legends to compare lt to the likes of barry sanders, walter payton, Jim Brown, ect.

Many running backs can have a good span of a few great seasons, just look at Sean Alexander or priest holmes.

Funny because Romo's 'very good' supporting cast was nothing with Bledsoe. He doesn't choke in big games either. He played good enough to win both of the playoff games he played in he just didn't win them. If you people actually watched him instead of making assumptions of talent and just going the old phrase "he chokes in big games" maybe you could make an accurate assumption of him.

LMAO, See 2007 Superbowl for further evidence.

Lol so one superbowl, that his defense won for him, and he's good? That is precisely why he is over rated. You want to talk about someone being the product of their supporting cast? Eli Manning. BTW see 2008 Divisional Championship round vs the Eagles for further evidence.

Lol so one superbowl, that his defense won for him, and he's good? That is precisely why he is over rated. You want to talk about someone being the product of their supporting cast? Eli Manning. BTW see 2008 Divisional Championship round vs the Eagles for further evidence.

Right...because the Giants scored on a defensive play on their last score against the Pats. :rolleyes:

Because you honestly expected the giants or any other team in th nfl to wina shootout vs the greatest offense of all time. get real. Eli won that game as much as the Giants D.

Edited by MiamiSolja7

What're you trying to say?

You just praised the defense twice.

the guy is trying to discredit eli. saying he didnt win the superbowl the Defense did. yes The D did play a big part. But what did he want eli to do, outscore the pats offense. Eli played a great game in the superbowl, football is a team sport, but if it wasnt for him and his amazing plays in the 4th quarter, the giants don't win that game.

Because you honestly expected the giants or any other team in th nfl to wina shootout vs the greatest offense of all time. get real. Eli won that game as much as the Giants D.

absolutely not. the giants D held the best offense ever to 14 points. they won the game and they deserved the MVP. eli did the minimum that he had to and nothing more