Rumor: Giguere to Toronto for Toskala

Warren2ThaG

Rumor: Giguere to Toronto for Toskala

There are rumors that the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Anaheim Ducks are talking trade that will send Jean-Sebastien Giguere east with Vesa Toskala sent the other way.

Randy Youngman of the Orange County Register wrote the Maple Leafs want Giguere to mentor rookie Jonas Gustavsson. An added bonus for Giguere would be being re-united with his goaltending coach Francois Allaire. The Leafs would pick up Giguere's contract for the rest of this season and next, while Toskala would be headed the other way to finish out the rest of his remaining contract as he can become a UFA after this season. If the deal comes to fruition, it will increase the fantasy value of Jonas Hiller who will be the undisputed number one in Anaheim and lower the value of Giguere, who will back up Gustavsson in Toronto, unless Gustavsson slumps. Nov. 9 - 7:17 am et

---

http://ducks.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/08/whispers-heard-on-possible-giguere-trade/23069/

how does this make any sense for anaheim? besides cap space

I think that's pretty much it. Giguere had a pretty horrible contract for a guy sitting on the bench the majority of the time. Toskala's hit isn't a whole lot better, but it is a little bit of relief.

Edited by Phightins09

Whatever, wish we could land a set up man for Blake and Kessel. Jonas has been playing good and has all our wins I think, don't want to see him get yanked already.

My friend told me there was a Toskala+pick for Frolov type deal on the table I wish that could have gotten done if true lol.