Ok... we need more staff members

JWaLL

Well we can't really jump to conclusions yet, it could just be some idiot trying to make BTA look bad.

That has to be it, someone trying to create a problem between the sites. I would expect someone banned there maybe spammed this site to create an issue.

IP Address: 96.227.210.37

City: Philadelphia

State: Pennsylvania

ISP: Verizon Internet Services Inc.

Host Name: pool-96-227-210-37.phlapa.fios.verizon.net

Draw your own conclusions.

Do we have any villains in Philadelphia with a motive to spam us?!?!? :)

First and foremost, I would like to apologize to everyone here on OTR. I just did an IP check and have found a match. The member is known as SWED (formally known as Faber).

He just got suspended from BTA today and I guess this was his pathetic attempt to get back at us. I apologize to the entire staff and all the members for the problem he has caused.

Things like this bother me because it shows how mindless/lifeless some people are. Not to mention, it gives my site bad rep and makes ME look bad.

I'm glad this is all settled, and again, I apologize for the problems this idiot has caused.

Yeah, he is a member over there that just got suspended for 3 days. The IP Address, Internet Provider and all of those things match his info.

He was probably just trying to turn OTR and BTA against each other because he was pissed off that he was banned over at BTA. Its really sad that somebody would do this.

As a member of OTR for the past 4 years, this upsets me greatly. I have a ton of respect for OTR, the community, and the staff. Not ever would I have thought a member from BTA would spam OTR, but it was just a pathetic attempt to give us a bad name. Luckily, it was resolved in a matter of minutes.

I hope you guys don't get the wrong impression of BTA, we are proud affiliates of OTR, and will always be. I try my best to stay as active on OTR as possible, so I don't expect there to be any tension between the two of us.

I hope you guys can put this behind us.

As a member of OTR for the past 4 years, this upsets me greatly. I have a ton of respect for OTR, the community, and the staff. Not ever would I have thought a member from BTA would spam OTR, but it was just a pathetic attempt to give us a bad name. Luckily, it was resolved in a matter of minutes.

I hope you guys don't get the wrong impression of BTA, we are proud affiliates of OTR, and will always be. I try my best to stay as active on OTR as possible, so I don't expect there to be any tension between the two of us.

I hope you guys can put this behind us.

It ain't your fault man, it was a prick who tried to get revenge on you guys. No hard feelings from any of us.

IP Address: 96.227.210.37

City: Philadelphia

State: Pennsylvania

ISP: Verizon Internet Services Inc.

Host Name: pool-96-227-210-37.phlapa.fios.verizon.net

Draw your own conclusions.

http://i48.tinypic.com/30xeayt.gif

Straight Orton punted him putting that info out there. :lol:

• Owner

I'll see if I can find you guys another common IP, because I'm getting a few guests viewing both sides, yet neither are registered on the site...

And no, it's not BTA's fault. My guys know how this is...so no worries.

• Owner

As far as adding more staff goes, please don't worry about it. Things like this...they happen. The guy posted 50 topics or so in 15 minutes. The site can't have moderators on every 15...that's just unrealistic and only happens on RealGM.

The one time I was out and away from the computer this happens. Go figure. And Brandon is right, these things will happen, but they get taken care of pretty quickly once a moderator/admin comes on. No need to have a million moderators patrolling at all times. :)

• Owner

can someone fill me in i missed it all

A member from BTA was suspended earlier today, so he decided to try and deface their site by coming over here, adding links for them in his posts, and also an additional surprise: a picture of his naked boyfriend.

We matched IP addresses and took care of it. ;)