Final Fantasy XIII

fish7718

Game looks AWESOME, I never knew why people loved this series until like id say 4-5 years ago. I picked a up a 20 dollar copy of FFX with my Christmas money. Second best game I've ever played (Zelda: OOT #1). After making the transition from PS2 to X360 because I wanted to play online shooters with my friends rather than by myself I knew I was going to have to leave Square Enix behind and have to buy a PS3 to ever play these games. However with the announcement of it being release on 360, awesome. Sad PS3 can't even keep it's most loyal platform game anymore.

Anyway it comes out 3/10/2010 however I'll probably wait until summer '10 to buy it.

Final Fantasy graphics usually shine in the cut scenes and city areas..not really in a fighting sequence. I don't have money, but I am interested in getting this game at some point next summer.

• 2 months later...

Tell me the graphics don't impress you now, after watching this, this game is a very early favorite for game of the year.

Edit: BTW after watching this, no way am I waiting till summer to buy this

Edited by Fish7718
  • Like 1

Guest Nomar Fachix

I'm a huge FF fanboy, so I obviously can't wait for this to come out. But the early reviews from the imported Japanese version is that it is much more of a movie and less of a video game... cutscenes dominate the experience. A few fights between 20 minute cutscenes seems the popular opinion.

Though none of that matters when it'll be on my 1080p 40" Vizio/PS3. Mmmmm. Bring the glorious cutscenes.

Tell me the graphics don't impress you now, after watching this, this game is a very early favorite for game of the year.

Edit: BTW after watching this, no way am I waiting till summer to buy this

That is completely pre-rendered :lol:

Final Fantasy really lost its touch for me a while ago. I think X-2 was its death for me, I never even bothered with XII because I heard they changed the combat system. The gem of the series is FF XI

That is completely pre-rendered :lol:

Final Fantasy really lost its touch for me a while ago. I think X-2 was its death for me, I never even bothered with XII because I heard they changed the combat system. The gem of the series is FF XI

X-2 was terrible, such a disappointment, loved X though, I think it was the best IMO. I can careless about combat system, I was a huge fan of KH and that uses probably the same battle system.

I've been playing Final Fantasy ever since Mystic Quest. I must say that the development of the game is really fascinating. Ask me anything about Final Fantasy and I'm sure I can give you an answer or two. This is truly my favorite video game series, a close second would be Metal Gear.

I can't wait to play Final Fantasy XIII (but I don't have a PS3 yet waaaaahhhh!!)

I'd rather liked X-2, granted the story wasn't really good, but the combat was the gem of that game. It's one of my favorite FF combat systems, so much fun.

XIII looks good, but I'm not sure if I'll pick it up. I have a terrible habit of getting halfway through my Final Fantasies and just stopping. :(

VI, VIII, and X were my favorites.

I'd rather liked X-2, granted the story wasn't really good, but the combat was the gem of that game. It's one of my favorite FF combat systems, so much fun.

XIII looks good, but I'm not sure if I'll pick it up. I have a terrible habit of getting halfway through my Final Fantasies and just stopping. :(

VI, VIII, and X were my favorites.

Honestly I liked X-2 too, because watching Yuna, Rikku and Pain was really hot. I really liked Rikku...she was hot... :wub: :blush:

Well apparently some of the reviews say teh cgi gives even avatar a run for its money... That said I heard this game is long, pretty straight forward as most levels only have one or two paths to reach your destination. No real towns or places to explore, once you passed a level, you will never return to it. Not much replay value, nor would you want to replay it.

I can say that I own all the good final fantasy's and have never beat any of them. The one I almost beat was the one with the three girls and I couldn't beat the second to last boss, so yea screw that.

My favorites are 7,8, and 10.

I can say that I own all the good final fantasy's and have never beat any of them. The one I almost beat was the one with the three girls and I couldn't beat the second to last boss, so yea screw that.

My favorites are 7,8, and 10.

I've only owned 3 7,10,10-2. 10-2 is the one you are talking about. I beat the first two didnt care for X-2 at all.

I might give this a shot eventually. Really, the problem I had was that X was good, and then XI was an MMO and X2 sucked. So then they released XII and changed the whole combat system, so I haven't even played a Final Fantasy game since X

• 2 weeks later...

From what I've read, the story is actually crap and so are all the characters in the game except for Lightning. Too much whining, dumb drama and all that other stuff that will annoy the crap out of you. The gameplay and graphics on the other hand are spectacular especially the gameplay, which is by far the best we've ever seen in a FF game.

3 more weeks! :D

im a FF fanboy too. I was in love the first time i played FFVIII. then i went back and beat FFVII, gave up on FFIX and beat FFX. Then was bitterly dissapointed for FF12 cuz they [expletive]ed it all up. FFXIII looks effin amazing though

^Hold up, is the demo already out?

I have FF12 too, bought it for just a buck actually but I can't get myself to beat it.

the demo? i dont thnk so. i have ps3. the actual game will be out in like 2 weeks anyway though

• 3 weeks later...

Is entering the battles the same as 12 or the ones previous to 11? I didn't like how they changed it with 12.

Had to take a lil break. Nah it's different. It like combines the previous titles systems. Like you see the enemy and you can avoid them but they will charge and if they hit you or you hit them you will enter a battle and its like FFX where theres a pause and then it turns into battle mode. Look it up on IGN or youtube im sure someone has posted it by now. I like the battle system so far it seems basic but I can tell its going to get intensely complicated and fun :).