Next great international Big man(Predicted to go number 4) This year

Years

The rest came from college or high school to the NBA. If those leagues over in Europe are that crazy then why aren't more players coming to the NBA?

OK, lets take Derrick Rose.

Rose probably wanted to play in the NBA straight from HS. but he couldn't he had to have left HS and have atleast 1 year of NCAA/Pro experience. which situation sounds better:

"I can go to College in the US, just play for 1 year and go to the NBA. very easy."

or

"I can pack up all my bags, try and get some money together to go to Europe even though I'm broke, and play ball there for 1 season, and then pack up and move back to the US."

Much more people in America play basketball in Europe... and for those Americans who are succesful, it makes much more sense to go to a college in their home counrty, than to move continents for 1 year.

PS. Adam Morrison, Michael Olowakandi, Hasheem Thabeet, Greg Oden, Jay Williams. they all have 1 thing in common.

OK, lets take Derrick Rose.

Rose probably wanted to play in the NBA straight from HS. but he couldn't he had to have left HS and have atleast 1 year of NCAA/Pro experience. which situation sounds better:

"I can go to College in the US, just play for 1 year and go to the NBA. very easy."

or

"I can pack up all my bags, try and get some money together to go to Europe even though I'm broke, and play ball there for 1 season, and then pack up and move back to the US."

Much more people in America play basketball in Europe... and for those Americans who are succesful, it makes much more sense to go to a college in their home counrty, than to move continents for 1 year.

PS. Adam Morrison, Michael Olowakandi, Hasheem Thabeet, Greg Oden, Jay Williams. they all have 1 thing in common.

First off, Rose would've been paid to go to Europe just like Jennings was so money wouldn't be a problem. I don't think anyone's discussing people leaving the US to go to Europe. That kind of adds to my point in a way though. These guys go to college and are better prepared for the NBA game than when they come out of HS or Europe.

And how about Tskitishvilli, Koralev, Darko and plenty others?

First off, Rose would've been paid to go to Europe just like Jennings was so money wouldn't be a problem. I don't think anyone's discussing people leaving the US to go to Europe. That kind of adds to my point in a way though. These guys go to college and are better prepared for the NBA game than when they come out of HS or Europe.

And how about Tskitishvilli, Koralev, Darko and plenty others?

Plenty of others? Those are the 3 only busts probably, way more European players have panned out than not, why do people only mention Darko, Tskitishvilli and Koralev as possible futures? Where is the mention of possibilities like Sambonis, Divac, Drazen Petrovic, Dirk, Krstic (would have been a beast if he never got injured), Marc Gasol, and Pau Gasol?

Darko and Tskitishvili really had no business even being early picks, Darko wasnt even playing for top Serbian team when he was even drafted, and he definitely didnt get any playing time for 3 years.

I'll bet anyone right now 100$ that Motiejunas doesnt end up like Koralev, Darko or Tskitishvilli, anyone wanna take it?

Way more players from Europe have panned out than not

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

Plenty of others? Those are the 3 only busts probably, way more European players have panned out than not, why do people only mention Darko, Tskitishvilli and Koralev as possible futures? Where is the mention of possibilities like Sambonis, Divac, Drazen Petrovic, Dirk, Krstic (would have been a beast if he never got injured), Marc Gasol, and Pau Gasol?

Darko and Tskitishvili really had no business even being early picks, Darko wasnt even playing for top Serbian team when he was even drafted, and he definitely didnt get any playing time for 3 years.

I'll bet anyone right now 100$ that Motiejunas doesnt end up like Koralev, Darko or Tskitishvilli, anyone wanna take it?

Way more players from Europe have panned out than not

So Jay Williams isn't a bust then because he would've been a star had he not gotten in that accident.

I don't think Motiejunas will end up like those three either. I just don't think he's going to be the superstar that everyone thinks he will.

So Jay Williams isn't a bust then because he would've been a star had he not gotten in that accident.

I don't think Motiejunas will end up like those three either. I just don't think he's going to be the superstar that everyone thinks he will.

Superstar? Define it

Or name me some.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

And by the way, I'm not defending this guy because I have never seen him play, and Youtube highlights don't ever tell even half of the story because they can make any bum look good. I'm arguing against the idea that international players turn into busts, that the NBA is better without International players, and the days of Euros in the NBA are over.

I don't think he'll ever be a 20 and 10 guy.

20 is a good possibility, the 10 part is just a maybe. from what I have seen of Motiejunas, he can do everything, he can use both hands (which is a huge plus believe it or not), he can shoot from anywhere, he has a hook, he can clean-up, he can do a turn around jumper in the post, he can pretty much do anything on the offensive end, and when you have a good skillset like that, the sky is the limit. His offense alone should turn him into a good player, and he can just learn the other parts of the game through experience (rebounding, defending, passing (which he is actually decent at).

In my 6 years of being a NBA fan, I have figured out that if you have good scoring ability and a wide skillset, you will be in the NBA regardless of how bad you are at rebounding, defending or passing. There are guys who just stay in the NBA just because they have a decent jumpshot such as Korver or Kapono. If you had told me 2 years ago that Aaron Brooks would be averaging 20 ppg and little over 5 APG, I would have thought you were crazy, but the fact that he was so good offensively made this a huge possibility. Many players in the NBA coming in like PGs and Centers mainly usually feel a lot of pressure that they have to play a certain way, like PGs who have to be good 3 point shooters and passers or centers who have to be tough and rebound the ball well. Rafer Alston even had a conversation with Brooks that if he just sticks to what he does (scoring) the other parts will come to him through experience since he felt the pressure of needing to become a pass first point guard. The way I see it with Montiejunas is that, if he has a good mentor, a coach who gives him playing time and if he continues to use his scoring ability, he will become a superstar.

And by the way, I'm not defending this guy because I have never seen him play, and Youtube highlights don't ever tell even half of the story because they can make any bum look good. I'm arguing against the idea that international players turn into busts, that the NBA is better without International players, and the days of Euros in the NBA are over.

I agree with you 100%. I just feel like people putting huge expectations on this kid may be setting themselves up for disappointment that's all. To say he's the next great international big man without seeing him play against NBA level competition first is a bit much though.

I agree with you 100%. I just feel like people putting huge expectations on this kid may be setting themselves up for disappointment that's all. To say he's the next great international big man without seeing him play against NBA level competition first is a bit much though.

To say he isnt when you havent seen him play is also ignorant.

To say he isnt when you havent seen him play is also ignorant.

The whole point of my argument is that there's the potential that he won't be. I've already acknowledged that I haven't seen a full game of his but I've read up on him. No one can say he will or won't be because we simply don't know. All I'm saying is that there's a possibility based on what I've read.

/and get off the high horse calling people ignorant.

http://msn.foxsports...avid-lee/339191

superstar. :rolleyes:

Flash doesn't read anyones replies by the way, he just makes up opinions based on his own agenda. Useless to argue with someone who's rhetoric skill isn't tuned past the level of an 8 year old.

LOL get off my dick bro. I was simply stating an opinion about what I thought he would or wouldn't become. Obviously David Lee isn't a superstar and 20/10 isn't a measuring stick for being a superstar I just said I never thought he'd be a 20 and 10 guy. Sweet personal attack dude you look so much smarter now. Hope you feel better about yourself.

This is always how flaming starts, :lol: one guy says something one doesnt like, then he replies and then the flaming begins LOL.

^^+1. I may have been out of line but there's no need for the [expletive] that was posted above.

As for what you said to define a superstar. I don't think a superstar is defined by stats alone. I think there's very few true superstars in this league. Those would be Wade, Kobe, LeBron, Melo, Durant, Bosh, Dirk and the 2 great PG's in Paul and D-Will.

Like I said, superstars aren't based on stats alone as we see with David Lee. I don't think anyone considers him a superstar.

As for where I see Motiejunas' career when he gets into the league. I think he could be in that third-fourth tier group of players with a chance at being in that second group because of his offensive potential. His strength and rebounding are gonna need serious work though as those are probably the 2 biggest knocks on him no?

• 2 weeks later...

Some mocks have Jan Vesely going before Motiejunas, could this guy be a better international prospect than Donatas? I ask because Morey was scouting the Partizan-Maccabi game early today.

Edited by Dash

Some mocks have Jan Vesely going before Motiejunas, could this guy be a better international prospect than Donatas? I ask because Morey was scouting the Partizan-Maccabi game early today.

Jan Vesely is a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTSB8oB35T4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOJ7zn5RlVk

Has major hops.

Edited by YugoRocketsFan

^I'll take that as a yes lol. Nice dunk though, he's been on my radar since he jumped into the lottery in Chad Ford's mock. Would be redundant to Jordan unless he is able to play the 3 or backup center in the NBA level.