Years On Coins

Warren2ThaG

Are you surprised when you see coins with like years older then 1980? I mean how do they survive that long anyways? Lot's of people touched these coins also, been in a lot of pockets, different kinds of people, etc. What if a superstar/model wtvr had the coin before? What if the coin was in a pocket of a murdered person, etc. Coins have a lot of history. what do you have to say about coins?

• Like 2

Your perspective on coins is amazing, lemme just say that first. Mainly cuz I nvr really though about it, but ur rite. Oldest date I've ever seen on a penny was like 1922 or something. It was really dark n didnt look shiny like it probably once did.

Edited by bigdog17k

People write messgaes on dollars sometimes.

Sometimes I cross out the "In God We Trust" because it kind of bothers me. Not all of the country even believes in a God, so that little text there isn't quite accurate, yet it's printed in just about all of our money.

I know that sounds anti-religious there, but just imagine if the dollar bills said "In Allah We Trust", or some other deity that you don't believe in, yet a wide amount of people do.

Sometimes I cross out the "In God We Trust" because it kind of bothers me. Not all of the country even believes in a God, so that little text there isn't quite accurate, yet it's printed in just about all of our money.

I know that sounds anti-religious there, but just imagine if the dollar bills said "In Allah We Trust", or some other deity that you don't believe in, yet a wide amount of people do.

Its funny you bring that up because there is suppose to be a separation of Church and State yet the dollars have the " In God We Trust," phrase. Quite hypocritical one may think.

Why be so sensitive? Its like people who get bent out of shape if you say merry Christmas, grow up and move on. Dont let the simple things in life bother you, especially over a couple of words.

Why be so sensitive? Its like people who get bent out of shape if you say merry Christmas, grow up and move on. Dont let the simple things in life bother you, especially over a couple of words.

I'm not worked up over it at all. All I said was that I was kind of bothered by it.

Also, it's hardly anything I would call a "simple thing". Sure, it's a couple of words.... a delusional lie printed and copied onto billions of dollars in a country that I guess I'm officially a part of. Whether you agree with my views on religion or not, clearly not quite everyone in this country agrees with the phrase, and as YD! said, church and state should be separated. Writing a phrase like this copied onto billions of dollars, among other things, doesn't exactly follow up.