The Len Bias story

I watched the documentary on ESPN's 30 for 30 series. I never heard of him or what happened to him before but it's one of the more chilling stories I have ever heard in sports. Just strange thinking how a guy with a whole life and NBA career in front of him destroys it in one night. I'm surprised I haven't heard of this untill now to.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, Len Bias was an All-American at Maryland and was selected with the No. 2 pick of the draft by the Celtics. 48 hours after being selected, Bias was celebrating with his friends and overdoses on cocaine, has a seizure, and dies.

I recommend watching the documentary because they'll put it on at least one more time this week. It was very nicely done.

I saw parts of the documentary, very sad stuff. I never knew all the details until I watched it.

And ECN, he wasn't just supposed to be the next Michael Jordan, he was supposed to be another Jordan playing against Jordan! They come from the same era and played against each other in college.