Vokoun smacked in the head by his own defenseman

fly3rs18

Tonight was just a really bad night for injuries.

You have this incident with Ballard hitting Vokoun in the head with his stick.

Ovechkin delievered a knee on knee to Gleason and both players were shaken up from hit, although I'm pretty sure that Gleason wasn't injured, just hurt, as Ovechkin was the one that got injured.

Koleta (sp? plays for Columbus) went down with a leg injury tonight. I'm not sure if he came back or not or what the extent of the injury was, but I do know that he got hurt.

Another Carolina player (I want to say Cullen but I'm not sure) got a skate to his leg from Alzner and had to go to hospital for examinations (last I heard they feared it might be his achillies.

Just a terrible night for injuries, although, it serves Ovechkin right. He has been running around doing [expletive] like this for too long and it is a little bit of karma to see him get injured on one of his own dirty plays. I like Ovechkin and he is one of the funnest players to watch, but it was only a matter of time that something like this happened to him.

Another Carolina player (I want to say Cullen but I'm not sure) got a skate to his leg from Alzner and had to go to hospital for examinations (last I heard they feared it might be his achillies.

ouch

Just a terrible night for injuries, although, it serves Ovechkin right. He has been running around doing [expletive] like this for too long and it is a little bit of karma to see him get injured on one of his own dirty plays. I like Ovechkin and he is one of the funnest players to watch, but it was only a matter of time that something like this happened to him.

i dont think he is that dirty of a player, but it is about time that he got hurt. he throws his body around all game, its surprising that it has taken this long

ouch

i dont think he is that dirty of a player, but it is about time that he got hurt. he throws his body around all game, its surprising that it has taken this long

I'm not throwing the dirty label on him just yet, but he has a shady past and is right at that line between dirty and not. Some of the stuff that he has pulled, like this knee on knee (and the one against Gonchar in the playoffs), the couple of slew-foots that he has done and that incident with Briere back when Briere was in Buffalo, can definitely give him the dirty label if it continues.

I'm not going to label him as dirty just yet, but he is definitely walking a fine line and a couple of more incidents like this than I don't think that you can not call him dirty.

I find it funny how Ovechkin only got 2 games for his knee yet Georges Laraque got 5 for basically the exact same thing. I know that Laraque has more of a history, but the double standard for star players is on full display here.

As far the Carolina player (it was actually Corvo, not Cullen), last I heard he was supposed to be out 8-12 weeks with a leg laceration. It wasn't his achillies, at least I don't think, but he did have to have surgery on his leg immediately.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

I don't know much about hockey, but is this common to do when you allow the other team to score and you're pissed?

Yeah smacking your stick against the boards/crossbar/goal post out of frustration is pretty common, but usually guys are smart enough to check if somebody is in the way beforehand.