All-Star game first vote returns

Dash

EASTERN CONFERENCE NBA ALL STAR VOTING RESULTS: FIRST RETURNS

Guards: Dwyane Wade (Mia) 672,227; Vince Carter (Orl) 292,002; Gilbert Arenas (Was) 212,526; Ray Allen (Bos) 208,276 Derrick Rose (Chi) 196,059; Allen Iverson (Phi) 136,976*; Joe Johnson (Atl) 118,964; Rajon Rondo (Bos) 113,371; Jose Calderon (Tor) 68,084; Mike Bibby (Atl) 48,935.

Forwards: LeBron James (Clev) 649,327; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 533,187; Chris Bosh (Tor) 303,550; Paul Pierce (Bos) 131,379; Josh Smith (Atl) 109,404; Danny Granger (Ind) 100,122; Andre Iguodala (Phi) 75,146; Michael Beasley (Mia) 58,461; Hedo Turkoglu (Tor) 55,416); Rashard Lewis (Orl) 46,073; Luol Deng (Chi) 37,428.

Centers: Dwight Howard (Orl) 625,279; Shaquille O'Neal (Cle) 206,657; Andrea Bargnani (Tor) 67,310; Al Horford (Atl) 52,747; Andrew Bogut (Mil) 45,920; Brook Lopez (NJ) 39,420; Jermaine O'Neal (Mia) 38,956; Rasheed Wallace (Bos) 36,855; Kendrick Perkins (Bos) 19,408; Brad Miller (Chi) 17,188; Tyson Chandler (Cha) 14,062; Samuel Dalembert, S. (Phi) 13,969.

WESTERN CONFERENCE NBA ALL STAR VOTING RESULTS: FIRST RETURNS

Guards: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 692,518; Tracy McGrady (Hou) 281,545; Steve Nash (Pho) 272,135; Chris Paul (NO) 248,049; Jason Kidd (Dal) 207,247; Jason Terry (Dal) 131,422; Aaron Brooks (Hou) 131,167; Chauncey Billups (Den) 112,509; Brandon Roy (Por) 106,416; Deron Williams (Utah) 94,715; Manu Ginobili (SA) 75,392.

Forwards: Carmelo Anthony (Den) 588,958; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 366,300; Pau Gasol (LAL) 280,758; Tim Duncan (SA) 271,321; Kevin Durant (OKC) 177,205; Trevor Ariza (Hou) 168,167; Shawn Marion (Dal) 161,653; Luis Scola (Hou) 134,321; Ron Artest (LAL) 99,209; Lamar Odom (LAL) 85,817; LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 70,588.

Centers: Amar’e Stoudemire (Pho) 447,776; Andrew Bynum (LAL) 299,484; Nene (Den) 90,439; Marc Gasol (Mem) 75,765; Greg Oden (Por) 73,874; Al Jefferson (Min) 48,676; Antonio McDyess (SA) 46,323; Mehmet Okur (Utah) 35,606; Marcus Camby (LAC) 35,471; Andris Biedrins (GS) 28,287; Emeka Okafor (NO) 19,827; Spencer Hawes (Sac) 10,733.

*While Allen Iverson appears among Western Conference guards on the paper ballot because he began the season with Memphis, his votes will count towards the Eastern Conference guards due to his signing with Philadelphia Dec. 3.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/all-star-voting-results.shtml#ixzz0ZJdjTmpC

T-Mac - 2nd for guards

Brooks - 7th for guards

Ariza - 6th for forwards

Scola - 8th for forwards

China still loves us.

It is absolutely pathetic that the best PF in the East isn't going to be starting at PF in the all-star game. Kinda cool VC will be back in the all-star game, starting at this rate, for the first time in a while after that string of years that he lead the league in voting.

Smh at T-Mac on pace to make it without playing a game, also I am surprised LeBron wasn't first in voting and that he was actually 3rd.

These votes are wack, they shouldn't let the fans vote the starters they should just let them vote 5 players to the team, this is what happens when you let 10 year olds vote because they pick the guys that they have seen on ESPN the most or are most popular, ALA VC and T-Mac and KG.

No Butler OR Jamison? Are you serious?

Yeah I noticed that too, I can understand having Butler off the list, but Jamison? Give me a break, one of the most underrated players in the game today. I don't care what people say about his defense, he's one of the best pure scorers in the league.

Dont make any mistakes about it. THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF CHINA.

Seriously no offense but the Chinese should not be able to vote for these things, or any counrty besides America for that matter. I couldnt give a [expletive] about globalization or w/e, they dont know [expletive] about basketball. If TMac starts this game it would be an embarassment to this voting system.

Seriously no offense but the Chinese should not be able to vote for these things, or any counrty besides America for that matter. I couldnt give a [expletive] about globalization or w/e, they dont know [expletive] about basketball. If TMac starts this game it would be an embarassment to this voting system.

So if you aren't from the United States then you don't know [expletive] all about basketball? Give me a break.

Brah, I bet you vote for all Lakers.

Well, Iverson is still likely getting into the top 3 for the guards, and i wouldn't be shocked at all if he got in as a starter. Don't just blame china for everything, this entire thing of having fans vote for the starters is flawed, but its a business, the NBA is looking to cash in from china, what can you do lol.

Edited by Celtics3420

Its not the fans fault for voting who they want to see in it (Tmac). I think the NBA starts the balloting too early and doesnt wait to see which players even deserve to be in the ballot. Tmac should not even be eligible on the list...

I hope Josh Smith makes it in as a forward from the East though!

The Nets have had someone in the all-star game for the last ten years, if I'm not mistaken. If we're sending anyone in this year, it's Lopez. I think he should be second among centers, but our record is definitely making a difference, unfortunately. If the fans don't vote him in, I really hope he gets named by the coaches.

The Nets have had someone in the all-star game for the last ten years, if I'm not mistaken. If we're sending anyone in this year, it's Lopez. I think he should be second among centers, but our record is definitely making a difference, unfortunately. If the fans don't vote him in, I really hope he gets named by the coaches.

Not saying Lopez isn't deserving, but with Dwight guaranteed in, Shaq as a likely back, and Horford looking to get picked as well, it'll be tough for Lopez to get in.

North America*

my bad :P

That's just as stupid because North Americans aren't the only ones who know about basketball.

I agree with what someone else said. We should just let people vote for 5 players from each conference and they start depending on the coaches.

Not saying Lopez isn't deserving, but with Dwight guaranteed in, Shaq as a likely back, and Horford looking to get picked as well, it'll be tough for Lopez to get in.

I know it's not going to be easy, but if the fans don't vote him in, the coaches should. The Nets' record probably has an effect on him being sixth and not second.