Iggy TMac Swap?

Guest The Situation

Guest The Situation

Actually no Morey isn't.

I got news from other forums that the deal is closing in on something like Iggy/Young for T-Mac.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20100101_Sixers_Notes___Iguodala_would_be_price_of_obtaining_McGrady.html

I am liking the Rockets more and more every year, they will be the best team in the league if they land Iggy for T-mac.

You have Iggy who is top 3 best slashers in the league, Ariza a 3 point threat, a 20 ppg point guard who is amazing and a dominant center in Yao when he returns.

This team is scary as hell if this goes down!!!

Top 3? LMAO I wish

Sources tell ESPN that the Sixers have not completely ruled out a Tracy McGrady-for-Andre Iguodala deal. The Sixers are contemplating a fire sale if their losing persists.

Talks between the two teams have taken place but they have not reached the serious stage. Philadelphia hinted at a package of Iguodala and Samuel Dalembert for McGrady.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63989/20100112/sixers_consider_iguodala_for_t_mac_trade/

It won't happen unless the Sixers dump Dalembert's contract.

In other words, it won't happen.

If it was me I would insist that the Rockets take on Brand's contract, not Dalembert's. Dalembert's contract isn't appealing at all, but at least it runs out next year, Brand's contract is just disguisting.

Although, I can't see Houston being willing to take on Brand.

• Owner

I'm not sure if it's the contract they care about (meaning, they are trying to avoid). He'll be making $12 million next year, but it expires after that.

I think it's more to do with having a player on the Rockets that will back up Yao, and the question is, will Dalembert even accept that role? He's a weird dude...and I really don't think he's that good of a player to begin with.

^Good point and I doubt Adelman will be happy having to coach with such a brain dead big. He would only get 10-15 minutes next season backing up Yao and I wouldn't be all too surprised if he was dropped out of the rotation in favor of Chuck Hayes.

This has come up before but its been only briefly talked about among Rockets fans. What if Houston is targeting the 2011 free agency? With Yao, Battier and Dally's contracts coming off the books we would have freed up roughly $37-38 million. Its not the biggest free agency considering most of the big names are restricted, but maybe the Rockets can come out with a solid player or two.

Again, Houston has to be convinced that they can compete for a championship next season if we were to pull the trigger. What I am worried about though is that Iggy's style of play will have Houston's offense back to the old days of T-Mac/Yao. Iggy will have the ball in his hands trying to create something and the rest just standing around waiting for something to happen.