Pacquiao Agrees to Terms to Mayweather

Cobb

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Source: ESPN.com

The proposed super-fight between Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather is getting closer.

Mayweather agreed to terms for the welterweight title bout on Tuesday, multiple sources with knowledge of the negotiations told ESPN.com.

The proposed date is March 13, although there is a chance it could move to May 1, sources said. Mayweather, according to a source close to him, is OK with either date.

Pacquiao and Mayweather have fought recent bouts at catch weights. However if they complete their deal, the bout would be contested at 147 pounds, the maximum for a welterweight fight, a source said.

Top Rank's Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 KOs), was flying to the Philippines on Tuesday night to meet with Pacquiao and try to close his side of the deal.

Arum spent much of Tuesday getting open issues resolved in his negotiations with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, who represents Mayweather, sources said. Once Arum was able to do that, he left for the Philippines and is expected back on Monday.

If the HBO PPV fight happens on March 13, it would force the tentative HBO PPV fight between light heavyweights Roy Jones Jr. and Bernard Hopkins to move to another date. Hopkins and Jones both fight Wednesday and must win for their fight to go through.

They are suppose to make around 35-50 million dollars each.

Anyone know the real number?

I heard it was somewhere in the range. Not exactly sure. I don't follow boxing but is that normal to receive that much?

Money wins easily. Bigger, faster and stronger than Pacquiao. I think it'll be a lot like Floyd's last fight vs. Marquez though.

The media is gonna be jocking Pacquiao extra hard until March now. I'm not sold on the guy one bit.

Can the Pacquiao fans please talk about why he'll win or what makes them think he'll win?

It's gonna be a great fight so I'm not saying he'll win hands down. But Floyd is a boxer who hangs around thugs because he isn't. In return the thugs get to hang around a boxer. Floyd likes to run his mouth, and is extremely rude to everybody. I can't go for a guy like that.

Edited by bigdog17k

It's gonna be a great fight so I'm not saying he'll win hands down. But Floyd is a boxer who hangs around thugs because he isn't. In return the thugs get to hang around a boxer. Floyd likes to run his mouth, and is extremely rude to everybody. I can't go for a guy like that.

Pretty much agree with that. He runs his mouth all the time (from what I hear, not a huge boxing fan) and is very cocky. Sure, maybe he has a right to be cocky but I think he'll come into this fight overconfident, will underestimate Manny and Pacquiao will take advantage of that and end up winning. I'm not saying Pacman will win this fight hands down because it'll certainly be a great fight. I just think in the end, Pacquiao will win.