Computer Help/Discussion Thread

Cobb

lkr need your assistance haha.

i need to buy a external HD but the issue i have is that they use Mac's at the uni and i have a PC so will i need some type of special exHD or will they all work fine? not sure if that makes sense.. but ill need to get files from my pc and put them onto a mac computer and vise verse.

lkr need your assistance haha.

i need to buy a external HD but the issue i have is that they use Mac's at the uni and i have a PC so will i need some type of special exHD or will they all work fine? not sure if that makes sense.. but ill need to get files from my pc and put them onto a mac computer and vise verse.

it will work just fine. if you format the external HDD as a mac file system(os x journaled), then you will need a windows program to read the file system. a mac can read ntfs but can't write to it, so that won't work

http://www.catacombae.org/hfsx.html use this on windows

it will work just fine. if you format the external HDD as a mac file system(os x journaled), then you will need a windows program to read the file system. a mac can read ntfs but can't write to it, so that won't work

http://www.catacombae.org/hfsx.html use this on windows

to easy. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting really annoyed with all the workarounds I have to go through to use ubuntu. Should I stick with it or delete it and upgrade to Windows 7?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sony Vaio Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz, 3.0GB Ram

there should be an actual model number though like VX214T for example(I just used random shit there, your model number will probably be nothing like that). or if you can find your serial number, that would be just as good

there should be an actual model number though like VX214T for example(I just used random shit there, your model number will probably be nothing like that). or if you can find your serial number, that would be just as good

idk what this is..... X08 - 73061

but this on back of comp' says... Model / PCV - 7762