LeBron still needs help

Yes I will base my opinion off of the first two games of the season. I've watched both games, and that was enough to generate a legitimate opinion. When your best player scores nearly 40 and a triple double in two games, you know somethings wrong.

And don't put words in my mouth saying that my opinion of these two games is defining the whole season, I firmly believe the Cavs can be a top 3 team in the East.

And in the offense Mike Brown supposedly runs, what is there to adjust to? Shaq is fit for this offense, he has his kick out shooters, he is the big man in the paint, and he has his dominant wing, just like in LA. So no, you're completely wrong, there is no adjusting to this offense. When he came to PHX, he had to adjust to a completely new system, but in Cleveland, there is no offense, it's a 1 man show.

What? LBJ never played with a real Center ever? Big deal. What in the world is that supposed to mean? If anything, that gives him more opportunities to score, especially someone as dominant as Shaq. As a ball player myself, if there's one thing you realize when you play with new upgraded players, it's that you get more chances to win, and more chances to score.

• Owner

LeBron has an all-star point guard for a teammate, along with a plethora of shooters and very good team defense, a 17+ PPG scorer in Shaq, another big that can give him 14-15 a night if he's playing big minutes, and a defensive-minded coach.

That's almost as much as Allen Iverson had in 2001 on defense, much more on offense.

LeBron has an all-star point guard for a teammate, along with a plethora of shooters and very good team defense, a 17+ PPG scorer in Shaq, another big that can give him 14-15 a night if he's playing big minutes, and a defensive-minded coach.

That's almost as much as Allen Iverson had in 2001 on defense, much more on offense.

Showing stats from last season is one thing, maybe I'm confused by your post, but it seems like your supporting Cleveland's cast around LBJ and think it's enough for Bron. In that case, I don't see how you could be thinking that way after the first two games of the season.

Oh jeez because playing with a center like Shaq is so hard to do. Dwyane didn't have too much trouble doing it.

Offense isn't even the problem with this team. Its the defense.

lol what? Their defense is great....

Showing stats from last season is one thing, maybe I'm confused by your post, but it seems like your supporting Cleveland's cast around LBJ and think it's enough for Bron. In that case, I don't see how you could be thinking that way after the first two games of the season.

lol what? Their defense is great....

I should have specified. Their pick and roll defense is what sucks.

lebron is fine. 3 players on that cleveland roster were allstars last year. with two allstars they got to the conference finals and got the best record in the league. now they've added one more, plus some decent role players.

and you want to talk about the first few games? looks like kobe and lebron will be in an intense fight this year. a fight for who's team can get the 1st overall pick. -_-

its a long season... cleveland are fine.

• Like 1

lebron is fine. 3 players on that cleveland roster were allstars last year. with two allstars they got to the conference finals and got the best record in the league. now they've added one more, plus some decent role players.

and you want to talk about the first few games? looks like kobe and lebron will be in an intense fight this year. a fight for who's team can get the 1st overall pick. -_-

its a long season... cleveland are fine.

+1......amazing how 2 all stars and still people think LeBron is on this by himself.

+1......amazing how 2 all stars and still people think LeBron is on this by himself.

And it's amazing how people can rate someone based on if they made the All Star Game or not... The ASG is a joke, Mo Williams is a joke and shouldn't even have made the team.

So Shaq didn't deserve to make the all-star team? And you don't think he's a top 5 center and is dominant still?

All-star or not, Mo Williams is a damn good point guard. Last year he was the key acquisition and we go from 45 to 66 wins so he must've done something I assume....

Look at the team the Cavs made the finals with. Z was better, but besides that, look at the upgrades.

07 Finals roster vs. Current roster

- Mo Williams or an old Eric Snow?

- Delonte West/Anthony Parker or an inconsistent Larry Hughes?

- I'll give you Drew Gooden was good, but with Mo adding so much more scoring than Eric Snow, Anderson Verajao provides so much defensive activity to make up for that, as if he hasn't improved enough offensively...his chemistry with LeBron is savvy too

- Z and no backup centers? Or Z and Shaq alternating each providing a different type of play?

- A bench of a rookie in Daniel Gibson, a younger Verajao, and a sloppy and shoot-first Sasha Pavlovic and...exactly no one else, or a bench of a more experienced Daniel Gibson, Parker or West, Z (a top 5 center as it is), JJ Hickson, Jamario Moon, and Leon Powe soon

Across the board, our team went from an average team to elite with the addition of Mo. Now with Shaq, who proved he can still have monster games in Phoenix last year, Moon and Parker who provide much more length for the Cavs, as well as Powe, who will add so much needed defensive intensity and smash mouth rebounding, the Cavs have maintained their elite team.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Way to go totally off topic...Where did I speak about Shaq? I was the first to admit that the acquisition of Shaq was not overrated, but now I'm starting to think it is. Not only is he not able to more than 30 minutes, he completely slows down the defense. yes, he gives cleveland another scorer in the paint, but at what cost? Ruining your defensive strategy? Making Mike Browns job on the offensive end even worse, when he is a horrid coach to begin with?

And it's laughable to even say Powe brings defensive intensity. I watched him throughout his career in Boston he's everything but that. Stop overrating your players, Anthony Parker played nearly 40 minutes in the season opener and scored 11 points, he isn't a great pick up at all. Jamario Moon is just a bad basketball player in general, his best attribute is defense, and he's just exceptional on that end of the court.

And I still do not know why you wasted your time bringing up the 2007 squad, that team was not elite at all, nor were they something to even mention in this topic.

And when you questioned me about my thoughts on Shaq being a top 5 Center, I didn't know if you were serious or not. Is it that big of a deal anyways? When you have guys like Perkins being mentioned in the top 10 Centers currently, you know the big men in the league are horrible. shaq is 34 years old (correct me if I'm wrong), easily fatigued, an average defender, and a good post presence. Big deal.

Mo Williams is the most overrated PG in the league today. Not only is he a choke artist, he did not "develop" at all during his first season in Cleveland. He is the same player I saw in Milwaukee, except with a much smaller role now. He doesn't show up in late game situations, he feeds off of LBJ double teams, he is extremely inconsistent, he is an average playmaker and a solid passer, and is a horrid defender, yet you manage to say he is a "damn good point guard." I don't know how you come up with that erroneous statement, but I guess that's what I've come to expect nowadays.

Shaq's actually 37...I know...it sounds really old.

Mo Williams is a choke artist? He's only been in two post seasons. The only notable one, last year, he was bad in one series. Give him a few more post seasons before he can be officially deemed a choke artist. Mo improved substantially in his defense last year due to being in Mike Brown's defense-first system. Mo is the first legit second option in the LeBron era, and he proved that as we won 21 more games last year.

And Shaq averaged upwards of 17 points last year. A center who averaged 17 points and was 2nd team all-NBA along with a center who shot over 40% from the 3 last year. That's some good variation in tricking the D.

Anthony Parker is shooting over 50 % from the 3. He scored 11 in the opener. So what? It's the opener anyways. Did he need a triple double to impress you?

Again, you are basing your impressions off the first week. The Cavs already look better with two straight handled wins. Who cares who they faced. They didn't make the schedule. A win is a win.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest