Mike Barrett on Przybilla

Mike Barrett is one of our team's commentators, posted this on his blog.

First of all, I don't even know what to say about the Joel Przybilla injury. I could see that his right leg was tangled behind his left leg and he was about to go down. The Oden injury came out of nowhere. This one I could see coming a split second before it happened.

It was such a violent fall I thought initially he might have broken his leg. Actually, that would have been better than what happened. Joel is extremely tough, as you know, so when he went down, screamed, and then took a quick glance at his knee, I knew it could be bad. It was.

It's a ruptured patella tendon, and a dislocated patella (knee cap). In short, it's much worse than Greg Oden's injury.

I was standing in the loading dock after the game when Joel rode up in a cart and climbed out with the use of crutches. In typical Joel fashion, he smiled, and said, "I'm good. I'm playing tomorrow." He continued to try and lighten the moment, but he's obviously crushed.

Read more

:(

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

I honestly think that Howard and Pendergraph will fill in just fine. Which is why I'm so excited for tonight's game against the Spurs, assuming Duncan will be playing tonight. This will push our team to help make our team stronger as a whole. Howard was able to put up a double double last night off the bench (granted it was 35 mins) with 10 points and 10 boards. He was a fantastic signing for us and I look forward to seeing what he can with even more minutes.

If it doesn't work out for us in like 2-3 weeks, then I'd be more open to trade for a big but at this point, I still say it's a big no.

Well, you know this team better than I do, but from what I've seen.. what Joel and Oden brought to this team was valuable, especially on the defensive end. I would think they need a temporary replacement, and the Blazers have plenty of trade bait with all those PGs.

Well, you know this team better than I do, but from what I've seen.. what Joel and Oden brought to this team was valuable, especially on the defensive end. I would think they need a temporary replacement, and the Blazers have plenty of trade bait with all those PGs.

He knows them well too, I've watched this team for the past 10 years though. and knowing Pritchard he'll make more then one move for sure.