2 Ed's with AI today

Guest N4S

76ers meet with Iverson

76ers coach Eddie Jordan and general manager Ed Stefanski had a two-hour meeting in Dallas on Monday with free-agent guard Allen Iverson before the team's game against the Dallas Mavericks.

The team confirmed the face-to-face meeting with Iverson, agent Leon Rose and Iverson's longtime business manager Gary Moore.

No firm decision on signing Iverson was expected before the game Monday night.

Marc Stein covers the NBA for ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4701189

Meanwhile, ESPN.com is reporting, citing two sources, that if the Sixers reach a deal with Iverson that he would debut Monday night at home against Denver, the team the Sixers traded Iverson to in 2006. Sixers assistant coach Aaron McKie, a former Sixers teammate, is tentatively planning to return early from the Sixers' current road trip to work out Iverson in advance of his debut, ESPN.com said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sixerville/More_Iverson_Conversation_Today.html

I just bought tickets to Monday night's game.

Article also says that Stefanski and Leon Rose are meeting today.

Obviously as a fan I want to see this happen, but I can see why the Sixers may be tentative about it. As much as I dislike everything Eddie Jordan has done, adding Iverson would go completely against his philosophy and basically be a sign of already giving up on the season. Also, Ed Snider was very clear in his intent to get Iverson out of town last time around, and he would sort of look like a hypocrite if he brings him back.

But like I said, I want to be interested in this team again, as do most other fans.