Who gets the ball near the end of the game?

Real Deal

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Take your pick. Consider the defensive attention each player draws, and where each will be on the floor as well.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, you're on the road. You can take the two and tie, or win it all with a three.

I would go with Turkoglu. He's a mismatch for almost any defender, and is a good playmaker from the wing. He can drive, dish, and shoot, making him a big weapon. I don't like the idea of giving it to a big man and letting him go to work, but Bosh would be a very good second choice.

Run a two man game with Bosh and Turkoglu. Put the ball in Turkoglu's hands and have Bosh come up and set a screen and either pop or roll to the hoop (depending on how the defense plays it). Then trust that Turkoglu will make the right decision. Have shooters like Andrea Bargnani, Jose Calderon and Marco Belinelli space the floor and open things up for Bosh or Turkoglu to drive. If the defense doubles Turkoglu or Bosh, kick it out and hope that you can swing the ball around the horn faster than the defense is able to rotate.

But yeah, I think that the Raptors should run a two man game with Turkoglu and Bosh while having shooters space out the floor to open things up for them.

If somebody like Bargnani, Calderon, or maybe even Belinelli are having a fantastic game though, try and put the ball in one of their hands (use Bargnani in a screen and roll situation instead of Bosh).

Edited by Built Ford Tough

• 2 weeks later...

Turkoglu should have the ball at the start, middle and end of every game. He can do so much more with it than Jose plus he isn't afraid to push the ball. Jose is solid but Hedo can turn nothing into something, Jose just does what he does and rarely does anything outside his comfort zone. He pulls the ball out when he is on the fastbreak it is so frustrating.