"LeBron James in Miami is not a crazy idea"

Flash

Lol at you thinking role players are good core pieces. Half your roster consists of 12th man type of players.

Sorry but you can't be competitive without stars, that is just how it is. The Heat have nothing to offer for stars besides Beasley, their biggest asset right now besides maybe Beasley and obviously Wade, is potential cap space which is pretty bad.

There is a reason most your roster is considered overpaid or are on minimum contracts, lol.

Since when if the NBA 3-point champ considered a 12th man? Cook, Dorrell, Haslem, James Jones and even Joel would be more than a 12th man on the Raptors.

This team filled with 12th men and rookie around one player was good enough to be the 5th seed in the playoffs last year while the Raptors were sitting at home with their star thinking if he even wanted to stay there.

So don't come here and start talking smack about our team having no talent and being a bunch of scrubs when your squad can't even make the playoffs.

Because you don't even have a 'core' lol. You have Wade, what is going on with Beasley is he playing or what, he is your 2nd best scorer and he is getting benched in the 4th, I don't watch the Heat but this kid is a stud and should be getting minutes IMO and getting plays run for him.

Who is even in this team's long term plans? Wade and who else? Cook? Haslem? Chalmers? All these guys are 2nd rate starters, your entire future is up in the air with whether or not Wade re-signs and whether or not you can land another big name in free agency next year.

You can't expect to build a championship team through free agency, unless you get really lucky and land the king. Your roster is just ugly, it is a shame Dwyane Wade is being forced to play with guys like Quentin Richardson, Jermaine O'Neal, Udonis Haslem as his secondary scorers.

At least the Raptors went out and put actual talent around Bosh this off-season, Riley just stood pat because he won't do anything unless he knows Wade is in long term. And even though the Heat might do better, that is not a result of your roster, that is a result of just how fantastic Wade is.

Our "core" is obviously doing something right when they're making the playoffs. Like Poe said, Beasley's minutes depend on his defense. Spo doesn't mess around with Beasley and much like Riley would do he'll sit him if he isn't playing defense.

In a year like 2010 with all the potential free agents, yes, a contender can be built easily. Our long term plans include Wade, another superstar, Beasley, Chalmers, Cook and hopefully Udonis, Dorrell and Joel Anthony.

Wade lobbied for Q to come to Miami because they are best friends. Wade, Dorrell and Q are all extremely close. Jermaine O'Neal is playing exceptional right now so I don't think Wade is being "forced" to play with anyone.

One player doesn't make an entire roster. It takes a team with good chemistry, a good foundation and consistency to win which is what the Heat has right now and will only improve after free agency this summer.

Riley did the right thing. Are you really going to question Pat Riley as a GM? I think his resume speaks for itself. Why waste your money on two overrated players in Boozer and Stoudemire when in 2010 you can land either Bosh or LeBron and keep Wade.

• Like 1

Is Bosh, Wade, and Lebron possible? I heard on the radio that they would all be willing to take less money to play together.

Here is the problem though, we drafted Beasley for offense and he would be completely lost in this mix unless he came off the bench. Chalmers would fit in perfect because he only shoots a couple of times a game and he mainly plays defense. Anyone else see that possibility?

Not possible. They would have to take shorter deals with an opt out clause which would end up in them losing out on a potential 50-60 million dollars. Not happening.

I'll be happy with either one honestly because either one turns us into a legit contender especially in the East.

NBA Champions. All the old veterans would go there.

I agree. +1

As exciting as it sounds that Miami could have a slight possibility at getting LeBron in the next offseason, at this point I still think he is just as unlikely to go to the Heat as any other team in the league. For now, we can only wait and see.

I agree. +1

As exciting as it sounds that Miami could have a slight possibility at getting LeBron in the next offseason, at this point I still think he is just as unlikely to go to the Heat as any other team in the league. For now, we can only wait and see.

Agreed. I'm not getting my hopes up at all here. I think Bosh is the more realistic option here but we'll just wait and see. I wouldn't put anything past Riles.

The same thing could happen with Wade and LeBron playing in Cleveland along with Shaq and Mo.....if they take a lower pay I guarantee Shaq, D-Wade, and LeBron will win a title. Same w/Bosh, Mo, Shaq, and LeBron.

I hate to say it..but if Cleveland isn't in the Finals this year, LeBron is gone and why would Wade leave a big market city in a prime location like Miami to go play with an old Shaq and Mr. Playoff Disappearing Act himself?

The bring in 2 stars thing will never happen. You think in today's economy these guys are going to let 50-60 million dollars get away? I think not.

I don't think any championship is automatic, but in no way can you rule out a Wade and LeBron duo. Two huge driving threats with recently increased shooting range, both willing passers, and both capable of scoring 50 on any given night... That would be a scary [expletive] duo, no matter who the supporting cast is.

It's a possibility, but I'm not counting on it to happen. There are good arguments for LeBron to wind up anywhere.

hell naw Kobe and Ron would shut both them down. Then Pau will go ape [expletive] on whoever you have in the post. Bring em on.

hell naw Kobe and Ron would shut both them down. Then Pau will go ape [expletive] on whoever you have in the post. Bring em on.

Haha. I didn't say it was a guaranteed championship either, and I'm not even banking on LeBron coming to Miami. The odds of him coming to Miami are still very slim.

If he did actually come though, with everyone healthy I'm sure we could count on a Heat-Laker Finals, and it would be a damn good series.

I actually bashed Smits for his inability to defend Shaq, and again, Jermaine won't be on the team if the Heat get LeBron James. I doubt Cleveland will let him walk if in fact he does tell them he's gone, and they sure as hell won't let him walk to another East playoff team.

Even offensively Smits was nothing special. 12 PPG and 5 RPG. Udonis Haslem makes more of an impact on the game than that guy as would Beasley in a year. Jermaine has a chance to be back if he's willing to settle for MLE type salary.

Yeah, Kobe and Shaq won three. They also lost in the playoffs. I'm just not going to sit and call Wade and LeBron as good as the Jordan and Pippen duo.

And finally, I have no reason to hate, because LeBron is my second or third favorite player, and I actually like Wade a lot since he developed a jumper and stopped his flopping. Said this many times in the past.

IMO Kobe became a top 4 or 5 player in 2001. During 20001-2004 LA made it to the Finals 3/4 times, won the title 2/4 times. That is pretty good in a league with 30 teams.

Your reason to hate is because this duo would rape the Lakers just as every other team in the league. With Wade + LeBron both in their primes no other team would have a chance to stop them provided they have a cast such as O'Neal, Haslem, Beasley, Chalmers.

Why argue over some team winning a championship that would never happen to play together?

They just dont fit together. Both need the ball in their hands to do great, you cant have 2 superstars at the wing, its impossible.

Beasley at SF and LBJ at PF. :P

Why argue over some team winning a championship that would never happen to play together?

They just dont fit together. Both need the ball in their hands to do great, you cant have 2 superstars at the wing, its impossible.

MJ and Pippen.

Both of these guys would also be playing much better defense if they got put on the same team. Their teams wouldn't be relying soley on them to create offense when their in the game. They wouldn't be MJ or Pippen esque, but both guys would definitely be playing worthy to get on the All NBA Defensive team. We've seen their each capable of it in stretches.

Edited by Diesel

MJ and Pippen.

Both of these guys would also be playing much better defense if they got put on the same team. Their teams wouldn't be relying soley on them to create offense when their in the game. They wouldn't be MJ or Pippen esque, but both guys would definitely be playing worthy to get on the All NBA Defensive team.

MJ and Pippen are totally different players. It isnt the same at all.

Why argue over some team winning a championship that would never happen to play together? They just dont fit together. Both need the ball in their hands to do great, you cant have 2 superstars at the wing, its impossible.

Wade is great off the ball and I think it could definitely work. LeBron is such a great playmaker for his teammates as is Wade. I'd start Beasley at the 4 and bring in Udonis off the bench. The key would be Jermaine re-signing.

The one thing that some will have to realize though is that Wade won't be taking the back seat. While LeBron might be the more talented player, this is going to be Wade's team. This city loves Dwyane Wade more than any athlete in recent history. I think it'll be a lot like the Yankees when they aquired A Rod. No question he's better than Jeter but NY is Jeter's city.

Wait, LeBron take a backseat to Dwyane Wade? Come on now...

Which is why I'm hesitant to even call this a possibility. If he reall is all about winning then there's no better situation to come to next year because he's going to have a shot at winning for the next 6 years or however long his contract will be.

People close to Team USA were the ones who told Stein that Miami would be a real possibility this summer because of the way he played with Wade so yea Slaven I'm very serious.

Which is why I'm hesitant to even call this a possibility. If he reall is all about winning then there's no better situation to come to next year because he's going to have a shot at winning for the next 6 years or however long his contract will be.

People close to Team USA were the ones who told Stein that Miami would be a real possibility this summer because of the way he played with Wade so yea Slaven I'm very serious.

Nobody will take a paycut to play with another superstar, it hasnt happened before, hasnt happened now.

• Owner

Yeah Slaven, Miami would have the money for him...but Jermaine would have to take much less, they would have to drop either Q-Rich or Haslem (or both, or re-sign one or both for MUCH less), find a way to keep Dorell Wright for cheap (or let him go), and sign minimums to fill the rest of the roster out.

I really don't think it'll happen.

Yeah Slaven, Miami would have the money for him...but Jermaine would have to take much less, they would have to drop either Q-Rich or Haslem (or both, or re-sign one or both for MUCH less), find a way to keep Dorell Wright for cheap (or let him go), and sign minimums to fill the rest of the roster out.

I really don't think it'll happen.

I'd say let Q-Rich go and keep UD, Dorell, Joel, and O'Neal if possible. Since Cook, Chalmers, and Beasley are pretty much guaranteed for next year, and considering the scenario of Wade and LeBron together, I think it would create a good defensive 9 man rotation. There is a solid back up for the 2-5 positions, and Wade, LeBron, and Wright can all fill in at the point.

I'd say let Q-Rich go and keep UD, Dorell, Joel, and O'Neal if possible. Since Cook, Chalmers, and Beasley are pretty much guaranteed for next year, and considering the scenario of Wade and LeBron together, I think it would create a good defensive 9 man rotation. There is a solid back up for the 2-5 positions, and Wade, LeBron, and Wright can all fill in at the point.

I agree with what you said and lets not forget that we have draft picks this year IIRC so maybe we use one on a backup PG or a big man.

I don't see this happening, I don't think the Heat have enough money to pay Lebron AND Dwyane...

Neither do I but we definitely have enough money for the both of them.

In the end I think its Bosh that ends up in Miami but thats just my opinion.

I agree with what you said and lets not forget that we have draft picks this year IIRC so maybe we use one on a backup PG or a big man.

I don't know much about the details of the draft picks, but if I were Riley, I would focus on a center with good size (preferably 7 feet) and much better role playing offensive abilities than Joel. I mean, if the Heat can land a legit defensive back up C would be awesome. It would sort of replace what Alonzo brought back in the championship days, but instead of replacing Shaq it's Jermaine, who is arguably better defensively than Shaq was.

A back up point guard wouldn't be as important, IMO, because the Heat would already have enough players in other positions who have enough versatility to play the point if needed. If the Heat do manage to get LeBron on the team, then they would probably gain interest from a veteran PG, anyway, and possibly for a minimum deal like they did with Gary Payton.