Oden Likely Done For Season

Greg Oden will likely miss the season after fracturing his left patella during a game against Houston on Saturday night.

Oden will undergo surgery, the Trail Blazers said.

The game was stopped for some seven minutes after colliding with a driving Aaron Brooks midway through the first quarter. Oden was gently moved to a stretcher and wheeled from the court. He underwent an MRI shortly thereafter.

Source

Wow. :(

He's a bust, plain and simple. His bones are made of glass and he can't stay over a month in an NBA court without getting injured.

Sad, but very true. It's Sam Bowie all over again. They could have had Jordan, but they took Bowie. They could have had Durant, but they took Oden.

This guy's done. Just let his contact expire and pretend it never happened.

It sucks too because they were doing so great this season.

They need overhauls at the PG, SF, and C positions.

Edited by HOV

Sad, but very true. It's Sam Bowie all over again. They could have had Jordan, but they took Bowie. They could have had Durant, but they took Oden.

This guy's done. Just let his contact expire and pretend it never happened.

It sucks too because they were do so great this season.

Injuries have nothing to do with being a bust....

Injuries have nothing to do with being a bust....

Exactly. A bust is a player who under-performs to the expectations made for them. He has the talent, he is just injury prone. When he is healthy, he is playing the way he was expected to.

I disagree. Steve Blake is an underrated point guard, Andre Miller is a good back up that would start for most teams, Joel Przybilla is a good defensive center, and Martell Webster is a young player showing promise.

He's never healthy though. That's what makes him a bust.

I thought Real Deal made a good point about this in another thread.

Greg Oden is a bust in terms that he was a failed PICK due to injuries, although he may not be a bust as a PLAYER since he was growing into expectations when he was actually playing on the court.

I thought Real Deal made a good point about this in another thread.

Greg Oden is a bust in terms that he was a failed PICK due to injuries, although he may not be a bust as a PLAYER since he was growing into expectations when he was actually playing on the court.

In my mind, he's a bust. Plain and simple.

• Owner

Injuries define a pick for being a bust, not the player. Oden was playing very well. As a player, he was showing his true potential out there this season, manipulating shots, grabbing boards and blocking layups in the minutes he was given.

A true bust doesn't perform as expected when on the floor. His abilities don't translate to the pros, or he's shattered by the professional style of life, and it shows in his game.

Injuries have nothing to do with Greg Oden's basketball abilities. Danny Manning played very solid basketball for the Clippers before he suffered his eventual career-ending injury...didn't make him a bust.

If Oden is a bust, so is Jay Williams, who never played a single game because of his motorcycle accident...and that's ridiculous to say.

Nooooooo

I cracked my patellar bone before and didnt play soccer my senior year but was like screw it and played basketball. But yeah therapy is like almost two years and pins in knee if you break it, this is serious

i feel real bad for him damn man

It was bad during the game. It sucked real bad. But in my opinion, he's not a bust at all. He'll recover from this injury and be back next year. I truly believe that, not because I'm sporting an Oden sig but I honestly believe he'll be able to come back from this injury like he did his previous injury.