Larry Johnson SUSPENDED

Mentch

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, who made two gay slurs within a 24-hour period, was given what amounts to a one-game suspension Wednesday night, but Johnson's agent said he would appeal.

Agent Peter Schaffer said the game check and other lost revenue would amount to about a penalty of about $600,000 for the former two-time Pro Bowl player.

AFC West blog

ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

In a three-sentence release, the Chiefs said Johnson would be suspended until Monday, Nov. 9 for conduct detrimental to the team. The Chiefs are on their bye week and will not play again until traveling to Jacksonville on Nov. 8.

• Owner

He won't get traded, he's going to get waived. The Chiefs are trying to find something in the rules that allows the waive because of the recent suspensions, or something...don't remember how it goes. They had a huge segment about it on the radio.

I know my football, but I don't know it that deep. Is there anything like that?

If he does end up getting waived, who do guys think will pick him up if anyone? I don't know of many teams that need a RB so it'll be interesting.

Pretty sure NE will take a long hard look at picking him up for this season. We're RB depleted, and with the guys/coaching staff here, his attitude will be in check given the talent level around him. Laurence Maroney had been nice, but i doubt he'll keep up his current level of play.

Even if we dont, I'm sure there are a few teams that could use a starting HB.