Best post game in the NBA?

kingfish

Idk I think I gotta go with Duncan, cause his fundamentals are so good. But Pau is a close 2nd if not first, hes a dominant post player and commands a double team.

Pau definitely does not demand a double team and there's absolutely no way he has the best post game in the league.

Duncan has a more refined post game. But if we were to talk about the player with the most effective post game, I might also add Antawn Jamison, Dwight Howard, Yao Ming, and Chris Bosh.

Tim Duncan's post game is very good, but he often just throws up the ball (although he hits it) and more weird stuff, and idk maybe I'm wrong, but with post game I understand the moves and weapons and things like that.

Well if you're talking about just offense, Tim isn't the same player he once was. But even to this day, his defensive presence in the paint is outstanding. Tim still gets his points in the post, though during games he often falls in love with his midrange shot, he always finds a way to get it done in the paint. his fundamentals is a large part of it. He's also a great passer in the post as well.

Pau definitely does not demand a double team and there's absolutely no way he has the best post game in the league.

:lol:

Have you ever watched a Lakers game? The Nuggets had that same philosophy last year in the Western Conference Finals, and Pau completely abused them. If you dont think Pau commands a double team in the post I dont know what to tell you.

:lol:

Have you ever watched a Lakers game? The Nuggets had that same philosophy last year in the Western Conference Finals, and Pau completely abused them. If you dont think Pau commands a double team in the post I dont know what to tell you.

Matter of fact I have seen 8 Laker games this year. To say Pau DEMANDS a double team is erroneous. He's not dominant, he's just a good scorer...there's a difference.

I sincerely think it is hilarious no one has mentioned Yao in this thread. Not saying he is the clear cut best but he is easily in the same class as all the aformentioned. Just like how everyone forgot how dominant Wade was while he was injured everyone forgets how good Yao is because of his injury troubles.

KG isn't a post player, Pau is good but is not dominant in the post, he is a good passer out of the post but he doesn't demand a double team. Of course there will be times when he is playing well or has a good matchup where his defender can't handle him and he will need a double.

When healthy I think Yao is the best scoring big man in the NBA.

EDIT- traditional back to the basket big man.

Edited by travesy3

Well Pau has only played 3 games so far, but ok...

Exactly, so that leaves the question still up in the air: How does one thing Pau is dominant right now?

I sincerely think it is hilarious no one has mentioned Yao in this thread. Not saying he is the clear cut best but he is easily in the same class as all the aformentioned. Just like how everyone forgot how dominant Wade was while he was injured everyone forgets how good Yao is because of his injury troubles.

KG isn't a post player, Pau is good but is not dominant in the post, he is a good passer out of the post but he doesn't demand a double team. Of course there will be times when he is playing well or has a good matchup where his defender can't handle him and he will need a double.

When healthy I think Yao is the best scoring big man in the NBA.

EDIT- traditional back to the basket big man.

I believe I mentioned Yao. -_-

The best post players in the NBA right now are Al Jefferson, Pau Gasol, Zach Randolph, Andrew Bynum and Yao Ming. You could even put players like Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony on the lists who actually goes down low and works hard to get some of their points with post play even though there perimiter type of players. If I had to pick the best one right now it as to be Al Jefferson. He's almost unguardable when he brings his game in the post, and he easliy as 6-7 different moves he could use effectively down there. But I can see Andrew Bynum being the best post player for years to come as he gains more confidence down in the trenches. But it's ashame that post play is starting to get instinct. Guys like Nowitzky, Bosh, Sheed, Garnett, Stoudamire, and Aldridge are all perimiter players and hardly go in the post...even a guy like Howard and his body is a terrible posts player. Oh the 80's and 90's type of players are long gone...