Final Fantasy XIII

fish7718

That didn't even cross my mind. -_-

Thanks and I'm assuming now that Snow is back, Hope is going to be 10x more annoying than usual.

Yup now you get to play with Hope and Snow for a bit and you meet Fang soon, the storyline starts to pick up more now too.

• 2 weeks later...

So how far are you guys? I don't like playing during school nights so I haven't picked this game up since last Sunday. Right now I'm where you have to fight Sazh's demon.

So how far are you guys? I don't like playing during school nights so I haven't picked this game up since last Sunday. Right now I'm where you have to fight Sazh's demon.

I haven't been able to play it much either, planning to finish it on Easter Break, I'm pretty much at the last set of bosses. The part you are at is pretty far.

I can't decide if I should pick this up or not. The fact that it hasn't lived up to its hype really put me off.

How would you compare this game to the other Final Fantasy games you've played?

I would say that it's a good game. I feel though that it should be played in many short segments rather than few long ones. The dungeons feel less restricting that way. Also, there isn't any minigame that can compare to the mini games from 10 and before. The story is good. The music isn't as good as others but is still good. The gameplay is pretty cool and original for an rpg. If you liked 12 i think you'll like it.

If i'm bored enough, I mite write a review about it since i just finished it.

I'm a 69% full clear on FFXIII so far, game is incredible. The end game is challenging enough to warrant a play through of somewhat "linearity". Every FFXIII was linear to some point, as far as "this is what you have to do, this is where you have to do it." Yes, you could explore the world map and get raped by the stronger enemies where you weren't supposed to be... But you had to do what you had to do to move the story along, regardless.

This game was/is gold, in my book.

I'm still on the same boss, too lazy to beat it right now because the boss battles are SO long. Too busy playing some of my older games atm (Persona series, Tales series, 2k10).

I never really wiped much against the bigger bosses, it was typically against those pain in the [expletive] group mobs and I was just trying to mash them out and refused to switch to a medic.

If anyone needs pointers on anything... hit me up... =) I have almost everything done in the game, need two more maxed weapons and a few more 5 star cie'th stone missions for a full clear.

Probably one of those summons those things are so annoying to beat.

Yep, its Sazh's and there is a long boss battle before the summon battle. I'm pretty sure I can beat it this time though.

I never really wiped much against the bigger bosses, it was typically against those pain in the [expletive] group mobs and I was just trying to mash them out and refused to switch to a medic.

If anyone needs pointers on anything... hit me up... =) I have almost everything done in the game, need two more maxed weapons and a few more 5 star cie'th stone missions for a full clear.

The most annoying enemy in the game are the damn frogs that summon more frogs, those [expletive]ers got me everytime.

The most annoying enemy in the game are the damn frogs that summon more frogs, those [expletive]ers got me everytime.

I HATED those things with a passion, I always changed the weather whenever I saw them. The enemies that keep healing each other with an annoying ambulance siren were just as bad.

The developer of FF13 wants to do a sequel.

Final Fantasy XIII masterminds Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama have stated that they'd be very interested in doing a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII, though they're waiting to see how well the current game does in the West before dreaming up a XIII-2.

"In the past three years we worked both on the world and on the various systems," says Kitase. "Creating these systems isn’t very glamorous and can frankly be a bit boring. If we could do a XIII-2, we could direct all our attention to the story and refine what we have already built."

That would be nice. It seems, with XIII, that they spent so long working on pretty colors and a battle system so inherently contrived that it needs to play itself for you, that they forgot what an RPG should be about -- the story. As for a possible Final Fantasy XV? Again, it all depends on how XIII does.

We do not know if there will be a XV. This depends a lot on the success of XIII. Also, it is difficult to pinpoint elements that are typical Final Fantasy. They are mostly invisible: part of the DNA of the game, that everyone recognizes as typical Final Fantasy. But ifthere is a XV, I hope the way we wrote our characters carries over. We strived to create believable people of flesh and blood. They are not robots. And they are not super heroes. I hope this humanity is something we will see again."

The trouble with your "real" characters though, is that they're simply not remarkable. I'd take a sentient cat puppet that rides on the back of a Moogle over characters that have nothing outstanding about their personality at all.

Link

I HATED those things with a passion, I always changed the weather whenever I saw them. The enemies that keep healing each other with an annoying ambulance siren were just as bad.

Yeah that was the first enemy in the game that I simply just ran right by, I even faught those huge lizards with the shells. Wait to you get to the next batch right before Vanilles summon which IMO is the hardest summon the beat, that's going to be a fun part of the game for you.

lol those frogs were [expletive]s. The healing [expletive]s were annoying too, with the sirens.

Is the one you're fighting the Brynhilder (sp?) guy? Try using some sab/syn before hitting with ravager spells galore.

Edited by Bounding and Astounding

lol those frogs were [expletive]s. The healing [expletive]s were annoying too, with the sirens.

Is the one you're fighting the Brynhilder (sp?) guy? Try using some sab/syn before hitting with ravager spells galore.

Yeah that is the guy who taught me the value of a good sab and syn now every battle I don't do anything until Hope or Sazh have casted Haste on everyone.