Best team without Lebron?

kingfish

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People keep talking about how Lebron wont leave the Cavs cause he wants to contend and the Cavs are a contender. Im not sure thats true. If you take Lebron on the Cavs they are a bad team. Just look at the Knicks and Nets without Lebron. So I ask you, which of these teams is the best without Lebron on their team? Heres a comparsion of the teams, with a question mark at the SF spot because that is Lebrons position.

Cavs

Mo

Delonte

?

Varejao

Hickson?

I honestly dont think Shaq will be a Cavalier next year. Even if he is, still not a big deal as he doesnt make much an impact. Hes in the final year of his contract and the Cavs would let him expire cause hes making a ton.

Nets

Harris

Lee

?

Yi?

Lopez

Not all that much better then the Cavs, but at least its something to build around. I also feel the Nets would make another move for a PF, but I wont include that in the conversation because this just assuming the teams stay current.

Knicks

Duhon

Chandler?

?

Harrington

Lee

The Knicks have a pretty decent roster actually. Although several of their guys are expiring, im not sure which they would bring back. I think my vote goes to the Knicks because at least they are loaded with offense, problem is they coudnt D up a chair. I think Lebron needs a defensive team to be succesful.

• Owner

Well, the Nets have a lot of potential to be heavy favorites to get to the Finals with LeBron. Lopez is turning out to be a pretty good player, and Harris can be a top five point in the league, not to mention Lee having it easy (like he did in Orlando) and playing well, with CDR and Williams showing they can be contributors...I don't know.

I defintely think the Nets have the brightest and most attractive situation. Harris and Lee are as good if not better than the Cavs backcourt, and the Nets front court is one I'd much rather have mostly because of Brook. Also they have a high lotto pick coming in which you should include, the Knicks do not.

That situation in New Jersey/Brooklyn is too perfect for LBJ IMO. Devin Harris is a top PG, Brook is proving that he can be a consistent 20/10/2 guy, and Lee has shown that he can be a good role player. I'd rather someone else over Yi or whoever they have at PF cause those dudes are bench guys at best IMO. Pretty sure with the Lotto pick(they might as well continue losing), the can fill the void there. Honestly, if NJ/Brooklyn gets LBJ, they'd be a dynasty.

Keep in mind the Cavs are the only team with a bench virtually. And if you're gonna be accurate, you may as well put Shaq in center.

Casv are built for LeBron with guards who can shoot and spread the floor. Cavs spent years getting this team together. I find it hard to believe that putting him in NJ will turn a team around that drastically. LeBron with the current team in NJ would get them to the 2nd round at best for the next 3 years.

Keep in mind the Cavs are the only team with a bench virtually. And if you're gonna be accurate, you may as well put Shaq in center.

Casv are built for LeBron with guards who can shoot and spread the floor. Cavs spent years getting this team together. I find it hard to believe that putting him in NJ will turn a team around that drastically. LeBron with the current team in NJ would get them to the 2nd round at best for the next 3 years.

Theyre built for LBJ but it has yet to lead them to a ring. ECF appearances are nice, but im sure LBJ would rather rings(not saying going to NJ would guarantee one). To say NJ wouldn't have a bench is pretty ludicrous. They would be adding LBJ via FA w.out losing any pieces. CDR is doing pretty well as the starter so far not to mention T-Will improving, Alston if he stays, Simmons, the Draft pick, Yi(who was actually producing before he got injured), and thats just the bench. I'd be hard pressed to say a SL of Harris|Lee|Bron|PF(Lotto/FA)|Brook with that bench get eliminated in the 2nd round.

Remember, this is 2010, The C's window is closing( :( ), The Cavs would have lost LBJ, Orlando may still be good, but i believe this NJ team will be better. NJ would be the favorites out of the east if everyone were healthy all season(if they signed LBJ this off season) IMO.

Ahem...

Andre Miller - Steve Blake

Brandon Roy - Rudy Fernandez

LeBron James - Martell Webster

LaMarcus Aldridge - Travis Outlaw

Greg Oden - Joel Przybilla

Yeah, championship material right there. LeBron doesn't need money and we could just use the MLE on him to the max of it's capabilities.

(wakes up from dream)

Anyone think pipe dreams have infected heat fans?

No, tool. Just go back and look at the thread where most of us said we don't think it would happen. We just answered the question asked in this thread.

Do you get off on baiting and calling out other fanbases or something?

Well it is kind of annoying how people drag their own teams into discussions that aren't really involving that team. I try not to talk about the Raptors when it isn't in the question.

Also lol at the Cavs bench being an attractive asset, the Cavs roster is ugly. If I am LeBron, which I am not, I would be looking at New Jersey first and Miami second. I would only be staying in Cleveland out of guilt because I would be leaving them in a mess without a title. That city has nothing going for them if LeBron leaves. He would probably only go to Miami because of Wade but that team still needs some serious work especially in the PF/C spot.

Cleveland's Finest, no offense but you are a moron if you think the Cavaliers support is better than the Nets.

Harris+Brook+Top 5 pick is much more attractive than any other team capable of landing LeBron. That top 5 pick, like I've been saying could land an amazing piece to this team to complete it. Do you realize LeBron has been leading those terrible supporting cast Cavaliers teams to finals appearances and 2nd round appearances? Mo Williams is his second option for crying out loud, Harris is better than Mo and Brook is better than anyone else on the Cavs.

Don't you dare tell me that Z/Shaq-Andy-LeBron-Delonte (might be gone soon lol)-Mo is better than Brook-Top 5 pick traded potentially for star-LeBron-Lee-Harris with Yi as another trading piece. Also this Terrence Williams kid looks really good

Not only are the Nets younger, the skill level is also superior. I am pretty sure depth of a team isn't something LeBron is looking too far into when considering his new team anyways. I always thought NJ was a pipe dream for LeBron, but now I see it as the most likely/ideal. The Nets have done an amazing job getting ready for 2010,keep in mind on top of the Max they can give LeBron they can also give around a 7-10 million dollar deal, or use that space along with Yi's contract and they top 5 pick to trade for someone who is already an established star. Perhaps a sign and trade for Joe Johnson or someone, not sure he is worth a top 5 pick but just an example.

No, tool. Just go back and look at the thread where most of us said we don't think it would happen. We just answered the question asked in this thread.

Do you get off on baiting and calling out other fanbases or something?

Baiting? Im just saying that you guys have pipe dreams if you think you are getting LeBron, just stating facts.

Baiting? Im just saying that you guys have pipe dreams if you think you are getting LeBron, just stating facts.

Why? His other options are trash right now. New Jersey can't even win a game and people are playing that roster up like they're one guy away and we all know how horrific the Knicks are. If he wants to leave and have the best shot at winning Miami would make the most sense. He'd just have to make the sacrifice of sharing #1 duties with Dwyane.

Chris Broussard made a great point in his article yesterday about LeBron and the possibility of him coming to Miami.

I actually used to think such a pairing would be somewhat unfair to the rest of the league. You know, having two of the three best swingmen on earth playing together. But when I look at the aforementioned list of contenders, when I look at the fact that Kobe has a straight-up bulldog in Artest next to him, I wonder whether LeBron and Wade need to team up.