Nelson Leaves Curry Confused, Frustrated With Mysterious Lack Of PT

Legacy

While playing in the arena of the team that famously coveted him leading up to the 2009 NBA Draft, Stephen Curry played a career low two minutes and 35 seconds.

"This is as tired as I've ever been in my life," Curry said after the Warriors victory over the Knicks.

"It sucks. It sucks. You don't want to be sitting and watching, especially how the season has started," he said. "Hopefully, I won't get used to it, but we'll see what happens."

Coach Don Nelson hasn't addressed the subject with his rookie and avoided the topic with the media.

"This is the first game that I haven't used him, and he's got to understand that those other guys were playing great," Nelson said. "There will be plenty of time for him to play."

"They haven't told me that I'm doing anything wrong," Curry said. "I'll ask some questions, because I hate this feeling. I come in and work every day, try to learn and take practice seriously, so I've just got to keep doing that and be patient. ...

"I'll do it in a respectful way. I'll do it in a way that shows I'm willing to work harder if I need to or do something different if I need to. I'm not going to walk in and yell, 'Coach, why ain't you playing me?'"

Source

Something definitely needs to be done with Don Nelson. He just doesn't have the right mix of players to make this team win. He did before (Jackson, Davis, Richardson, Harrington, Monta) but now most of those guys are gone and what he's doing just isn't working at all. He needs to go.

I knew it was too good to be true when he said that Curry was going to start. He will be in the doghouse for a while. He'll play great in practice, but Nellie still won't play him. He'll play him more in the second half of the season, basically what he did with Randolph last season.

I think Curry might play more than Randolph did last season just because he's not a big man and he can actually shoot.

If you guys have been watching Warrior games lately, you could tell that Randolph is trying to shoot a lot more jumpers then he did last season. Some of them go in, but if they don't, they miss badly. I hope Nellie is gone soon, because Randolph and Curry could be two more players that have loads of talent, but don't show it off till they leave the Warriors.

Edited by Legacy

With a team like the Warriors, you HAVE to play your younger players to develop them. He obviously needs a team with more experience than the Warriors because he seems not quite sure of who to play. Play your players with loads of potential, get them better and in a year or two, they'll show you what they can do.

I'm glad he wasn't the coach of the Blazers, I can just see him benching Roy during his rookie and sophomore years as well as LaMarcus.