Iverson

Phightins

I was actually talking to Matt about this earlier. Hear me out...

I have been against bringing him back for the longest time, however recently I have thinking about it. At this point, what do the Sixers really have to lose? They suck right now, worst case is they bring in Iverson and still suck but they'd have some media attention and ticket sales to show for it. And if a miracle happens and he actually helps them out, well, imagine what a story that would be. Him ending his career here would be pretty cool too.

Anyway, probably pretty farfetched, but what does everybody think?

Iverson won't make a difference in sucky teams not sucking. The Sixers can suck with Iverson, or they can suck without him and not pick up bad habits from him.

Or, they can suck with him and actually sell tickets, which is why I thought of/mentioned this. I have a feeling Ed Snider at least ran the idea by Stefanski. He has to be scared to death by the attendance figures this year. Don't see it happening but I'd be willing to bet they are thinking about it.

• Owner

I already stated that they should look into it, but I guess it wasn't the popular decision to run with at that time.

Haha, I think I did it again just recently, in fact.

I'm aware that Williams is playing well, but play the two together on the floor, move Iggy to the small forward slot and play Young off the bench. That should give him a bigger role, as the leader of the second unit, and it's one step towards giving him starter quality time on the floor, because right now, he's struggling with his shot.

Or, they can suck with him and actually sell tickets, which is why I thought of/mentioned this. I have a feeling Ed Snider at least ran the idea by Stefanski. He has to be scared to death by the attendance figures this year. Don't see it happening but I'd be willing to bet they are thinking about it.

You know what sells tickets? Winning games. If Philly is scared to death of attendance figures, they should've kept Andre Miller. What's the point of using an over-the-hill star to sell tickets? Is it working with Elton Brand?

Ya, when we had AI and the team had a bad record the seats were still packed.

There is no one on the team of that caliber.

I went Friday it was pathetic. I dont plan on going again for a very long time.

It looked like a Phantoms game. lol

You know what sells tickets? Winning games. If Philly is scared to death of attendance figures, they should've kept Andre Miller. What's the point of using an over-the-hill star to sell tickets? Is it working with Elton Brand?

Just an FYI, they had serious attendance problems last year as well (with Andre Miller). They won a decent amount and got into the playoffs as the 6th seed, and still nobody cared. Didn't even come close to selling out the postseason games. I have been going to Sixers games frequently for several years now. When we had Iverson, the building was sold out regularly even during the down years, and that changed dramatically the day he was traded. He is an icon. Even though he is currently a shell of his former self, people will go to the games to see him should he come back here.