We need to make a trade...

JWaLL

And that trade must include one of the big 3, and here is how I see it.

Gilbert isn't going anywhere because no one wants to take on his contract, or his inefficient play for that matter.

Antawn is declining and still has a large contract, so he is not an attractive trade piece.

Caron Butler is the only logical player to trade. His contract isn't mammoth sized, nor is he necessarily overpaid. He will contribute each night and has shown to be a leader, but I don't think he is working well in our system.

The only question is, what do we trade him for? What could we get for someone like Caron Butler (and possibly a filler or two)? What is our biggest team need that could be satisfied by trading away one of our best players?

As soon as you trade Stevenson for that towel boy, the Wizards will start winning.

In all seriousness, I would hate to see Butler go from Washington but you do make some sense. Not sure what you could get for Butler but it would have to be either a PF/C because the Wizards current PF/C rotations, in my opinion, aren't cutting it.

As soon as you trade Stevenson for that towel boy, the Wizards will start winning.

In all seriousness, I would hate to see Butler go from Washington but you do make some sense. Not sure what you could get for Butler but it would have to be either a PF/C because the Wizards current PF/C rotations, in my opinion, aren't cutting it.

Yeah it would be sad to see Butler go after all he has done for us, but I really think we should be targeting another small forward, but someone more true to their position. Caron Butler is really a shooting guard and plays much better in that position. We need someone who is a TRUE small forward, someone who can slash but also knock down the 3 ball consistently. Butler just doesn't fit into our system and that was shown most clearly last night, it was just a sloppy offense when he was in.

Butler for Hedo!

I wouldn't mind that if the Raptors threw someone else in to the mix. Butler and Stevenson for Hedo and Rasho works, but I doubt the Raptors would like that trade since they don't need another shooting guard, especially one like Stevenson.

Edited by Gil-Zero

I don't see any point in trading our best perimeter defender.

And how is Jamison declining? He may be old, but he has been one of the most consistent players on the team.His trade value is still high and I'm sure there will be a team or two looking to trade for him.

I haven't lost faith in the big three, and I would be extremely disappointed if we traded Abe Pollin's core. Instead of trading for a star, why not trade for another rotational player? Look how minimal the acquisition of Earl Boykins was, and look at the impact he has made? This team is lacking a guy who can come in and be a force on defense, that's it.

Some may not agree with my logic, but I don't want to see the big three go.

I don't see any point in trading our best perimeter defender.

And how is Jamison declining? He may be old, but he has been one of the most consistent players on the team.His trade value is still high and I'm sure there will be a team or two looking to trade for him.

I haven't lost faith in the big three, and I would be extremely disappointed if we traded Abe Pollin's core. Instead of trading for a star, why not trade for another rotational player? Look how minimal the acquisition of Earl Boykins was, and look at the impact he has made? This team is lacking a guy who can come in and be a force on defense, that's it.

Some may not agree with my logic, but I don't want to see the big three go.

Our "big 3" hasn't been impacting for years. We need a big makeover, and it should start with our core.

Our "big 3" hasn't been impacting for years. We need a big makeover, and it should start with our core.

At the same time our big three hasn't been given a fair chance to succeed.

If we give up on one of them, we go into rebuilding mode, I can guarantee that.

Give them at least one full season when they're healthy (which happens to be this season), and then start shipping them out.

Edited by Eastcoast Assassin

• Owner

That "big three" was healthy in 2006, when they all played 75 games or more, and they still won just 42.

Do whatever it takes to trade Arenas. He's done as a winning starter in this league. He never did change.

Jamison doesn't play any defense, but at least he knows how to score the ball without shooting 30% from the field.

And Caron Butler isn't a good defensive player. He was a matador in Miami, even worse in Los Angeles, and he's one in Washington. The only defensive player on the team is Brendan Haywood.

Trade Gilbert for whatever you can get (preferably a pick), never play Stevenson again, trade Butler for an expiring, use your draft pick to snag Derrick Favors (someone who will play defense), move Jamison down to the SF position, and use free agency to bring in a starting point guard, even Nate Robinson would suffice.

At the same time our big three hasn't been given a fair chance to succeed.

If we give up on one of them, we go into rebuilding mode, I can guarantee that.

Give them at least one full season when they're healthy (which happens to be this season), and then start shipping them out.

How have they not been given a fair chance? Even at the peak of their health and talent together, we were still BARELY over a .500 team.

Why shouldn't we go into rebuilding mode? We need to... our team isn't working out the way it is. Our core isn't getting the job done.

I don't see us being an Eastern Conference contender with our current core. Gilbert clearly won't be the same, sad to say, Antawn is aging, and Caron is definitely expendable.

That "big three" was healthy in 2006, when they all played 75 games or more, and they still won just 42.

Do whatever it takes to trade Arenas. He's done as a winning starter in this league. He never did change.

Jamison doesn't play any defense, but at least he knows how to score the ball without shooting 30% from the field.

And Caron Butler isn't a good defensive player. He was a matador in Miami, even worse in Los Angeles, and he's one in Washington. The only defensive player on the team is Brendan Haywood.

Trade Gilbert for whatever you can get (preferably a pick), never play Stevenson again, trade Butler for an expiring, use your draft pick to snag Derrick Favors (someone who will play defense), move Jamison down to the SF position, and use free agency to bring in a starting point guard, even Nate Robinson would suffice.

Exactly. People say that with our core being healthy we can be a 50 win team. Maybe with the old Gilbert that would be possible, but with what we have now, there is little to no chance of that happening.

I wouldn't mind Gilbert being traded, but what team would be willing to take on his contract?

I think we should hang on to Jamison if we could get him some more playing time at the 3 rather than the 4.

Caron may be one of the best defensive players on our roster, but that isn't saying much. As you said, Haywood is truly the only contributing defender on our team. He is an ok defender, but nothing special that we can't afford to lose.

Stevenson must go, no questions asked. Taking up valuable minutes that could be used by other players on the roster is his only current role. Gilbert will doubtfully be traded, just because of his contract and his so called "value" to the team. Don't get me wrong I still like Gilbert, but his playing style isn't what we need to be a winner. Butler for an expiring would be good and then we could go for a decent player in free agency. Draft picks aren't a huge deal for this upcoming draft class since this isn't exactly one of the strongest classes aside John Wall. Derrick Favors is just another power forward who needs to build up some strength and just doesn't seem NBA ready.

Up until the last two games, the Wizards have been playing decent defense this year. Simplified defensive schemes, the return of Haywood, the development of Blatche, and the addition of Oberto have vastly improved the interior defense. Despite the continuation of the crappy perimeter D (40% 3FG% allowed), overall the Wizards have been a middle-of-the-road defensive team.

So you give up on the big three after one year of play? Did the Cavs give up on LBJ after a few losing seasons? Did the Bulls give up on Jordan when he couldn't win a championship his first 8 years in the league? What you both are saying is absolutely ridiculous. The fact that you both fail to realize is that Gilbert has been playing not at 100%, yet you constantly decide to jump on him for his poor shooting.

Gil hasn't fully adapted to the offense, he hasn't played in nearly 2 full years, he's playing with an injury, and most of all, he hasn't acclimated himself with his new teammates. Name me someone else with the amount of expectations Gil had after 2 years of absence from the NBA, please.

And it kills me that you would put the blame on the big three after only winning 42 games in '06. Outside of those three, no one else produced. We had a bunch of young, un-established talent in the rotation, and no one was consistent. Gil was averaging nearly 30 a game, Antawn was averaging 21, and Caron was averaging 18, does that not satisfy you? Never put the blame on 3 players when clearly this is a 8-12 player game. Without a solid 8 man rotation, you're not winning anything in this league.

Do me a favor, put the big three on a team built like the Cavs, or replace them with Boston's big three, and I assure you, they would win more than 50 games. Even then you will find reasons to hate on Gil. Instead of looking at his atrocious shooting percentages, acknowledge the situation he is in, and the amount of pressure that is on his shoulders.

To ship them out immediately is inane, you'd rather give up on a team rather than giving them a chance to prove anything? Stating one season where they were all playing above 75 games doesn't cut it, I'm sorry.

I find it hard to believe you would trade Gil for anything out there. I take it you will be saying the same thing if he manages to get back to 100%, right?

Up until the last two games, the Wizards have been playing decent defense this year. Simplified defensive schemes, the return of Haywood, the development of Blatche, and the addition of Oberto have vastly improved the interior defense. Despite the continuation of the crappy perimeter D (40% 3FG% allowed), overall the Wizards have been a middle-of-the-road defensive team.

So you give up on the big three after one year of play? Did the Cavs give up on LBJ after a few losing seasons? Did the Bulls give up on Jordan when he couldn't win a championship his first 8 years in the league? What you both are saying is absolutely ridiculous. The fact that you both fail to realize is that Gilbert has been playing not at 100%, yet you constantly decide to jump on him for his poor shooting.

Gil hasn't fully adapted to the offense, he hasn't played in nearly 2 full years, he's playing with an injury, and most of all, he hasn't acclimated himself with his new teammates. Name me someone else with the amount of expectations Gil had after 2 years of absence from the NBA, please.

And it kills me that you would put the blame on the big three after only winning 42 games in '06. Outside of those three, no one else produced. We had a bunch of young, un-established talent in the rotation, and no one was consistent. Gil was averaging nearly 30 a game, Antawn was averaging 21, and Caron was averaging 18, does that not satisfy you? Never put the blame on 3 players when clearly this is a 8-12 player game. Without a solid 8 man rotation, you're not winning anything in this league.

Do me a favor, put the big three on a team built like the Cavs, or replace them with Boston's big three, and I assure you, they would win more than 50 games. Even then you will find reasons to hate on Gil. Instead of looking at his atrocious shooting percentages, acknowledge the situation he is in, and the amount of pressure that is on his shoulders.

To ship them out immediately is inane, you'd rather give up on a team rather than giving them a chance to prove anything? Stating one season where they were all playing above 75 games doesn't cut it, I'm sorry.

I find it hard to believe you would trade Gil for anything out there. I take it you will be saying the same thing if he manages to get back to 100%, right?

Your logic is flawed. The big 3 have had their chance. You can't compare 3 players to Lebron or Jordan, who have all the weight on their individual shoulders to carry their team to a win. And obviously Gilbert isn't 100% regarding his injury, but will he ever be? He is not as explosive as he used to be, and it is going to take him a while to readjust to the NBA tempo.

I am not hating on Gil, because he is clearly one of my favorite players (my username says it all...), but he is not the player a team looking for a championship needs. Sure he can shoot the lights out and drop over 30 points on any given night if he wanted to, but he is inefficient and a team looking to become a championship caliber roster as soon as possible doesn't necessarily need him to do that.

Never in any of my posts did I say "trade him immediately", but we should definitely be looking to at least lock in a potential trade before the deadline just in case, and that trade should definitely involve Butler.

The big 3 aren't living up to their potential, and that is what they are to blame for. It isn't ALL their fault that we are losing games, but a good chunk of it goes to them.

And were you trying to say that if you put our big 3 in place of the Celtics' big 3 on their roster, they would be an elite team? I might have to disagree with that. I like our bench and our role players (except Deshawn and Oberto, they must go), so they are not solely to blame for our losses.

Our core isn't doing what they should, and if things don't change as we approach the trade deadline, we need to make a drastic move.

I read some rumors about a Caron Butler for Anthony Randolph type deal.

Where did you read that?

Where did you read that?

There is also this: putting everybody on the table could mean Riley has been striking out. Three of his key pawns are hurt (Biedrins, Wright, Azubuike), two out for the year. If he is going to lure an Amare Stoudemire, a David West, a Chris Bosh, a Caron Butler or whoever, he probably learned it’s going to take more.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2009/12/15/nobody-on-warriors-untouchable/#more-1651

I guess I read it wrong.

Your logic is flawed. The big 3 have had their chance. You can't compare 3 players to Lebron or Jordan, who have all the weight on their individual shoulders to carry their team to a win. And obviously Gilbert isn't 100% regarding his injury, but will he ever be? He is not as explosive as he used to be, and it is going to take him a while to readjust to the NBA tempo.

How is my logic flawed when you're the one basing your whole argument off of one worthless season? And I sure as hell can compare this to MJ or LeBron, if anything is strengthens my argument.

And I can't believe you're questioning Gil's health. If everything goes right, he will be back 100%, he is playing every game, he is playing major minutes, his health can only get better. And yes, it will take time for him to adjust, so why would you ship him out before you give him a chance to prove himself?

I am not hating on Gil, because he is clearly one of my favorite players (my username says it all...), but he is not the player a team looking for a championship needs. Sure he can shoot the lights out and drop over 30 points on any given night if he wanted to, but he is inefficient and a team looking to become a championship caliber roster as soon as possible doesn't necessarily need him to do that.

Wait a second, is he saying stuff to the media again or did you just make that up? I haven't heard him say anything in regards to his own personal needs. Just a few weeks ago he was calling out his teammates, including one of the captains, which clearly shows he cares about winning. I'm sorry, but this isn't a five year old looking to score points, he wants to win, he said it at the beginning of the season, and he's showing it either with his remarks towards his teammates, or the frustration on his face.

Never in any of my posts did I say "trade him immediately", but we should definitely be looking to at least lock in a potential trade before the deadline just in case, and that trade should definitely involve Butler.

Why would you trade one of the best SF's in the game? Why would you trade one of the better defenders we have? Unless we are getting a guy like Gerald Wallace, there is no reason to trade him.

The big 3 aren't living up to their potential, and that is what they are to blame for. It isn't ALL their fault that we are losing games, but a good chunk of it goes to them.

They are 3/12 of the Wizards, not including the front office of coaching staff. We had to go through 5+ seasons with an offensive minded coach, Eddie Jordan, we had to go through horrible injuries, and we witnessed our best player in his prime go down with an injury that costs him 2 year. Yet they are the one's to blame?

And were you trying to say that if you put our big 3 in place of the Celtics' big 3 on their roster, they would be an elite team? I might have to disagree with that. I like our bench and our role players (except Deshawn and Oberto, they must go), so they are not solely to blame for our losses.

There's a difference between an Elite Team and a 50 win team (which is what I said)..

Our core isn't doing what they should, and if things don't change as we approach the trade deadline, we need to make a drastic move.

No, our CORE isn't doing what they should, there's a big difference. Outside of Andray Blatche, NO ONE on the bench has been consistent.

How is my logic flawed when you're the one basing your whole argument off of one worthless season? And I sure as hell can compare this to MJ or LeBron, if anything is strengthens my argument.

And I can't believe you're questioning Gil's health. If everything goes right, he will be back 100%, he is playing every game, he is playing major minutes, his health can only get better. And yes, it will take time for him to adjust, so why would you ship him out before you give him a chance to prove himself?

Wait a second, is he saying stuff to the media again or did you just make that up? I haven't heard him say anything in regards to his own personal needs. Just a few weeks ago he was calling out his teammates, including one of the captains, which clearly shows he cares about winning. I'm sorry, but this isn't a five year old looking to score points, he wants to win, he said it at the beginning of the season, and he's showing it either with his remarks towards his teammates, or the frustration on his face.

Why would you trade one of the best SF's in the game? Why would you trade one of the better defenders we have? Unless we are getting a guy like Gerald Wallace, there is no reason to trade him.

They are 3/12 of the Wizards, not including the front office of coaching staff. We had to go through 5+ seasons with an offensive minded coach, Eddie Jordan, we had to go through horrible injuries, and we witnessed our best player in his prime go down with an injury that costs him 2 year. Yet they are the one's to blame?

There's a difference between an Elite Team and a 50 win team (which is what I said)..

No, our CORE isn't doing what they should, there's a big difference. Outside of Andray Blatche, NO ONE on the bench has been consistent.

Your logic is flawed because we have 3 separate players to blame for our lack of accomplishment. You can't blame Lebron or MJ because they are single players on their team. You place blame on a group of players or the whole team, not just one. I am blaming the productivity of our big 3.

When did I say Gil was saying something personal? I never said that, I said he needs to change the way he plays if we are going to hang on to him AND win games.

You're asking why we would trade Butler? Our big 3 isn't producing the way we planned and just don't accomplish what we expected them to. I'm not blaming Butler, but he is the easiest to trade away in the big 3, and we need a team makeover and you can't deny that. With what we have now, and who we have leading the team, we aren't going to get anywhere. You talk about "giving them a chance", but isn't it clear that this probably won't turn around drastically? Do you really think we can look like a championship contending team at some point in this season? I doubt it.

They can't stay healthy. We can keep gambling and hope that all 3 stay healthy (which at this point will take a while because Gilbert will NOT revert back to his old form during this season), or we can try to revamp our squad and look to rebuild and improve.

I'll agree, a 50 win team and an elite team are different. But some cases they can be the same thing.

Andray Blatche is not that consistent I'd hate to tell you. Boykins is great off the bench, Nick Young is doing what he is supposed to, Foye's minutes have reduced so you can't blame him for his drop in statistics, McGuire plays consistent defense and isn't in for scoring so I'd say he's farily consistent, Oberto SUCKS, and McGee never gets a chance to play which I feel needs to change.

So basically, we need an improved core for our players to look up to. Good play rubs off, and right now our underachieving core isn't exactly doing wonders for its surrounding players.

• Owner

Roll with the big three until they retire, then. Apparently, you're still banking on Arenas to be fully healthy someday. That trio has been together since the 2005-06 season, and there have been a total of four failed seasons, not including this one (which will also be a failure).

Fact is, Gilbert was supposed to be 100%. He was supposed to be a changed man. The Wizards were supposed to be a 50+ win team. None of that will happen this year, and it hasn't happened in the last four, either.

When you settle for mediocrity on a yearly basis, you become the laughingstock of the sport you play in. The Clippers did this, and now they are the butt of everyone's jokes. The Seattle Supersonics did this, and now Seattle wishes they had their team back. The Knicks re-signed all of their favorite players a few years back (like Washington has done now) and they are now praying to the basketball gods that LeBron rescues them next season, or else they are done for another ten years.

Kobe just dropped 42 tonight, with a broken index finger on his shooting hand. Brett Favre has played the last 2-3 years of his career injured. Those are greats who get the job done, no matter what...athletes that teams would like to build their franchise around.

Well, Gilbert isn't that player. He's not even half that. I knew it before the season started, and I knew it two years ago after watching him crawl around against the Cavs in the playoffs: he's done as that starting point, that leader that everyone thought he was. His clutch is gone, he scores a lot of points on open shots or screens, and he plays absolutely no defense and makes poor decisions with the ball in crucial moments of play.

If Washington finds a suitor, it's go time. Trade him and move on, like Houston needs to do with Tracy McGrady and Milwaukee needs to do with Michael Redd...all guys who can give you 20 points, but do everything else to hurt your team in the long run, big contracts, while staying injured most of the time on or off the court.

Roll with the big three until they retire, then. Apparently, you're still banking on Arenas to be fully healthy someday. That trio has been together since the 2005-06 season, and there have been a total of four failed seasons, not including this one (which will also be a failure).

Fact is, Gilbert was supposed to be 100%. He was supposed to be a changed man. The Wizards were supposed to be a 50+ win team. None of that will happen this year, and it hasn't happened in the last four, either.

When you settle for mediocrity on a yearly basis, you become the laughingstock of the sport you play in. The Clippers did this, and now they are the butt of everyone's jokes. The Seattle Supersonics did this, and now Seattle wishes they had their team back. The Knicks re-signed all of their favorite players a few years back (like Washington has done now) and they are now praying to the basketball gods that LeBron rescues them next season, or else they are done for another ten years.

Kobe just dropped 42 tonight, with a broken index finger on his shooting hand. Brett Favre has played the last 2-3 years of his career injured. Those are greats who get the job done, no matter what...athletes that teams would like to build their franchise around.

Well, Gilbert isn't that player. He's not even half that. I knew it before the season started, and I knew it two years ago after watching him crawl around against the Cavs in the playoffs: he's done as that starting point, that leader that everyone thought he was. His clutch is gone, he scores a lot of points on open shots or screens, and he plays absolutely no defense and makes poor decisions with the ball in crucial moments of play.

If Washington finds a suitor, it's go time. Trade him and move on, like Houston needs to do with Tracy McGrady and Milwaukee needs to do with Michael Redd...all guys who can give you 20 points, but do everything else to hurt your team in the long run, big contracts, while staying injured most of the time on or off the court.

You were quoting Eastcoast right? Because I agreed with most of what you said haha. Gilbert was hyped up to be "in better shape than ever" and ready to contribute immediately. He has been the reverse of both expectations.

I'm going to have to agree with Eastcoast Assassin. It takes a full team to win, not three players. I think most of you guys have the wrong expectations out of them. Fact is, in the past the "big three" have proven to produce very well individually for what they are. It would be a shame for this franchise to lose them, especially if it's for the goal of rebuilding.

What this team needs to do is build with what they got. Three all star caliber players is a great place to start. The only moves I would see to make is to trade other pieces for energy/defensive minded role players to fill in the gaps for what the big three don't do. The big three should handle the scoring and the playmaking. They need dirty work players.

• Owner

That big three, especially Arenas, should be making teammates better. Look what Garnett, Pierce and Allen have done for Rondo, Perkins and House. Did anyone know who Shannon Brown was when he played in Cleveland? How good was Trevor Ariza in New York, or Orlando?

Washington has Foye, Miller, Blatche, Haywood, McGee, McGuire, Young, Stevenson, Boykins, James, and Oberto (probably leaving one or two out). Problem is, Arenas is shooting the ball 18 times per game at under 40%, and Caron is getting 14 shots per at under 42% shooting. Even then, Arenas is turning the ball over almost four times a night, Washington is 21st in points allowed per 100 possessions, 23rd in points per 100, they have no leadership on the floor, no defense among their players and no defensive coaching with Flip Saunders.

I don't see how it's not obvious that Washington needs to toss Gilbert aside. He's becoming what McGrady and Redd are to their teams, what Marbury was to the Knicks, and what Baron Davis is to the Clippers: a player that scores, stops the ball, turns it over, plays zero defense, and does nothing else for his team.

It's why the Knicks are garbage, why Houston kept getting tossed in the first round, why Milwaukee was nothing without Jennings, and why the Clippers are still a joke.

Injuries, just having a bad year, whatever...he hasn't done anything for Washington since suiting up for them. He's shot 43% or less from the field almost every season of his career, he completely choked in the 2005 Playoffs, did absolutely nothing in the 2008 Playoffs, and the team actually looked better without him a few seasons back.

Arenas is done, and the sad thing is, he has about $96 million, five years left on his contract. Keep him for those five, and you might as well write off any success this team will have in that time frame. It was being strongly preached that the Wizards were going to do very well, maybe grab that fourth seed, and I actually believed it at first...but open your eyes, this team is doomed as long as they have Arenas running the offense, and I should've stayed with my summer prediction of exactly that.

If the intention is to begin a process of blowing the team up before re-building, then the Wizards will probably need to make some quick moves to move as many contracts for expiring contracts as fast as possible. Most teams which move players for the purposes of rebuilding don't really think about how much raw talent they're recieving immediately, but rather, how much they could recieve in the near future.

Fooling around on the ESPN trade machine, like so many of us do on lonely Wednesday nights, I came up with one trade which could immediately clear 10 million dollars of their hands. It's not very realistic, but the Wizards really have some awful trading pieces. Anyway:

Washington sends:

Caron Butler

Milwaukee sends:

Luke Ridnour

Kurt Thomas

Both Ridnour and Thomas' contract gets rid of $10,300,000 in salary immediately. Plus according to Hollinger's analysis, it actually improves the Wizards by 3 wins for the season. And even if it doesn't, it assures the Wizards of a better pick in a deep draft. With the expiring contracts of Boykins, Crittendon, Haywood, James, Miller and Stevenson, it puts the Wizards under the cap by $15-17 million dollars; which is enough to be able to sign a high draft pick and get a max type player if he happens to fall that way. If not, they try to get rid Antwan Jamison the following season to be able to comfortably sign a bunch of guys the following free agency and have a completely re-built team in three years time.

Cut the shooting percentage crap RD, it's getting way too repetitive. You completely ignore everything else Gil does, and focus on two things, defense and shooting percentages. I won''t be the ignorant, narrow minded fool in the argument and say I don't care, because you are completely right, but when I keep seeing you post that, it shows you're just finding any possible way to attack his game.

For one, Gil does get players involved. I highly doubt you watch him every game, and don't follow him as much as the average Wizards fan, but let's look at all this from an objective standpoint.

The fact is, Gil does get his players involved. You think he just shoots? No, he looks for players early, he's trying to adjust to that Kobe-mentality (pass in the first half, score in the second), but apparently it isn't working. He's a scorer, I don't know how else I can say it. He's was a scorer in Arizona, he was known as a scorer when he first came into the league, and after two surgeries, he will still be looking to score. I don't care if you hate him, but respect that much.

He looks for his teammates more than anyone else except Mike Miller (who is injured) and Earl Boykins (who comes off the bench). But the problem is, Flip doesn't want him to adjust his game, and wants him to keep that scoring mentality until he is perfectly comfortable within the offense.

And there is absolutely no way Arenas is done. Matter of fact, I find that statement more pathetic than I do find it laughable. And I'm being completely honest with you here.

Arenas stops the ball on offense? Which game are you watching? Please, you're pulling your "facts" out of no where, and take it from someone who watches every minute of Wizards basketball. Arenas gets the ball upcourt, half the time he doesn't have the ball in his hands. That's Flip Saunders' offense, and that's how it is executed. Finding players off of screens and picks, this isn't the Princeton offense where you can find Gil rolling off a screen and let him work with the ball at the top of the key.

To put the blame on one player (you clearly are directing everything to Gil) is ridiculous. Has Ernie Grunfeld provided Arenas with a team that can match Cleveland, Boston, or Orlando? He looks for available free agents, sure, but those who only know how to shoot the ball. Why won't you give the big three a team like the Celtics, and watch them succeed.

But I'm sorry the player who once was drafted in the second round and was supposed to be a complete scrub in the league isn't Kobe, because evidently that's where you're basing your standards off of. I'm sorry Gil doesn't score at an efficient rate, I'm sorry Gil can't win 50 games on his own, but putting the blame on him solely is absolutely erroneous.

I'm all up for change, but only AFTER I SEE THIS TEAM PLAY MORE THAN ONE SEASON HEALTHY. Say what you like, bring up our past 4 seasons, it doesn't matter. I rather see our team end up in the lottery after seeing the big three play more than 70 games respectively than watching us tear the core Abe Pollin set out for us 5 years ago. Not only would it stupid, we would be letting him down, and that's something I do not want to see happen. Then I can at least we gave them a fair chance. The off season is meant for reconstructing your entire team, not the season where you are letting you're front office, players, and fans all down.

• Owner

Awesome contributions by the un-clutch against the Kings. Evans (a rookie) picked his pocket and showed Arenas he was the better guard tonight.

Arenas doesn't have a team? Haha, I'm pretty sure he does. Wade has Beasley and O'Neal. Brandon Jennings has Bogut. Both teams are better than the Wizards.

And I placed the blame on everyone else as well. Go read my previous posts. It just seems like that's not the right thing to do, since NOBODY is to blame in Washington (except for the injury bug, of course!) so I don't know where to go with it.

Don't bring up shooting percentages? Defense? Turnovers? What else should I say? He sure the hell didn't look like he was getting anyone involved late in the game tonight, and I do watch plenty of Wizards games on LP. My girlfriend is a Cavs fan, so she cheers for the team opposing them, and we love watching Washington lose.

But yeah, keep praying for the "injured" Arenas, the guy who has taken 20+ shots in five of his last seven games, all but one in losing efforts. I guess I was right in saying that Mike Miller was the most valuable player for the Wizards, since these three so-called "all-star caliber players" in Jamison, Butler and Arenas are on pace to win just 25 games at this point without him playing.