We need to make a trade...

JWaLL

Arenas doesn't have a team? Haha, I'm pretty sure he does. Wade has Beasley and O'Neal. Brandon Jennings has Bogut. Both teams are better than the Wizards.

Key word.

Your expectations of a guy who hasn't stepped on the court for two years is rather high. You need to give him more time to find his game, but besides, I don't expect one guy to win games for any team. It doesn't work that way.

The Bucks are winning because of they have a better system, yet the winning percentage may drop because it's a predictable system, unless Redd can step up his game as a true perimeter scoring threat. And the Heat are winning because they have a much better overall team. I shouldn't need to explain them any further. They are an elite team. Much better than their record.

The game is played between the lines. Beyond "who scored 50". I think you would know that by now.

Arenas shoots 20 shots because that is the role he is given on this team. He's expected to take the most shots. Why? Because he's a damn good scorer, that's where his abilities are at, and that's where he will refind his game.

• Owner

Haha, now wait a minute...wasn't everyone else's expectations extremely high to start the season off? Wasn't it Gilbert who said he's done blogging, that he's going to be a changed man on the court, and play much better at 100%? Didn't people think Washington was going to win 40-49 games (in the poll created pre-season)?

I'm only staying consistent with what I've been saying since 2007. If everyone else allowed their expectations to hit rock bottom, I'm going to point that out.

Because of Gilbert's mouth, and because the Washington fans believed, I'm going to expect...

1) Gilbert to play better basketball and be healthy all season

2) Gilbert to pass the ball more

3) The Wizards to be a better team and have a winning record with their big three healthy

Since Arenas is the primary scoring option, I guess it's him or bust for Washington...and that's why my expectations are still going to be high.

If that's a problem, they need to trade him.

• Owner

Here, you guys can feed on this a bit while I update records.

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/5500-arenas-nobody-can-guard-me (nobody can guard him)

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/topic/6504-its-time-people-realize (we should've realized)

I don't know about anyone else, but I never expected them to win 50 games... I expected somewhere around 8th seed or so, 7th seed at best. They can still possibly turn their season around.

I think Washington just needs to improve collectively, which does include Gilbert as well.

As for the links, I don't know what to say. I suppose Gil had the wrong expectations of himself just like his fans. And besides, people's minds can change, anyway. They hadn't seen him play when those threads were made I don't think.

I think after being back on the court for some time, he'll be able to reestablish himself as a major scoring threat. It may take some time, though, so I think making him leave so soon would be a bad idea. The offense is run through a guy who hasn't played in years. Give him some more time.

If the intention is to begin a process of blowing the team up before re-building, then the Wizards will probably need to make some quick moves to move as many contracts for expiring contracts as fast as possible. Most teams which move players for the purposes of rebuilding don't really think about how much raw talent they're recieving immediately, but rather, how much they could recieve in the near future.

Fooling around on the ESPN trade machine, like so many of us do on lonely Wednesday nights, I came up with one trade which could immediately clear 10 million dollars of their hands. It's not very realistic, but the Wizards really have some awful trading pieces. Anyway:

Washington sends:

Caron Butler

Milwaukee sends:

Luke Ridnour

Kurt Thomas

Both Ridnour and Thomas' contract gets rid of $10,300,000 in salary immediately. Plus according to Hollinger's analysis, it actually improves the Wizards by 3 wins for the season. And even if it doesn't, it assures the Wizards of a better pick in a deep draft. With the expiring contracts of Boykins, Crittendon, Haywood, James, Miller and Stevenson, it puts the Wizards under the cap by $15-17 million dollars; which is enough to be able to sign a high draft pick and get a max type player if he happens to fall that way. If not, they try to get rid Antwan Jamison the following season to be able to comfortably sign a bunch of guys the following free agency and have a completely re-built team in three years time.

I wouldn't mind that trade if our team continued to fail even with a healthy Mike Miller back in the lineup. A high draft pick and plenty of money to sign a productive starter in the offseason would be a huge improvement for the team despite getting rid of Butler.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I think:

Can we change our coach?

If we don't want to change the Big 3

Or can we just get some bench player that can really contribute?

Every year I watch Washington Wiz

I found a problem

Not because the big 3 are really dominating the ball

But it is the problem that the bench really can't do anything

They don't have the mindset to comeout to play

I don't see anyone that has a solid performance out from the bench

Earl may be one, but it's not enough!

The wiz are always saying that someone hurts someone injured

But from my point of view,

the golden state also injured

the trail blazers also hurts

how about them?

they can still win

But our team?

we are not sharing the ball

They have a good bench

But how about us? even if miller is back , i doubt if we can win......

Edited by I love the NBA