Where do you think T-Mac will end up?

JWaLL

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rumors have been flying all over the place about where T-Mac might be traded to. The ones I listed are the most commonly discussed in published trade rumors. If you had to guess, where do you think he might end up?

In all honesty, I think the Wizards have the best chance at landing him because as stated in a recent source, EVERYONE on the Wizards roster is available via trade and we are willing to move anyone for the better of the team. Butler is being offered with some fillers, and that is definitely an attractive offer for the Rockets.

I think the best fit for him would probably be the Knicks, becuase he looks like he still wants to dominate the ball and who cares if he wants to doinate in New York, their already discombobulated as is. The kings sounds interesting but then again it all depends on Tracy's mentality

• Owner

Washington or Chicago.

The Knicks would be a possibility, though. Nate wants out, and they really don't care what happens to their team this year as long as they have the cap to sign a big FA this offseason, and McGrady helps them with that.

Chicago Bulls.

The Bulls have a more enticing offer then the New York Knicks and it's a win-win situation for us.

Houston Receives:

- John Salmons (He can opt-out if he would desire)

- Brad Miller(Expiring Deal)

- Jerome James(Expiring Deal)

Chicago Receives:

- Tracy McGrady(Expiring Deal)

Houston gets two good players: John Salmons & Brad Miller and Jerome Jones' expiring deal will just help them with salary.

It's a win-win situation for Chicago because we get an expiring deal(Tracy McGrady) and if he doesn't play well, he's gone at the end of the season. If he plays well, we can re-sign him and get possibly another star such as Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh.

Edited by 23Bullsaj

Chicago Bulls.

The Bulls have a more enticing offer then the New York Knicks and it's a win-win situation for us.

Houston Receives:

- Jerome Jones(Expiring Deal)

Chicago Receives:

Houston gets two good players: John Salmons & Brad Miller and Jerome Jones' expiring deal will just help them with salary.

It's a win-win situation for Chicago because we get an expiring deal(Tracy McGrady) and if he doesn't play well, he's gone at the end of the season. If he plays well, we can re-sign him and get possibly another star such as Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh.

Exactly, I heard Houston doesn't want to receive any long term contracts.

There's nobody out there that either has the expiring contracts that match McGrady's, have the players that interest Houston, or have the players that interest Houston but won't leave themselves with nothing.

How is Washington getting him without giving up Miller, James, and either Butler, Arenas, Jamison (players with contracts Houston doesn't want), or Brendan Haywood (whose loss officially ends Washington's season). Washington plays with bad shot-taking, finesse jump shooters who don't defend (Butler is a bit of an exception to all counts)...McGrady helps how in the short term?

The Rockets don't want Kevin Martin or any of Sacramento's players that aren't Tyreke Evans.

Chicago makes the most sense because of Jerome James (Who'd be waived), Tim Thomas (who'd be waived), and Brad Miller who have big expiring contracts, but I don't know the details of James' contract, or how interested Houston is James Johnson or Taj Gibson.

Houston doesn't want Nate Robinson. They're doing fine with the point guards they have and Robinson is only worth $4 million. Plus, the Knicks don't have the draft pick the Rockets would want and Houston doesn't need David Lee. Houston doesn't care about anyone else on the Knicks roster.

Unless the Rockets are getting Iguodala, the Sixers aren't getting T-Mac.

Unless the Rockets are willing to take on garbage, I'd bet they simply keep T-Mac and let his deal expire at the end of the season.

Chicago makes the most sense because of Jerome James (Who'd be waived), Tim Thomas (who'd be waived), and Brad Miller who have big expiring contracts, but I don't know the details of James' contract, or how interested Houston is James Johnson or Taj Gibson.

The Chicago Bulls waived Tim Thomas during the off-season.

The Chicago Bulls waived Tim Thomas during the off-season.

Did not know that. I was just looking at the contracts on hoopshype to see where potential contract matches are. That makes it much harder because the Bulls would then have to send over someone like Luol Deng who the Rockets probably wouldn't want.

Edited by Erick Blasco

Chicago Bulls.

Houston Receives:

- Jerome James(Expiring Deal)

Chicago Receives:

That actually isn't too bad, but would the Rockets want to take the chance that he doesn't opt out? It also leaves the Bulls painfully thin in the frontcourt.

There's nobody out there that either has the expiring contracts that match McGrady's, have the players that interest Houston, or have the players that interest Houston but won't leave themselves with nothing.

How is Washington getting him without giving up Miller, James, and either Butler, Arenas, Jamison (players with contracts Houston doesn't want), or Brendan Haywood (whose loss officially ends Washington's season). Washington plays with bad shot-taking, finesse jump shooters who don't defend (Butler is a bit of an exception to all counts)...McGrady helps how in the short term?

The Rockets don't want Kevin Martin or any of Sacramento's players that aren't Tyreke Evans.

Houston doesn't want Nate Robinson. They're doing fine with the point guards they have and Robinson is only worth $4 million. Plus, the Knicks don't have the draft pick the Rockets would want and Houston doesn't need David Lee. Houston doesn't care about anyone else on the Knicks roster.

Unless the Rockets are willing to take on garbage, I'd bet they simply keep T-Mac and let his deal expire at the end of the season.

The trade wouldn't be to necessarily improve our success as a team, but to give us salary comfort for the upcoming offseason, and that combined with all of our expiring contracts gives us a lot of money to spend in the off season. Obviously McGrady wouldn't help our team with winning, but he would definitely with our rebuilding in the long run.

That actually isn't too bad, but would the Rockets want to take the chance that he doesn't opt out? It also leaves the Bulls painfully thin in the frontcourt.

Knowing Salmons, he most likely will. Brad Miller hasn't been playing that well for the Bulls, it's not a huge loss anyways. Tyrus Thomas is back and Joakim Noah has been aggressive on the boards. I'll take our chances on that.

Knowing Salmons, he most likely will. Brad Miller hasn't been playing that well for the Bulls, it's not a huge loss anyways. Tyrus Thomas is back and Joakim Noah has been aggressive on the boards. I'll take our chances on that.

It also means the Bulls' first sub at center becomes Aaron Gray who is awful. I think Chicago needs the spacing on offense more than a backup big man so I'd do it, but I'd like to see how the current team performs first now that they're all healthy and Salmons is on the bench. They've played well recently.

The trade wouldn't be to necessarily improve our success as a team, but to give us salary comfort for the upcoming offseason, and that combined with all of our expiring contracts gives us a lot of money to spend in the off season. Obviously McGrady wouldn't help our team with winning, but he would definitely with our rebuilding in the long run.

With the Arenas nonsense taking place, it would be best for Washington to blow up and rebuild. If the Wizards trade Miller, Haywood, and James I think it works out financially and I think Houston accepts but those players were expiring contracts already. No matter what, Washington will have to wait two or three years for cap flexibility.

Arenas' contract is on the books till at least 2014. Damn.

It also means the Bulls' first sub at center becomes Aaron Gray who is awful. I think Chicago needs the spacing on offense more than a backup big man so I'd do it, but I'd like to see how the current team performs first now that they're all healthy and Salmons is on the bench. They've played well recently.

Well, it always helps when you're playing teams such as Indiana and Detroit, but the win against NOH was huge.

Exactly, the ideal trade Houston is looking for is not out there. T-Mac is likely not getting moved.

Edited by Dash

I think it should be the wiz

If the wiz really want to trade for t-mac and rebuild

Very easily Butler + Jamison + Mike James for T-mac + 1pick + Scola / some others

If i am rocket, i would accept that definitely perhaps

No, they wouldn't accept a trade like that. Scola is not a guy Houston is willing to trade, and Jamison would wind up being treated the same way as T-Mac is now. Butler may make it into the rotation over time, but Houston isn't even looking for guards or wing player, anyway.

Since Adelman is so concerned about the chemistry, they should just waive T-Mac, since any possible addition they probably wouldn't want to play anyway, and anyone else would just bring cap room.. which would be a useless trade to begin with.

Very easily Butler + Jamison + Mike James for T-mac + 1pick + Scola / some others

Are you kidding? Scola? Pass...we get the same production from Jamison in Scola but $10 million cheaper. If you think Houston does that then you haven't kept up them. Houston's entire roster (except Tracy, who was extended by our previous GM) is made up of productive players on cheap contracts. Rockets are not willing to commit to ANYTHING long term unless its a superstar or young asset.

Please don't try to make our fanbase look bad with ridiculous trade ideas... :confused: