Official AI Debut Thread

Guest N4S

Monday, December 7, 2009

Iverson: "I'm starting"

Just finished 76ers shootaround here at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.

Allen Iverson just said that he will start tonight, so we can put that speculation to rest. A few minutes later, Sixers coach Eddie Jordan confirmed he would start a backcourt of Iverson and Andre Iguodala. Iguodala's ankle looks fine, he just did some spot shooting with Iverson. Rookie Jrue Holiday is out again with that right rotator cuff strain.

Here's what Iverson said about tonight ... and about the ovation he received when he returned with the Nuggets, as a Nugget, after being traded in 2006:

"I dreamed about it," Iverson said of tonight. "And, you know, in your dreams you always hope for the best. That’s what I’m doing. I love these people here, they know that, and they love me back. So, hopefully, it’ll just be a great experience. Hopefully I don’t get emotional because it will take away from my game. I hope it doesn’t last as long as it did last time because this time I have to play for us."

"I don't know," Iverson said when asked how many minutes he could play tonight. "Being that I haven't played it's going to be tough on me but you never know, the way my adrenaline is going to be pumping. I guess it's how I feel when I get out there and have my first break, I hope I can catch my second wind and have some stamina."

Jordan said he would let Iverson dictate when he needs to be taken out. He said that in his first time coaching Iverson, he wasn't going to take the guy out unless he called for a sub.

When asked about helping a team that's struggled to sell tickets, and sparking a sell out for tonight's game, Iverson laughed and said, "glad I could help. It's a beautiful thing."

Iverson said he had to take his time tonight and not try to do too much.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/Iverson_Im_starting.html

I cant wait. I think they are going to play a career highlight film on the big screen during introductions.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Iverson: "I'm starting"

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/Iverson_Im_starting.html

I cant wait. I think they are going to play a career highlight film on the big screen during introductions.

Can't wait. I'll be up in 207A row 8!

I think the crowd is gonna go nuts when they announce him in the starting 5. I hope I get this game on TV, I expect AI is going to force it a lot early on in his first few games because he wants to show he can still score. But once he gets comfortable I think he is going to be a really good pick up for the Sixers.

I think the crowd is gonna go nuts when they announce him in the starting 5. I hope I get this game on TV, I expect AI is going to force it a lot early on in his first few games because he wants to show he can still score. But once he gets comfortable I think he is going to be a really good pick up for the Sixers.

Apparently its on RapsTV.

It was so sick in there tonight.

AI def made the players around him better.

You could tell he didnt have his legs and he was hesitant the whole night.

http://i46.tinypic.com/dhbv9s.jpg