Computer Help/Discussion Thread

Cobb

did that, now that control panel volume works but the sound still doesnt turn on.... my speakers use a plug to the wall and and usb cord

i couldn't imagine your speakers having their own drivers but it is definitely possible i guess. what brand are they?

hit start>right click my computer> hit properties. go to the hardware tab and open device manager. expand each thing by hitting the plus sign and see if there is anything with an error next to it or something that is an unknown device

i couldn't imagine your speakers having their own drivers but it is definitely possible i guess. what brand are they?

hit start>right click my computer> hit properties. go to the hardware tab and open device manager. expand each thing by hitting the plus sign and see if there is anything with an error next to it or something that is an unknown device

other devices:

multimedia audio controller

? unknown device

thats tha only thing that caught my eye

may sound dumb, but have you tried unplugging the speakers usb and plugging it back in? it may work :P

it works now nice! the usb was fine. but i forgot to mention the circle metal plug in too that goes in back, that was in tha wrong slot

Anyone having problem buffering videos?

My internet speed is the same as always but for the past week no matter what video I try to watch (youtube, hulu, dailymotion, etc.), it takes forever for it to load. I took me 40 minutes to watch a 17 minute video and I have DSL speed. No malware, no virus, I haven't downloaded or added anything in probably a month.

Anyone know how to fix it? It's getting pretty annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

anyone know any tricks on how to fix the F1 startup, i have to press F1 on that black screen when i turn on the computer to go to the desktop.

F2 goes to BIOS, how can i fix the problem when im in BIOS? I have a Sony Vaio desktop from 2002.

MS Windows XP Professional SP3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=PCVRX851&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab

with that above link provided, do u think any of those drivers/software updates can fix my computer from overheating?

it overheats on videos and if multiple pages are open

(the computer is clean inside no dust) maybe some of the drivers would help, but which ones? thanks if u can help