Trail Blazers' Andre Miller doesn't want to be traded

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_rumors__41/ept_sports_rumors-782601133-1260188476_thumb.jpg?ym9coUCDauJJyZXW

-------------

Trail Blazers' Andre Miller doesn't want to be traded

The word on the street is that Portland Trail Blazers point guard Andre Miller(notes) is up on the trading block and he doesn't wan to be there, according to FanHouse.

"Here is where I want to be,'' Miller said. "I'm comfortable. Everything's not going to be gravy when you get into a new situation. So I just take it in stride.'' Miller joined the team this summer after a few other bigger-name free agents (Hedo Turkoglu(notes), Paul Millsap(notes)) turned down the team. Miller was celebrated by the team to a great degree at that point. The excitement has clearly died down since the 33-year-old is now a benchwarmer.

Miller is apparently averaging 27 minutes per game, his lowest since his rookie season. "I didn't make a big deal of it. Everybody else made it a big deal," he said.

Trail Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard Trail Blazers seems to think it burns Miller a little that he wasn't the top free-agent choice or the team. "I'm sure that's presented some challenges for him,'' he said.

---

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/12/06/determined-miller-doesnt-want-trade/

I honestly like having Miller on the court with Roy. I think Roy needs to adjust to the way Miller plays because he's the better defensive PG, he can post up smaller PGs, and he can turn it on if he feels he needs to (which he did against the Rockets this last game in the 3rd quarter). Now I realize Nate and Roy like having Blake in the game with Roy so that when Roy drives to the lane and gets double teamed, he can kick it to Blake who is a much better shooter than Miller. But after the game on Sunday when Miller was red hot, he needs to start over Blake.