Bosh or Duncan

kingfish

Since it's for right now and the future doesnt account into it either, i'd take Duncan for his superior defense(by miles). I don't expect to see CB4 taking 14 free throws a game all year. Duncan gives you consistent offense and defense.

Why not?

Although I would take Duncan too it would simply be because of his track record and the guy is a winner. Even though Bosh is the best big man in the NBA right now.

Why not?

Although I would take Duncan too it would simply be because of his track record and the guy is a winner. Even though Bosh is the best big man in the NBA right now.

I think it's quite obvious why not. Even LBJ/Kobe/Wade dont take 14 FT's all year long. He'll end up right where he normally does, and that's at 8 a game.

Also, that's a pretty bold statement, i wouldn't say that. I'd still take KG, Dwight, Duncan, and a healthy Yao over Bosh. Maybe Dirk as well. If you're willing to take Duncan over Bosh yourself, then doesn't that contradict your own comment?

Don't get me wrong, Bosh is a top PF, but to say he's the best big in the league when there are guys you'd take over him is just silly. No one here is taking anyone over Kobe or Lebron at their respective positions.

I think it's quite obvious why not. Even LBJ/Kobe/Wade dont take 14 FT's all year long. He'll end up right where he normally does, and that's at 8 a game.

Also, that's a pretty bold statement, i wouldn't say that. I'd still take KG, Dwight, Duncan, and a healthy Yao over Bosh. Maybe Dirk as well. If you're willing to take Duncan over Bosh yourself, then doesn't that contradict your own comment?

Don't get me wrong, Bosh is a top PF, but to say he's the best big in the league when there are guys you'd take over him is just silly. No one here is taking anyone over Kobe or Lebron at their respective positions.

He averaged 8 in past years where he took primarily jump shots. Now he hardly is taking any jumpers, the first time I have seen him take more than 1 or 2 was last game against the Clippers in the first half, in the second half he took it back to the rim and finished with good numbers. I would not be surprised if he averaged 12 or so and was first in FTA.

Duncan easily. He's just better all around. They don't call him the big fundamental for nothing. And people forget that he's only 33. It's not that old for a big.

Damn what a young guy, Bill Russell is only 80, I wonder if he can average 30 rpg.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Duncan easily. He's just better all around. They don't call him the big fundamental for nothing. And people forget that he's only 33. It's not that old for a big.

Actually people say once you hit 32 typically players begin to decline, especially big men. That is when you start losing your legs and what not.

Actually people say once you hit 32 typically players begin to decline, especially big men. That is when you start losing your legs and what not.

Right, but compared to a guard in this league 33 isn't that old at all. I can see him already getting slower in defense, that's been in decline for a while. Otherwise, Duncan isn't known for his athleticism at all. He still is a threat and put him on PF then his defense isn't as much a liability as people think it would be(it isn't). Then you can compare his defense with CB's, who isn't exactly a monster on that side of the court, and you can see Duncan is still better defensively by a lot.

Offensively, Duncan is still very experienced, substantially smarter, and infinitely :blink: more skilled.

EDIT: I made it sound like the gap between the two offensively was big when really it's pretty close due to CB's athleticism.

Edited by GogglesNaproN

lol, Chris Bosh overall is a better talent and rebounder currently, do not know what you are talking about.

Well I know most real rocket fans don't want t-mac back. And No, Duncan is the better player now. Better talent? How so? Rebounder? Maybe so, then again he still gets out-muscled for the most part.

Most of what Bosh brings offensively are taken away by the fact that he gets really pushed around under the basket. Duncan's not as strong this season as he's been in the past (he's slimmed down a lot and was pushed around by Oden in their game against Portland) but he's still a very good interior defender and a great help defender. Sure he can't guard the perimeter real well, but neither can Bosh.

Offensively, Bosh has tended to see his game go south when his teams have needed him the most. Until he breaks that trend Duncan will always be the choice. I have zero confidence in Bosh dominating more than one playoff game in a series while Duncan can still turn in four or five exceptional efforts per series.