Games of the Decade

La Bomba

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=games/decade/2009syracuseunconn

ESPN's writers made a list of the best games of the decade in all sports with the six overtime Syracuse vs. Connecticut game in first. I can't really rate the list completely because I don't follow sports like golf, baseball, or hockey so I can't really say whether that game was deserving to be there or not. I think the Olympic gold medal final in basketball in the last Olympic games should of at least been considered, but I wouldn't know if it is deserving over the baseball games and other games mentioned.

Seems like the games near the top of the list are the most recent, and they gradually get older and older. Not sure if that's a coincidence, but it seemed like they gave an edge to the games freshest on their memories.

Guys...

In the end, it's the games that matter. The anticipation that this game may produce something special. It's why we sit through Titans 47, Rams 7. It's why we sift through blogs and trade rumors and box scores. We like the games. We picked the 25 best games, matches and races of the decade -- believe us, it wasn't easy -- and listed them in reverse chronological order. We want you to rank the best. Enjoy the look back as ESPN.com writers remember these classics

There is no way in hell that last year's Super Bowl should be #2, no way!

That was not a good game by any stretch of the imagination until the end of the game.

It was a great ending, but not a great game.

James Harrison says hi

Haha at first I was going to say WTF, they just picked the most recent games. The first thing that came to my head when I saw the title was USC Texas Rose Bowl. No Rams Titans superbowl? WTF 1 yard short that game was incredible.

Edited by Fish7718

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Owner

I don't see how 81 doesn't get on that list. The Lakers were down 24 or so as well. How many times in your lifetime will you see a player score 80+ in a game?

One could argue that should be filed under player performances...but then again, so should a handful on that list.

• Like 1

I don't see how 81 doesn't get on that list. The Lakers were down 24 or so as well. How many times in your lifetime will you see a player score 80+ in a game?

One could argue that should be filed under player performances...but then again, so should a handful on that list.

It was a regular season game, and despite the incredible comeback, it was was over mid-fourth quarter.