Chances Steve Nash Wins MVP?

Sun Tzu

Chances Steve Nash Wins MVP?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It depends on far the Suns go this season, really. It'll be tough to win it over Kobe, Wade, Carmelo, and LeBron if he can get his team in shape. If the Suns can be a top 3 team out west, I'd say maybe...but otherwise, he won't have a chance.

If the Suns win the division over LA, I think Nash will be winning the MVP award. I don't think the Suns will keep this up though. They still have no defense and no depth on their bench. Steve Nash is old now and I don't know how his body will adjust to having to play 35+ minutes every night. Grant Hill another big contributor will also have a tough time getting his body ready for each and every game because of his age.

I don't think he has a shot really. The Suns chances of winning the division are insanely low even though they are off to a 6-1 start.

Oh jeez not this [expletive] again. Only way he will win MVP is to give back the previous two he dosnt deserve.

The second one is a question mark but the 1st is very deserving, you are blind if you think otherwise.

The logical answer is obviously unlikely, theres players out there like LeBron, Kobe, etc. no matter how much wins Suns get, the others will get more votes just because of their name.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

The second one is a question mark but the 1st is very deserving, you are blind if you think otherwise.

Shaq should've got it that year. Nash turned the Suns around, but O'Neal did the same thing with the Heat. Noone knew who guys like Udonis Haslem and Damon Jones were before that year and we see how Damon lost his place after Shaq left. Nash brought the best out of guys who already had talent such as Amare, Marion, Q-Rich, and Joe Johnson. Not bad options to pass the ball to for an assist. Not to mention Nash was absolutely pathetic on the defensive side of the ball. No point guard playing defense like that should ever win MVP.

Shaq should've got it that year. Nash turned the Suns around, but O'Neal did the same thing with the Heat. Noone knew who guys like Udonis Haslem and Damon Jones were before that year and we see how Damon lost his place after Shaq left. Nash brought the best out of guys who already had talent such as Amare, Marion, Q-Rich, and Joe Johnson. Not bad options to pass the ball to for an assist. Not to mention Nash was absolutely pathetic on the defensive side of the ball. No point guard playing defense like that should ever win MVP.

From 20 wins to 63?

I think thats enough to prove that Nash should have won it, Shaq turned them from a regular team to a contender, Nash turned them from a crappy lottery team to a playoff contender. The MVP is a regular season award, when Nash didnt play the Suns looked REALLY crappy even then too. If Shaq didnt play, the Heat still had Wade.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Nash wins MVP this year.

I'll be quoting this.

That's possible if the Suns can keep up their record. It's also possible that Joe Johnson can get it if the Hawks do the same, which I really doubt.

I hope Wade or Kobe get it, though. Wade, cause I thought he deserved it last year. And Kobe, because he deserves more than 1 MVP in his career.

Johnson isn't as important as Josh Smith is to that team. I mean that also. Horford has been on a slump recently and Josh has been grabbing every possible board for his team and scoring well too, not to mention he is leading the league in shot blocking once again.

If Suns win 60 and have the best record he will win MVP. I pretty much figure the best record will get the MVP, no one is putting up absurd stats. If Suns win 63 and Lakers win 62 Kobe would probably win, same with LeBron. Suns would probably need to be first in the league handily for him to win it.

He will definitely be in the discussion as long as the Suns are near the top of the conference.