Spurs no longer elite?

kingfish

They have had a lot of injuries but they are still playing very poorly, even when healthy they have not clicked. It seems they are worried more about limiting the minutes of their stars rather then winning, which is kinda stupid because they are not guaranteed a playoff spot by any means. They dont look scary any more.

• Owner

San Antonio has to limit the minutes of Duncan and other players for the first part of the season. Usually, you won't see any of them playing over 35 minutes a game anyways.

06-07 Season (Champions)

Duncan - 34.1 MPG

Parker - 32.5 MPG

Ginobili - 27.5 MPG

Bowen - 30.0 MPG

Finley - 22.2 MPG

Barry - 21.7 MPG

Without looking, I'm sure Jefferson is leading in minutes. Duncan and Parker are probably down from year's past, because of injuries and age, but they'll find their way back up that ladder in the second half of the year.

I still believe that the Spurs have what it takes to make it to the Finals. They added RJ and McDyess to an already great team this offseason. Look for more of George Hill even with Tony Parker coming back.

This team has in my opinion one of if not the best bench in the land, and it will come down to them to help this team in the playoffs.

Bench:

PG- George Hill

SG- Michael Finley

SF- Roger Mason

PF- Matt Bonner

C- D. Blair

11th man- Bogans.

This team is legit, and will continue to be that way until Pop leaves.

Umm you cant just say wel have one good half of a season and be a contender. The West is too tough. If the Spurs dont get their act together now they will end up as a 5-8 seed at best.

That doesn't matter to them. If they end up that low, I feel sorry for the high ranking team that has to play them first round.

They're very inconsistent at the moment in how they player. I feel like they're still trying to find out what kind of the team they're going to be with all the new additions. It feels like a completely different Spurs team than anything they've put on the court before.

Back to the inconsistency, one moment, they can win against the Mavericks by 9 sporting a lineup of Blair, Bogans, Hill, Jefferson and McDyess and the next night they lose against the Sonics with Tim Duncan and Tony Parker back in the rotation. I'm not exactly sure what the problem seems to be, but the new guys mesh well amongst each other but surprisingly not with the Spurs core of Parker, Ginobili and Duncan all that much. You can see signs that they're trying, but at the moment, the inconsistency is killing the Spurs.

On the other hand, the Spurs never really start playing great basketball until about January so I'll reserve judgement until then.