Report: Halos make serious offer for Halladay

bigdog17k

http://fromthedugout.freedomblogging.com/files/2009/01/logo_ml_laa_90.gifhttp://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/mlb/players/65/3973.jpg

Angels make a play for Halladay

The Angels have offered SP Joe Saunders, SS Erick Aybar and CF Peter Bourjos to the Blue Jays for ace Roy Halladay, according to the Toronto Sun.

The Angels are also in on free agents John Lackey, Jason Bay and Matt Holliday.

Full Article

Insane if they end up with him, I'd probably be happy with him going to LA. As long as he isn't on the Yankees or Red Sox.

He actually wants to come here, so ive heard. He would sign an extension with us. Who wouldnt want to come here? lol.

Anyways, I dont like the deal weve offered them. Any deal with Aybar is a no thank you, Saunders has already made an all star team, dont want to give him up either. Their asking price is still way too high, id rather just get Lackey back. Hes a proven postseason ace anyways.

From what I have heard, he does not want to go west long term. Maybe he would accept a deal there and pitch out his current contract, but I believe his goal is to get a long term deal with one of the east coast teams.

And kingfish, this is arguably the best pitcher of this generation. It is going to cost a little bit to get him.

From what I have heard, he does not want to go west long term. Maybe he would accept a deal there and pitch out his current contract, but I believe his goal is to get a long term deal with one of the east coast teams.

And kingfish, this is arguably the best pitcher of this generation. It is going to cost a little bit to get him.

Right but hes 32 years old with a lot of mileage and will either get a huge contract or leave in free agency. Id rather keep a few terrific young players while we can and use the money elsewhere.

Right but hes 32 years old with a lot of mileage and will either get a huge contract or leave in free agency. Id rather keep a few terrific young players while we can and use the money elsewhere.

Well, I agree with that. I have said the same thing with the Phillies. If they trade for him, there better be an extension signed before the trade is completed.