Yahoo: Rockets continue to try to trade T-Mac

Dash

Houston: The Rockets continue to offer Tracy McGrady(notes) in a trade, but that will be a difficult proposition considering he’s the highest-paid player in the league ($23.2 million) and no one has seen him play in nine months. Houston seems willing to take back a longer-term contract for McGrady, but most executives believe his high salary makes it hard to put together a package.

Rockets GM Daryl Morey and coach Rick Adelman don’t want McGrady back with the team, and have insisted that he isn’t physically ready to return to the lineup. McGrady would love a trade, but knows he must start playing again for it to be possible.

Link

Things starting to look more bleak for Tracy, not good. I know he's not ready right now but Morey/Adelman seriously need to give the guy a chance. By far, still the best shot creator and playmaker on this team.

Honestly, I would hate to see TMac traded from Houston. The Rockets need to give him a chance. He wants to play but they're the ones keeping him out longer (which is a good thing in my opinion, better to be 100% than 90%). He's the 2nd best player on the team and when both TMac and Yao are healthy again, add in Ariza, Battier, Scola, and Brooks, that's pretty good on paper. Especially with another year of experience for Brooks, a year with Ariza. Plus, they've got great bench help in Lowry, Landry, Andersen. This team can be good if given a chance when everyone is healthy.

• Owner

and when both TMac and Yao are healthy again, add in Ariza, Battier, Scola, and Brooks, that's pretty good on paper. Especially with another year of experience for Brooks, a year with Ariza.

Only problem is, McGrady won't be re-signing after this season. The chance of that happening is slim to none, unless Houston decides to overpay (which would be astounding).

Trade McGrady to the Knicks for Harrington and a filler. New York seems to be interested in dealing him, McGrady has an expiring, might as well make it rain in the Big Apple.

Only problem is, McGrady won't be re-signing after this season. The chance of that happening is slim to none, unless Houston decides to overpay (which would be astounding).

Trade McGrady to the Knicks for Harrington and a filler. New York seems to be interested in dealing him, McGrady has an expiring, might as well make it rain in the Big Apple.

New York is one of the last places I would trade Tracy to. Nothing there really interests me and I'm sure Morey can do better.

Edited by Dash